Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

4.3

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in shade Frambourjoise and I don't think I'm going to repurchase this. It has a very chemical scent and not even a nice chemical scent like Colourpop Lippie Stix, the scent is so annoying. It dries down matte but transfer REALLY easily if you eat/drink something even if it's very light, and god, don't get me started with the formula. It dries your lips like Sahara desert and makes your lips flaky as hell after just 2-3 hours of application. Even worse is that you can't apply lipbalm to moisturize your flaky lips because the color will be gone.

The nice side of this product is the packaging and applicator, the spongy applicator makes application smooth and the color payoff is also nice, to be honest Also if you do not eat/drink/kiss anything/anyone at all this product can stay for a pretty long while. But this product is not for me. Too bad since the color flatters my NC42 skintone.

on 2/29/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this on a friend's recommendation, loving it! I've always been afraid to try nude lipsticks cause I never seemed to be able to find the right shade (asian people problems), most of the time I end up just looking like a ghost. When I saw this lipstick in 17 Cool Brown, it looked really pretty and I liked the texture of the formula, plus my local drugstore was having a sale. I have dry lips but this lipstick doesn't really dry them out, and its pretty comfortable to wear. Will last through food and drink, but it's not entirely transfer proof. It does have a bit of a weird smell, but overall, I would recommend this.

on 6/27/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product has a really big rave in my place. I tried to buy it once in the counter, even Sales Assistant made up a ridiculous rule. She told me that I can get Rouge Velvet only if I purchase it with another product. Come on, there's no such thing. It's not even a GWP product!

I refused to buy there and I finally found it online, the Peach Club one. I understand why it is such a rave. It has a really smooth texture, application is relatively easy, and the color pay off is quite satisfying. You will probably need to apply 2 swipes to get the best pigmentation and coverage, but I mostly use it as stain so I just swipe once and dab the product on the lips to smear it evenly. It feels really light on my lips, and I happily claim that this doesn't dry my lips. It dries quickly, so I think a quicker application is suggested.

Long-wearing? Yes. I took a sip of a cup of coffee 3 minutes after application and it didn't even leave a stain on the cup. After almost 6 hours with oily and spicy dinner, a couple cigarettes and a few drinks, it left visible (and acceptable) stain.

I find that the color changes after a while, but I'm not sure if it oxidises or it just fades away (which reveals a hint of my lips' true color). In the tube, it looks more like a medium coral pink that peach pink. I have purplish pigmented lips and when freshly applied, the color appears as bright reddish-orange. It does flatter yellow undertone and brings a nice contrast for medium skin (NC35). After a few hours, when it looks like lesser pigments stay, the color on the lips turns into rosy pink. Nothing annoying though.

While the price is higher than most drugstore lipsticks, but I find that you will be satisfied for what you're paying for. I would gladly buy them again (in another shade!).

on 6/3/2015 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought 4 shade of this lippy in peach club, ole flamingo, nudeist and happy nude year.
not all of them makes me happy.

peach club - actually it looks more orange rather than peach. idk but this shade made my lips dry and lack of color pay off. i'm quite disappointed with this.

ole flamingo - bright deep fuschia. it's bold color that doesn't suit for daily wear. but pigmentation and lasting power is great.

nudeist and happy nude year - oh these my favorite. perfect for office, quite long lasting, but i found it drying sometimes, even though i used lipbalm underneath.

repurchase? yes for nudeist and happy nude year

on 3/18/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Fantastic lipstick Love it. Stays on all day . Loveeeee it. I have it in grand cru

on 3/9/2015 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the best lip product formula i have ever used.

The rouge edition velvets apply like a thin, sheer gel but can definitely be layered plus there is plenty of playing time before they dry down. Although these have a somewhat sheer appearance they are very pigmented.
This product last longer that any formula i have tried but feels hardly noticeable on the lips, especially compared to other lip stains which can be extremely drying and uncomfortable.

I want a lip product that can last through eating a steak and drinking a few pints and this does that! I get up to 10 hours wear (with eating and drinking).

This product comes in a square clear tube with a slanted, flat doe foot applicator and with 8ml of product. The lipstick is easily visible through the plastic and the lid is also the colour of the shade.
The colours in the range include four reds, both cool and warm, two bright pinks, a peach and two mauvy/pink nudes.
I own the entire range (9) except for the darkest colour 'grand cru' which i found applied patchy and 'happy nude year' which is hard to find where i live.

The only negatives about this product are that the shade range is quiet small and a few of the colours are quiet similar, it would be great if the range included a purple, a coral, a plum or maybe an orangey shade.

Some people also do not like the smell, i would describe it as sort of like a dried/stewed fruit smell, not candy or fruit sweet but more of a cooked fig/prune scent. I like the smell but i know many people that do not like it.

These retail in store for $24 in Australia but you can sometime get them on sale for $10-$14 and they can also be bought online for a similar price. This may see expensive for a drugstore liquid lipstick but the formula is so great i would easily pay $50.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

so lovely, stays on really well!

Popular Lipsticks