Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.8

on 5/14/2014 9:25:00 AM

I'm usually not a big fan of lipcolors, be they glosses or sticks. They feel weird and heavy, make my lips either greasy or dry, they tend to crack and they stain anything and anyone they come into contact with
These velvet lipstains however, are truely gorgeous. They have a lovely matte finnish and beautiful deep colors. I can drink a glass of water immediately after putting them on and biting off and NOTHING will show on the glass. The color doesn't stain, doesn't bleed and stays for a long long time.
And the best thing is that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing lipstick!
The only downside is indeed the range of shades, but I'll hope they will add more shades soon. I have the one in Peach Club, and although it isn't peach AT ALL, I do like the shade. I think I might get another one in Hot Pepper.
I do recommend!

on 5/18/2014 11:54:00 AM

Fantastic staying power like I've never had. Nature of the beast means you do need to balm after a few hours but to get to that point you've done well! I love them and have it in 4 colours

on 6/18/2014 2:43:00 AM

I really love this lipstick. I'm a bit of a lipstick junkie- I'm always looking for the perfect product that has staying power, doesn't dry the lips too much (a little is to be expected) and gives a nice matte finish, rather than a cakey, or shiny 'layer'. I find that most of my favourite lipsticks fail in one of these categories. This lipstick is amazing- especially considering the price. The colour is nice and strong, easy to apply and lasts forever. The finish looks like a beautiful tinted lip. I highly recommend it.

Purchased this on the weekend and it's wonderful. Got the very dark red and it's a prefect vintage colour. Shea butter makes the lips feel smooth and not drying. Stays on.

Best red lip product I have ever used!

I'm not lying when I say I put this on at around 8/9pm before a night out and it is still just as bright and neat on my lips when I wake up as it was when I applied it!

This stuff survives dinners, drinks and lots of pouting!

My only reservation is that these are matte finish and I jumped off the matte band wagon a while, although I've still rated these a 5 as I've applied a clear gloss over the top and it has lasted just as well as it does without a gloss!

Oh, and I have a the bright red shade, I can't remember the number!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought two of those, in 03 and 04. 03 is a bright orange-y red and 04 is a deep coral. I adore these.
They apply very easily and if you make a mistake, you can smudge the product off with your fingers if you're not too slow about it. The texture is velvet-y smooth and does not dry out your lips. The colors are really versatile and it lasts AGES. If you eat, you will need to touch up but most of it will still be there, in my experience.
These are just really good, long lasting and non-drying lipstick products. If you are looking for something discreet or like a tinted balm, or a MLBB, there won't be much for you here. The Rouge Velvet Edition lipsticks are all about statement colours made even deeper by the matte finish. If you're wearing it, you're committing to it!

It does feel like velvet on your lips. I bought the colour grand cru. It's a really deep dark red, and I was really disappointed because it goes on and looks incredibly grainy and weird when you swipe it on your lips. I tried exfoliating my lips and moisturising them and put it on again, exact same result. I honestly think I must have got a bad batch because everyone's reviews are so good. Luckily I got another shade which I can't remember the name of but it doesn't have the same grainy weird look, and it dries matte and looks really nice. I don't know much about longetivity because I haven't worn it out often but I did once and it was basically all gone when I got home but I was wiping my mouth a lot ha ha

I have in 08 Grand Cru , I love the colour and it dose feel like velvet on my lips, the only problem I have is applying it, I have to do it in small dots to get the colour because if I apply like normal lipstick, my lips turn a pinky sheer colour that is horrid. It's a good product but I don't recommend it for beginners in makeup x

on 1/12/2015 3:20:00 AM

I bought this in a light fuchsia color called Ping Pong. I couldn`t wait to go home and try it, and once I opened the tube I almost passed out, I felt so nauseated. While the color looked pretty, the smell of vinyl?, fresh paint?, something rotten?, just punched me in the nose, and I really don`t have such a good sense of smell. It was so gross I couldn`t even bring myself to apply it to my lips, straight into the trash bin it flew. I would have returned it right away, but unfortunately I`d purchased it at a Sephora in Budapest and now I was on my way to Helsinki. Could it have been a defective product? I guess I`ll never know, but the experience has been bad enough to put me off this Bourjois range.

I bought the shade "nude". At first when i applied it, it looked super bright and i thought oh no this is not for me, but after a few wears it really grew on me.
It does have a horrible chemical fragrance which is quite offputting. Plus the applicator has a tendancy to put too much product on and you end up having to wipe the excess off at the side of the tube, or take it off your lips.
But wow, the matte shades are super sexy and glamourous! And they last for ages and ages. I put mine on at 8 am and by 4, it had faded to a natural looking stain, still traceable and lovely looking. It feels light too, and velvety, not at all drying.
A very nice product indeed. It makes me feel good when i wear it.
( just a tip though- if you like intense, matte colours on your lips also try rimmel' s intense colour lipliner- doesnt last as long as Bourjois but the same intense effect at half the price -4)