Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.1

on 12/4/2016 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Maybe I got a dud but... Streaky application, funny smell, exaggerates any dry areas and bleeds. The only good thing is the smooth light feeling, hence the 2 stars instead of 1.

I hate this. I wanted to try it for absolute ages, but have so many lip products I just couldn't justify it. However, when I got it as a gift when purchasing for 15 pounds bourjois products I got really excited to try it. The shade was 04, which is just not universally flattering (same shade for everyone in that gift.). It made my teeth look super yellow, and just did not look good. However the shade isn't my issue with this, as there are many others, it is the formula.
The product applied really streaky and needed several coats to actually cover the lips, and while it initially looked nice and smooth, after it dried down a bit it looked clumpy. To make matters worse it never dried completely and stayed tacky. it also wore off, even though I was only drinking out of a straw, and it looked flaky and settled in clumps in the lines of my lips.
Worst of all: I couldn't get the damn thing off haha.
so, for me, not a good product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have this in 04 Peach Club. It's a beautiful, warm, coral pink with a tinge of red. You can build up opacity, and I find it's best to apply in two light coats. Whilst I find the colour to be gorgeous on my NC15-20 cool olive skin, I am not a fan of the formula. It dries down matte but it does not set, so the formula is prone to moving. If you take a sip from a glass, you will see the colour transfer. If you eat anything - even if it is light - it will also transfer and rub off. The colour rubs off unevenly, and most of the colour is gone from the centre of my mouth. Not very attractive at all.

Another characteristic I do not like about this product is that it is drying and this is a very unforgiving formula. Your lips have to be VERY well-prepped and moisturised, otherwise every single line will show up after two hours or so. It's also quite pricey in Australia as it goes for A$24 RRP. I love the packaging - it's sleek and beautiful, but the formula just is not up to par. I will finish this, but I would not repurchase or recommend this to anyone looking for a formula that is vivid, long-wearing and comfortable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love these. I have them in two shades: #07 Nude-ist and #01 Personne ne rouge. They go on very smoothly, have a gorgeous satin finish to them and stay on for ages (when they do wear down, I am never left with the awful "lip liner-like" ring around my mouth!). They also do not dry out my lips and go on smoothly over any existing dry spots. My only issue is that Nude-ist oxidizes into a much darker shade within 10 minutes of wear time; on my fair skin, it turns into a much darker berry colour, which is still beautiful, but is leagues away from a nude-y pink you see in the package.

After seeing my favourite beauty bloggers rave about this range and the amazing staying power so I decided to try.
I bought the shades Grand Cru, Plum Plum Girl and Don't pink of it on 3 for 2 at Superdrug.
I'm really disappointed.
Grand Cru is a beautiful dark red colour but the consistency is terrible and quite different from the other two. It's hard to explain but it doesn't apply evenly no matter what I try so I've never actually been able to wear it out!
Plum Plum Girl is gorgeous and looks so nice when it's newly on, but within a couple of hours it sits in the creases of my mouth.
Don't pink of it is not a good colour for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought two of those, in 03 and 04. 03 is a bright orange-y red and 04 is a deep coral. I adore these.
They apply very easily and if you make a mistake, you can smudge the product off with your fingers if you're not too slow about it. The texture is velvet-y smooth and does not dry out your lips. The colors are really versatile and it lasts AGES. If you eat, you will need to touch up but most of it will still be there, in my experience.
These are just really good, long lasting and non-drying lipstick products. If you are looking for something discreet or like a tinted balm, or a MLBB, there won't be much for you here. The Rouge Velvet Edition lipsticks are all about statement colours made even deeper by the matte finish. If you're wearing it, you're committing to it!

on 5/21/2014 8:46:00 AM

I have this in Pink Pong and I would highly recommend it. It applies really nicely, it's incredibly pigmented (in this case I believe only bold colours would do), it doesn't bleed, and has a really good staying power.

I would definitely repurchase, although I do find that it's a tad overpriced for a drugstore liquid lipstick.