Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is nice. I like Bourjois as a brand because the quality for the price is exceptional. The quality is equally as good as some high end brands (if not better!) This lipstick goes on light and feathery. It feels almost mousse-like. Not sticky or drying on application. It definitely has a different consistency to other lipsticks. The pigmentation is nice. Not too heavy, but not so sheer that you can't see it! Unlike some matte lipsticks, I feel this lipstick doesn't dry my lips out. It is matte so some dryness will occur, but nowhere near to the extent of some mattes where you feel your lips start to tighten and the formula crumbles! The colour I chose is "Velvet 10- Don't Pink of it" and it is beautiful. It's a nice shade of pink that isn't too pale nor too dark. It's very natural. I've worn it for a wedding, for work, for date night! It's a versatile shade. The staying power is nice. I have to reapply after eating or drinking, but it doesn't wear off too quickly. I haven't tried a bolder, darker colour in the range, so I can't comment on the staying power of those shades. I'm tempted to try this product in other shades though!

on 4/29/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The formula is super light but it is definitely not a good lip color for dry lips. After it dries out my lips crack like hell and basically the color become patchy. However if you prep your lips before hand to prevent this dryness the color would go on unevenly. I can only apply it on my "good lips" day. But I still love the color enough to properly prep my lips even a night before

on 4/19/2017 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I bought the Rouge Edition Velvet in the color 10 (Don't Pink of It), and I find the formula very good. Feels soft and feathery, I don't know how to describe it. I misplaced the first tube, so I went back to buy another even though it is rather costly (IIRC 25CAD). The color is very complimentary to pale skin tones with a neutral to yellow undertones (NC20 ish), it's more of a nude yet feminine rose color.

I would definitely recommend the lipstick line and this color as well.

I own three shades: Happy Nude Year, Hot Pepper and Beau Brun. It's not a "typical" liquid lipstick- it doesn't dry completely, the finish is satin matte, quite similar to NYX SMLCs. The formula is thin, you can build up the opacity, they work well as cream blushes and lip tints. They're very long lasting. I don't like the chemical smell. It's not my favorite matte lip product but still, I reach for it quite often.

on 1/11/2017 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the shade "don't pink of it" and I really love the color. It looks beautiful with my fair skin, my kind of MLBB. I wanted to like this product but the drying formula and the lasting power really disappoint me. I always love Bourjois products, I do love the color, but this one doesn't work at all. If I can find the dupe color of this with better quality, even if it's way more expensive, I will buy it. Not repurchase this one.

on 1/5/2017 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh how I love this lipstick.

I bought the shade 11- So Hap'pink. I chose this particular shade because it looked so bright and vibrant, and I wanted a lipstick which made me stand out.

It's so easy to apply to the lips, it just glides on and stays in place for a good while. I generally only have to re-apply when I eat, but even then, it only barely fades or comes off.

However, I tend to find that the formula is quite drying, and I can't wear it for consecutive days as my lips end up dry and chapped. Thank god for my other lipsticks then :)

I would definitely buy from this range again, as it has good staying power and a great range of colours.

on 12/5/2016 8:11:00 AM

I purchase the shade 10 - Don't pink of it! which looks like a neutral light pink shade which would be most fair skinned ladies MLBB colour. Sadly the product did not meet my expectations and is now residing in my wastepaper basket. The lipcream packaging is lovely and even the wand was good for application however the cream itself is streaky, lacking in pigmentation and lasts <10min on my lips. Walk away from this particular product unless you've got money to burn :)

on 12/1/2016 6:28:00 PM

This is so nice, glides on so smoothly and softly, doesn't feel drying, long lasting and so many pretty colours to choose from. I bought "don't pink of it" and "nude-ist" the other day and they look amazing together. Packaging is also really pretty and the brush itself is like every other liquid lipstick brush. I would buy this again (well I bought this twice)

I hate this. I wanted to try it for absolute ages, but have so many lip products I just couldn't justify it. However, when I got it as a gift when purchasing for 15 pounds bourjois products I got really excited to try it. The shade was 04, which is just not universally flattering (same shade for everyone in that gift.). It made my teeth look super yellow, and just did not look good. However the shade isn't my issue with this, as there are many others, it is the formula.
The product applied really streaky and needed several coats to actually cover the lips, and while it initially looked nice and smooth, after it dried down a bit it looked clumpy. To make matters worse it never dried completely and stayed tacky. it also wore off, even though I was only drinking out of a straw, and it looked flaky and settled in clumps in the lines of my lips.
Worst of all: I couldn't get the damn thing off haha.
so, for me, not a good product.

on 8/8/2016 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

AH-MA-ZING! I simply ADORE this lipstick.
I got burned with Velvetines, as they are so difficult to work and they are sticky as hell. So, I immediately left behind me the liquids trend. But I've been looking at these Bourjois' babies for quite a while now but, do to my previous delusion, I wasn't really crazy for the price (12 euros in Italy, can be found only online) and I wasn't really willing to pay for a random try. I've never been disappointed by a Bourjois product and I declare it my favourite brand, it's so classy, effective and reliable, and really provides products for any occasion and need. So, when I've seen it on a sale, I immediately got it because I needed to know!
So, I got the shade Frambourjoise, which wouldn't have been my first choice but it was the only shade on sale (5,50 euros, fair enough for just a try) and would have been a good beginning to see if the others were worth the price. They definitely are!
Frambourjoise is literally strawberry colour. A bright red with a strong pink undertone. It looks intimidating on the packaging as it seems more on the fuchsia side but it's not. I don't feel the love for bright reds but this one looks so classy and on point.
The packaging is very elegant and the wand is very hard, so it's difficult to be imprecise when you apply it. For example, I always hated Velvetines' wand, maybe it was just me or a bad batch but they weren't stable enough and they dried so fast that if I did any mistake I was doomed! In this case, they took a good 3-5 minutes to dry, but it doesn't look *that* bad dry, it's very homogeneous and, most important thing, not sticky AT ALL! Lips become matte and flawless and I've noticed no cracks at all (of course you need to be hydrated and balmed, and clearly apply it on dry lips otherwise the formula will run away if you just applied chapstick). Simply amazing.
It doesn't last throught meals, but does last through drinks. For example, today I had lunch with plenty of greasy food and it made a slight lighter effect in the mouth centre, which doesn't look pretty as you know. But then I had some beers drank from the bottle and it stood without problems. It's almost no transfer. If you don't do anything, it's pretty much long lasting (5-6 hours)
Frambourjois is so cute that my friend's fiancée asked me what it was and immediately ordered it on amazon from her cellphone. She is everything but a make up junkie, so it really made a good impression.
Anyway, I didn't give it 5 lippies as I hate the darker edges problem. Nothing too noticeable, but makes me feel unconfortable and would suggest to not wear it at meals.
Can't wait to put my paws on the other shades!

UPDATE! Brought it with me on holidays, so it has been heavily tested in 1) greasy, eternal meals 2) sea, bathing and swimming 3) rivers of booze. I'm so impressed and in love! It worked lovely as a stain as well, and survived all the challenges.

Popular Lipsticks