Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.9

I bought it in a whim because a) i don't own any coral red lipstick b) i decided i have the money for a drugstore lipstick. I put it on when my lips were properly prepped and dry af. I would definitely suggest doing so when you have exfoliated and soak your lips in moisture for the best results.

Other than that, the colour does last quite long. And even if it does lose its lustre, the faded lipstick looks like a stain which I find enjoyable.

Reapplication is ok. But if you're doing that won dry lips, be prepared you will need to wipe the excess off before applying a new layer.

on 9/21/2017 2:37:00 AM

This is my second lippie from Boujois but this is for the no. 16 Honey Mood with Matte Finish.

Unfortunately, I am not impressed with this one. The colour is too close to the rose souffle version that i bought from Bourjois. It is surprising because I was expecting honey mood to be more nude but this turns out pretty bright in my lips and too similar to vive rose.

The texture is also not as light as the souffle version. It is thicker and goes on thickly so you got to be careful with this one turning gloopy. The other issue is that if you put too much, it ends up making your lips look flakey. I guess you need to have a very very light hand on this one?

Save for the above issues, i really have no other comments for this tube that is any different from the souffle version that i bought.

I would much prefer the souffle version, so that is what i would stick with. I am also wary that all the colours would look the same, so well, got to choose the colours wisely. they may be more suitable for people with rather light coloured lips?

I own three shades: Happy Nude Year, Hot Pepper and Beau Brun. It's not a "typical" liquid lipstick- it doesn't dry completely, the finish is satin matte, quite similar to NYX SMLCs. The formula is thin, you can build up the opacity, they work well as cream blushes and lip tints. They're very long lasting. I don't like the chemical smell. It's not my favorite matte lip product but still, I reach for it quite often.

on 4/19/2017 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I bought the Rouge Edition Velvet in the color 10 (Don't Pink of It), and I find the formula very good. Feels soft and feathery, I don't know how to describe it. I misplaced the first tube, so I went back to buy another even though it is rather costly (IIRC 25CAD). The color is very complimentary to pale skin tones with a neutral to yellow undertones (NC20 ish), it's more of a nude yet feminine rose color.

I would definitely recommend the lipstick line and this color as well.

on 4/29/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The formula is super light but it is definitely not a good lip color for dry lips. After it dries out my lips crack like hell and basically the color become patchy. However if you prep your lips before hand to prevent this dryness the color would go on unevenly. I can only apply it on my "good lips" day. But I still love the color enough to properly prep my lips even a night before

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'll be quick... This is just perfection. Choosing a fourth colour. I only wish they had more colours.

Easy to apply. Dries quickly, and you are safe for the night. You dont need preparation for this lipstick, its super longlasting. They are at first expensive next to for example nyx soft matte cream. I love nyx as well but bourjois last 5x longer and stays on all night.

The packaging is also super cute, loving it!!! 😍😍

on 12/4/2016 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Maybe I got a dud but... Streaky application, funny smell, exaggerates any dry areas and bleeds. The only good thing is the smooth light feeling, hence the 2 stars instead of 1.

on 12/5/2016 8:11:00 AM

I purchase the shade 10 - Don't pink of it! which looks like a neutral light pink shade which would be most fair skinned ladies MLBB colour. Sadly the product did not meet my expectations and is now residing in my wastepaper basket. The lipcream packaging is lovely and even the wand was good for application however the cream itself is streaky, lacking in pigmentation and lasts <10min on my lips. Walk away from this particular product unless you've got money to burn :)

on 1/11/2017 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the shade "don't pink of it" and I really love the color. It looks beautiful with my fair skin, my kind of MLBB. I wanted to like this product but the drying formula and the lasting power really disappoint me. I always love Bourjois products, I do love the color, but this one doesn't work at all. If I can find the dupe color of this with better quality, even if it's way more expensive, I will buy it. Not repurchase this one.

on 1/5/2017 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh how I love this lipstick.

I bought the shade 11- So Hap'pink. I chose this particular shade because it looked so bright and vibrant, and I wanted a lipstick which made me stand out.

It's so easy to apply to the lips, it just glides on and stays in place for a good while. I generally only have to re-apply when I eat, but even then, it only barely fades or comes off.

However, I tend to find that the formula is quite drying, and I can't wear it for consecutive days as my lips end up dry and chapped. Thank god for my other lipsticks then :)

I would definitely buy from this range again, as it has good staying power and a great range of colours.