Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.9

on 12/5/2016 8:11:00 AM

I purchase the shade 10 - Don't pink of it! which looks like a neutral light pink shade which would be most fair skinned ladies MLBB colour. Sadly the product did not meet my expectations and is now residing in my wastepaper basket. The lipcream packaging is lovely and even the wand was good for application however the cream itself is streaky, lacking in pigmentation and lasts <10min on my lips. Walk away from this particular product unless you've got money to burn :)

I hate this. I wanted to try it for absolute ages, but have so many lip products I just couldn't justify it. However, when I got it as a gift when purchasing for 15 pounds bourjois products I got really excited to try it. The shade was 04, which is just not universally flattering (same shade for everyone in that gift.). It made my teeth look super yellow, and just did not look good. However the shade isn't my issue with this, as there are many others, it is the formula.
The product applied really streaky and needed several coats to actually cover the lips, and while it initially looked nice and smooth, after it dried down a bit it looked clumpy. To make matters worse it never dried completely and stayed tacky. it also wore off, even though I was only drinking out of a straw, and it looked flaky and settled in clumps in the lines of my lips.
Worst of all: I couldn't get the damn thing off haha.
so, for me, not a good product.

on 5/16/2016 11:42:00 PM

I was really excited to try this Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet. Bought one in the shade 11 So Happink in an online shop (didn't test it). After trying on, I must say I'm very disappointed with this product. It has a very bad chemical smell, the colour is not the same as the bottle packaging that is sort of roses mauve colour, instead it was red-pinkish very bright. It also made the surrounded of my lips very dry. I decided not to use it again after trying several times. I hope this only happened to me (maybe a bad batch or something) as I've read good reviews prior buying and also swatches that is shown in the internet for this colour doesn't reflect the same colour so beware if you're going for a pink rose mauve colour you might be dissapointed too. Overall I think you can purchase better quality lipsticks from other brand especially in Asia that they sell Bourjois in a "non-drugstore" price. I do like Bourjois' healthy mix serum foundation although the shade 53 appears a bit greyish on yellow toned skin such as mine. I hope this review helps!

on 1/12/2015 3:20:00 AM

I bought this in a light fuchsia color called Ping Pong. I couldn`t wait to go home and try it, and once I opened the tube I almost passed out, I felt so nauseated. While the color looked pretty, the smell of vinyl?, fresh paint?, something rotten?, just punched me in the nose, and I really don`t have such a good sense of smell. It was so gross I couldn`t even bring myself to apply it to my lips, straight into the trash bin it flew. I would have returned it right away, but unfortunately I`d purchased it at a Sephora in Budapest and now I was on my way to Helsinki. Could it have been a defective product? I guess I`ll never know, but the experience has been bad enough to put me off this Bourjois range.

on 1/11/2017 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the shade "don't pink of it" and I really love the color. It looks beautiful with my fair skin, my kind of MLBB. I wanted to like this product but the drying formula and the lasting power really disappoint me. I always love Bourjois products, I do love the color, but this one doesn't work at all. If I can find the dupe color of this with better quality, even if it's way more expensive, I will buy it. Not repurchase this one.

on 12/4/2016 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Maybe I got a dud but... Streaky application, funny smell, exaggerates any dry areas and bleeds. The only good thing is the smooth light feeling, hence the 2 stars instead of 1.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in shade Frambourjoise and I don't think I'm going to repurchase this. It has a very chemical scent and not even a nice chemical scent like Colourpop Lippie Stix, the scent is so annoying. It dries down matte but transfer REALLY easily if you eat/drink something even if it's very light, and god, don't get me started with the formula. It dries your lips like Sahara desert and makes your lips flaky as hell after just 2-3 hours of application. Even worse is that you can't apply lipbalm to moisturize your flaky lips because the color will be gone.

The nice side of this product is the packaging and applicator, the spongy applicator makes application smooth and the color payoff is also nice, to be honest Also if you do not eat/drink/kiss anything/anyone at all this product can stay for a pretty long while. But this product is not for me. Too bad since the color flatters my NC42 skintone.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this in two colours of this matte lipstick at Shoppers as a pricier than normal gift for myself ($25 Canadian); I could buy a few other brands for much less that I find are better quality
It feels greasy on my lips, easily smeared, and the pigment seems almost inconsistent across my lips. The colour would be great if it actually stayed on smooth.
It also has a strong chemical-like odour, making me not want to wear it at all.
In the bottle, it looks absolutely perfect. But I just do not like it on my face.
08 Grand Cru Matte Finish feels very poor quality; 07 Nude-ist Matte isn't so bad, so I'm wondering if I just got a bad batch.
Regardless, it was not worth $25 and I would not purchase again.

After seeing my favourite beauty bloggers rave about this range and the amazing staying power so I decided to try.
I bought the shades Grand Cru, Plum Plum Girl and Don't pink of it on 3 for 2 at Superdrug.
I'm really disappointed.
Grand Cru is a beautiful dark red colour but the consistency is terrible and quite different from the other two. It's hard to explain but it doesn't apply evenly no matter what I try so I've never actually been able to wear it out!
Plum Plum Girl is gorgeous and looks so nice when it's newly on, but within a couple of hours it sits in the creases of my mouth.
Don't pink of it is not a good colour for me.

on 10/7/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I don't understand the rave about this lipstick,
I tried out two red colours from the line. Nice colour but the staying power was not impressive at all. I read all the reviews raving about the awesome staying power, yeah well, give it an hour and it has disappeared.
Then the smell, like some chemical plastic smell. It was awful.
The application with the doe-applicator was nice, but the colour was patchy.
The formula I liked, it was a bit watery but soft on my lips.
So one lippie for the colour and one lippie for the application and formula.

Popular Lipsticks