Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.8

on 12/5/2016 8:11:00 AM

I purchase the shade 10 - Don't pink of it! which looks like a neutral light pink shade which would be most fair skinned ladies MLBB colour. Sadly the product did not meet my expectations and is now residing in my wastepaper basket. The lipcream packaging is lovely and even the wand was good for application however the cream itself is streaky, lacking in pigmentation and lasts <10min on my lips. Walk away from this particular product unless you've got money to burn :)

I hate this. I wanted to try it for absolute ages, but have so many lip products I just couldn't justify it. However, when I got it as a gift when purchasing for 15 pounds bourjois products I got really excited to try it. The shade was 04, which is just not universally flattering (same shade for everyone in that gift.). It made my teeth look super yellow, and just did not look good. However the shade isn't my issue with this, as there are many others, it is the formula.
The product applied really streaky and needed several coats to actually cover the lips, and while it initially looked nice and smooth, after it dried down a bit it looked clumpy. To make matters worse it never dried completely and stayed tacky. it also wore off, even though I was only drinking out of a straw, and it looked flaky and settled in clumps in the lines of my lips.
Worst of all: I couldn't get the damn thing off haha.
so, for me, not a good product.

on 1/12/2015 3:20:00 AM

I bought this in a light fuchsia color called Ping Pong. I couldn`t wait to go home and try it, and once I opened the tube I almost passed out, I felt so nauseated. While the color looked pretty, the smell of vinyl?, fresh paint?, something rotten?, just punched me in the nose, and I really don`t have such a good sense of smell. It was so gross I couldn`t even bring myself to apply it to my lips, straight into the trash bin it flew. I would have returned it right away, but unfortunately I`d purchased it at a Sephora in Budapest and now I was on my way to Helsinki. Could it have been a defective product? I guess I`ll never know, but the experience has been bad enough to put me off this Bourjois range.

on 1/11/2017 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the shade "don't pink of it" and I really love the color. It looks beautiful with my fair skin, my kind of MLBB. I wanted to like this product but the drying formula and the lasting power really disappoint me. I always love Bourjois products, I do love the color, but this one doesn't work at all. If I can find the dupe color of this with better quality, even if it's way more expensive, I will buy it. Not repurchase this one.

on 10/7/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I don't understand the rave about this lipstick,
I tried out two red colours from the line. Nice colour but the staying power was not impressive at all. I read all the reviews raving about the awesome staying power, yeah well, give it an hour and it has disappeared.
Then the smell, like some chemical plastic smell. It was awful.
The application with the doe-applicator was nice, but the colour was patchy.
The formula I liked, it was a bit watery but soft on my lips.
So one lippie for the colour and one lippie for the application and formula.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in 10 Don't Pink Of It!

I love the colour, the formula feels lightweight and silky on my lips. It lasts reasonably well.

BUT....it dries my lips out so badly, after 3-4 hours they are so arid they itch and only the thickest salve with sort them.

So unfortunately, although this is the perfect look and colour for me, unless I only plan on wearing it for an hour it's not worth it.

I have in 08 Grand Cru , I love the colour and it dose feel like velvet on my lips, the only problem I have is applying it, I have to do it in small dots to get the colour because if I apply like normal lipstick, my lips turn a pinky sheer colour that is horrid. It's a good product but I don't recommend it for beginners in makeup x

It does feel like velvet on your lips. I bought the colour grand cru. It's a really deep dark red, and I was really disappointed because it goes on and looks incredibly grainy and weird when you swipe it on your lips. I tried exfoliating my lips and moisturising them and put it on again, exact same result. I honestly think I must have got a bad batch because everyone's reviews are so good. Luckily I got another shade which I can't remember the name of but it doesn't have the same grainy weird look, and it dries matte and looks really nice. I don't know much about longetivity because I haven't worn it out often but I did once and it was basically all gone when I got home but I was wiping my mouth a lot ha ha

on 5/25/2018 7:16:00 PM

I like these liquid lipsticks, they are comfortable to wear and are fantastic for the price. I own about 6 of these by now, as Bourjois keeps releasing new shades and I can't quite stop myself from buying them. I have Chocopink, Don't Pink of It, Abricoquette, Peach Club, Cool Brown and Red-volution.

Pros
-Dry down to a semi-matte finish, looking velvety rather than parched and cracked
-Comfortable to wear, lips don't feel too dry when wearing
-Cheap, usually around £6-7 per lipstick
-Wide shade range - pinks, peaches, reds, browns, berry colours, lots of darker shades.
-Generally only need a single coat
-Cute packaging, lid is the colour of the lipstick and the tube is clear plastic, showing the colour of the lipstick inside, easy to tell when you're running out

Cons
-Not particularly resilient when eating/drinking - you will need to reapply at least on the inner parts of your lips
-Limited paler shades - no suitable nude colours for very fair skin tones
-Scented
-Some shades are a little patchy - had to throw out one called Honey Mood as it was so streaky

But for a cheap and pretty matte lipstick that's comfortable to wear, I'm pretty happy with them overall. I wouldn't wear one to a formal event but they are great for a cute daytime look.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is nice. I like Bourjois as a brand because the quality for the price is exceptional. The quality is equally as good as some high end brands (if not better!)

This lipstick goes on light and feathery. It feels almost mousse-like. Not sticky or drying on application. It definitely has a different consistency to other lipsticks. The pigmentation is nice. Not too heavy, but not so sheer that you can't see it!

Unlike some matte lipsticks, I feel this lipstick doesn't dry my lips out. It is matte so some dryness will occur, but nowhere near to the extent of some mattes where you feel your lips start to tighten and the formula crumbles!

The colour I chose is "Velvet 10- Don't Pink of it" and it is beautiful. It's a nice shade of pink that isn't too pale nor too dark. It's very natural. I've worn it for a wedding, for work, for date night! It's a versatile shade.
The staying power is nice. I have to reapply after eating or drinking, but it doesn't wear off too quickly. I haven't tried a bolder, darker colour in the range, so I can't comment on the staying power of those shades. I'm tempted to try this product in other shades though!

As mentioned in some other reviews of this product, it does have a weird smell. I can't quite place what it smells of. It isn't an artificial sweet smell or anything like that like some lip products have. To me the smell isn't off putting, but it is noticeable.