Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.9

I own three shades: Happy Nude Year, Hot Pepper and Beau Brun. It's not a "typical" liquid lipstick- it doesn't dry completely, the finish is satin matte, quite similar to NYX SMLCs. The formula is thin, you can build up the opacity, they work well as cream blushes and lip tints. They're very long lasting. I don't like the chemical smell. It's not my favorite matte lip product but still, I reach for it quite often.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'll be quick... This is just perfection. Choosing a fourth colour. I only wish they had more colours.

Easy to apply. Dries quickly, and you are safe for the night. You dont need preparation for this lipstick, its super longlasting. They are at first expensive next to for example nyx soft matte cream. I love nyx as well but bourjois last 5x longer and stays on all night.

The packaging is also super cute, loving it!!! 😍😍

on 1/11/2017 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the shade "don't pink of it" and I really love the color. It looks beautiful with my fair skin, my kind of MLBB. I wanted to like this product but the drying formula and the lasting power really disappoint me. I always love Bourjois products, I do love the color, but this one doesn't work at all. If I can find the dupe color of this with better quality, even if it's way more expensive, I will buy it. Not repurchase this one.

on 1/5/2017 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh how I love this lipstick.

I bought the shade 11- So Hap'pink. I chose this particular shade because it looked so bright and vibrant, and I wanted a lipstick which made me stand out.

It's so easy to apply to the lips, it just glides on and stays in place for a good while. I generally only have to re-apply when I eat, but even then, it only barely fades or comes off.

However, I tend to find that the formula is quite drying, and I can't wear it for consecutive days as my lips end up dry and chapped. Thank god for my other lipsticks then :)

I would definitely buy from this range again, as it has good staying power and a great range of colours.

on 12/5/2016 8:11:00 AM

I purchase the shade 10 - Don't pink of it! which looks like a neutral light pink shade which would be most fair skinned ladies MLBB colour. Sadly the product did not meet my expectations and is now residing in my wastepaper basket. The lipcream packaging is lovely and even the wand was good for application however the cream itself is streaky, lacking in pigmentation and lasts <10min on my lips. Walk away from this particular product unless you've got money to burn :)

on 12/4/2016 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Maybe I got a dud but... Streaky application, funny smell, exaggerates any dry areas and bleeds. The only good thing is the smooth light feeling, hence the 2 stars instead of 1.

on 12/1/2016 6:28:00 PM

This is so nice, glides on so smoothly and softly, doesn't feel drying, long lasting and so many pretty colours to choose from. I bought "don't pink of it" and "nude-ist" the other day and they look amazing together. Packaging is also really pretty and the brush itself is like every other liquid lipstick brush. I would buy this again (well I bought this twice)

I hate this. I wanted to try it for absolute ages, but have so many lip products I just couldn't justify it. However, when I got it as a gift when purchasing for 15 pounds bourjois products I got really excited to try it. The shade was 04, which is just not universally flattering (same shade for everyone in that gift.). It made my teeth look super yellow, and just did not look good. However the shade isn't my issue with this, as there are many others, it is the formula.
The product applied really streaky and needed several coats to actually cover the lips, and while it initially looked nice and smooth, after it dried down a bit it looked clumpy. To make matters worse it never dried completely and stayed tacky. it also wore off, even though I was only drinking out of a straw, and it looked flaky and settled in clumps in the lines of my lips.
Worst of all: I couldn't get the damn thing off haha.
so, for me, not a good product.

on 10/16/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! Glides easily, doesnt dry out, color looks amazing, might be a bit pricy but ive been using this for more than 3 months now and i still have yet to run out of it. Only thing is it might not stay after a few drinks but other than that, i love these velvet products

on 9/25/2016 12:01:00 AM

I own three colors of this collection I love the feel how it applies, so smooth and easy, and I love the all the shades, so pigmented and natural, but, but, it is not long lasting, this is the only point that disappointed me, except this, I love it a lot! I probably repurchase it again because I really love the shade range, my three shades are awsame! 10, don't pink of it (it is natural pink similar to my lip color) 07, nude-ist(one of my favourite, I think it is a dupe for armani 501,they look so similar and both in matte finish) 12, beau brun(belive me, it is a dupe for Estee Lauder pure color envy in 420 rebellious rose, but in matte finish,the EL is in a shine finish)

Popular Lipsticks