Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

I bought it in a whim because a) i don't own any coral red lipstick b) i decided i have the money for a drugstore lipstick. I put it on when my lips were properly prepped and dry af. I would definitely suggest doing so when you have exfoliated and soak your lips in moisture for the best results.

Other than that, the colour does last quite long. And even if it does lose its lustre, the faded lipstick looks like a stain which I find enjoyable.

Reapplication is ok. But if you're doing that won dry lips, be prepared you will need to wipe the excess off before applying a new layer.

on 9/25/2016 12:01:00 AM

I own three colors of this collection I love the feel how it applies, so smooth and easy, and I love the all the shades, so pigmented and natural, but, but, it is not long lasting, this is the only point that disappointed me, except this, I love it a lot! I probably repurchase it again because I really love the shade range, my three shades are awsame! 10, don't pink of it (it is natural pink similar to my lip color) 07, nude-ist(one of my favourite, I think it is a dupe for armani 501,they look so similar and both in matte finish) 12, beau brun(belive me, it is a dupe for Estee Lauder pure color envy in 420 rebellious rose, but in matte finish,the EL is in a shine finish)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great formula. My only issue is that the nude colour turns to a berry colour on my lips. I will buy again in a different colour.

This is definitely my all time favourite beauty product. It has a high consistency and is very moisturising on the lips. I have it in #08 Nude-ist and I highly recommend it. The only problem is it takes a lot of scrubbing to remove it.

on 8/9/2016 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros : smooth texture, the applicator is helpful, elegant packaging.
Cons : pricey, its didn't stay long after your lips touch food, the marketing said it could stay longer for about 24 hrs (I think there is a small note behind it : if you have fasting or just drinking not eating). I don't know because I bought Oh So Hap Pink and it kinda soft pink so its not dark color and it really didn't stay long. If I ran out this product I don't want to buy it again because there is other brands with similar qualities but cheaper. Don't try using this product without applying lip balm first, it's horrible in my experience when I stayed long at AC rooms before. Marketing strategy (I guess) at Bourjois counter in my country, they always said there is no available stock for this kind of lipstick.

on 5/16/2016 11:42:00 PM

I was really excited to try this Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet. Bought one in the shade 11 So Happink in an online shop (didn't test it). After trying on, I must say I'm very disappointed with this product. It has a very bad chemical smell, the colour is not the same as the bottle packaging that is sort of roses mauve colour, instead it was red-pinkish very bright. It also made the surrounded of my lips very dry. I decided not to use it again after trying several times. I hope this only happened to me (maybe a bad batch or something) as I've read good reviews prior buying and also swatches that is shown in the internet for this colour doesn't reflect the same colour so beware if you're going for a pink rose mauve colour you might be dissapointed too. Overall I think you can purchase better quality lipsticks from other brand especially in Asia that they sell Bourjois in a "non-drugstore" price. I do like Bourjois' healthy mix serum foundation although the shade 53 appears a bit greyish on yellow toned skin such as mine. I hope this review helps!

on 2/29/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this on a friend's recommendation, loving it! I've always been afraid to try nude lipsticks cause I never seemed to be able to find the right shade (asian people problems), most of the time I end up just looking like a ghost. When I saw this lipstick in 17 Cool Brown, it looked really pretty and I liked the texture of the formula, plus my local drugstore was having a sale. I have dry lips but this lipstick doesn't really dry them out, and its pretty comfortable to wear. Will last through food and drink, but it's not entirely transfer proof. It does have a bit of a weird smell, but overall, I would recommend this.

on 1/25/2016 4:56:00 AM

longlasting and pigmented for me

After seeing my favourite beauty bloggers rave about this range and the amazing staying power so I decided to try.
I bought the shades Grand Cru, Plum Plum Girl and Don't pink of it on 3 for 2 at Superdrug.
I'm really disappointed.
Grand Cru is a beautiful dark red colour but the consistency is terrible and quite different from the other two. It's hard to explain but it doesn't apply evenly no matter what I try so I've never actually been able to wear it out!
Plum Plum Girl is gorgeous and looks so nice when it's newly on, but within a couple of hours it sits in the creases of my mouth.
Don't pink of it is not a good colour for me.

Love, love these liquid lipsticks. It is very matt as to be expected, the colour you can really build up depending on how strong you want it during the day or night. I currently have shade number 1 and 2. Number 2 is the first one i bought and I loved it straight away. Really long lasting too on the lips. Would like to try a few other shades too.