Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.9

on 5/25/2018 7:16:00 PM

I like these liquid lipsticks, they are comfortable to wear and are fantastic for the price. I own about 6 of these by now, as Bourjois keeps releasing new shades and I can't quite stop myself from buying them. I have Chocopink, Don't Pink of It, Abricoquette, Peach Club, Cool Brown and Red-volution.

Pros
-Dry down to a semi-matte finish, looking velvety rather than parched and cracked
-Comfortable to wear, lips don't feel too dry when wearing
-Cheap, usually around £6-7 per lipstick
-Wide shade range - pinks, peaches, reds, browns, berry colours, lots of darker shades.
-Generally only need a single coat
-Cute packaging, lid is the colour of the lipstick and the tube is clear plastic, showing the colour of the lipstick inside, easy to tell when you're running out

Cons
-Not particularly resilient when eating/drinking - you will need to reapply at least on the inner parts of your lips
-Limited paler shades - no suitable nude colours for very fair skin tones
-Scented
-Some shades are a little patchy - had to throw out one called Honey Mood as it was so streaky

But for a cheap and pretty matte lipstick that's comfortable to wear, I'm pretty happy with them overall. I wouldn't wear one to a formal event but they are great for a cute daytime look.

I bought it in a whim because a) i don't own any coral red lipstick b) i decided i have the money for a drugstore lipstick. I put it on when my lips were properly prepped and dry af. I would definitely suggest doing so when you have exfoliated and soak your lips in moisture for the best results.

Other than that, the colour does last quite long. And even if it does lose its lustre, the faded lipstick looks like a stain which I find enjoyable.

Reapplication is ok. But if you're doing that won dry lips, be prepared you will need to wipe the excess off before applying a new layer.

on 9/21/2017 2:37:00 AM

This is my second lippie from Boujois but this is for the no. 16 Honey Mood with Matte Finish.

Unfortunately, I am not impressed with this one. The colour is too close to the rose souffle version that i bought from Bourjois. It is surprising because I was expecting honey mood to be more nude but this turns out pretty bright in my lips and too similar to vive rose.

The texture is also not as light as the souffle version. It is thicker and goes on thickly so you got to be careful with this one turning gloopy. The other issue is that if you put too much, it ends up making your lips look flakey. I guess you need to have a very very light hand on this one?

Save for the above issues, i really have no other comments for this tube that is any different from the souffle version that i bought.

I would much prefer the souffle version, so that is what i would stick with. I am also wary that all the colours would look the same, so well, got to choose the colours wisely. they may be more suitable for people with rather light coloured lips?

I own three shades: Happy Nude Year, Hot Pepper and Beau Brun. It's not a "typical" liquid lipstick- it doesn't dry completely, the finish is satin matte, quite similar to NYX SMLCs. The formula is thin, you can build up the opacity, they work well as cream blushes and lip tints. They're very long lasting. I don't like the chemical smell. It's not my favorite matte lip product but still, I reach for it quite often.

on 1/11/2017 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the shade "don't pink of it" and I really love the color. It looks beautiful with my fair skin, my kind of MLBB. I wanted to like this product but the drying formula and the lasting power really disappoint me. I always love Bourjois products, I do love the color, but this one doesn't work at all. If I can find the dupe color of this with better quality, even if it's way more expensive, I will buy it. Not repurchase this one.

on 1/5/2017 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh how I love this lipstick.

I bought the shade 11- So Hap'pink. I chose this particular shade because it looked so bright and vibrant, and I wanted a lipstick which made me stand out.

It's so easy to apply to the lips, it just glides on and stays in place for a good while. I generally only have to re-apply when I eat, but even then, it only barely fades or comes off.

However, I tend to find that the formula is quite drying, and I can't wear it for consecutive days as my lips end up dry and chapped. Thank god for my other lipsticks then :)

I would definitely buy from this range again, as it has good staying power and a great range of colours.

on 12/5/2016 8:11:00 AM

I purchase the shade 10 - Don't pink of it! which looks like a neutral light pink shade which would be most fair skinned ladies MLBB colour. Sadly the product did not meet my expectations and is now residing in my wastepaper basket. The lipcream packaging is lovely and even the wand was good for application however the cream itself is streaky, lacking in pigmentation and lasts <10min on my lips. Walk away from this particular product unless you've got money to burn :)

on 9/25/2016 12:01:00 AM

I own three colors of this collection I love the feel how it applies, so smooth and easy, and I love the all the shades, so pigmented and natural, but, but, it is not long lasting, this is the only point that disappointed me, except this, I love it a lot! I probably repurchase it again because I really love the shade range, my three shades are awsame! 10, don't pink of it (it is natural pink similar to my lip color) 07, nude-ist(one of my favourite, I think it is a dupe for armani 501,they look so similar and both in matte finish) 12, beau brun(belive me, it is a dupe for Estee Lauder pure color envy in 420 rebellious rose, but in matte finish,the EL is in a shine finish)

This is definitely my all time favourite beauty product. It has a high consistency and is very moisturising on the lips. I have it in #08 Nude-ist and I highly recommend it. The only problem is it takes a lot of scrubbing to remove it.

on 5/16/2016 11:42:00 PM

I was really excited to try this Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet. Bought one in the shade 11 So Happink in an online shop (didn't test it). After trying on, I must say I'm very disappointed with this product. It has a very bad chemical smell, the colour is not the same as the bottle packaging that is sort of roses mauve colour, instead it was red-pinkish very bright. It also made the surrounded of my lips very dry. I decided not to use it again after trying several times. I hope this only happened to me (maybe a bad batch or something) as I've read good reviews prior buying and also swatches that is shown in the internet for this colour doesn't reflect the same colour so beware if you're going for a pink rose mauve colour you might be dissapointed too. Overall I think you can purchase better quality lipsticks from other brand especially in Asia that they sell Bourjois in a "non-drugstore" price. I do like Bourjois' healthy mix serum foundation although the shade 53 appears a bit greyish on yellow toned skin such as mine. I hope this review helps!