Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by age: 44-55
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.3

on 10/7/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although the color (shade no 10) is almost a perfect everyday color, the product itself is not very good. It smells and tastes funny and it has some kind of stickiness. The staying power is average.

on 3/20/2015 2:39:00 PM

I find this very drying. It looks good for about two minutes then it seems to shrivel up and separate on my lips, turning from a plush velvet finish to a patchy mess. It's tolerable with balm on top but then it's not velvet or matte. I do have dry lips though so
YMMV. On the plus side it's easy to apply.
I prefer laura mercier lip paint though it's nearly x3 the price.
EDIT: shade 07, a pink nude makes for a nice matte but not dry-looking cream blusher. You only need a spot. It blends well, but work fast!
10, an orange red also works as blush but a little harder to blend. Do not use too much, once it's on there is no going back.
Finish as a blush is very natural but still "there".
So, Iíve gone from 2 stars to 3 because at least now I see myself using these.

After reading a favorable review, I purchased this at the local Shoppers Drug Mart. It's a drugstore brand with a boutique price tag of $23 CAD.
Color pay off is intense. It applies as a liquid with a slight sheen but dries down to a velvet matte in seconds.
If you color outside your lipline you can easily wipe the excess away. The trick is to apply a light layer, not to much so it can dry quicker and evenly.
I apply in the morning before I go to work and at the end of the day, after eating and drinking my lips are still stained a nice shade, that has faded to be sure, but has faded so it looks natural.
I have it in 04 Peach Club, which is a unique color. Too bad this only comes in 6 shades- most of them red.