Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 36-43
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

2.8

on 12/5/2016 8:11:00 AM

I purchase the shade 10 - Don't pink of it! which looks like a neutral light pink shade which would be most fair skinned ladies MLBB colour. Sadly the product did not meet my expectations and is now residing in my wastepaper basket. The lipcream packaging is lovely and even the wand was good for application however the cream itself is streaky, lacking in pigmentation and lasts <10min on my lips. Walk away from this particular product unless you've got money to burn :)

I bought the shade "nude". At first when i applied it, it looked super bright and i thought oh no this is not for me, but after a few wears it really grew on me.
It does have a horrible chemical fragrance which is quite offputting. Plus the applicator has a tendancy to put too much product on and you end up having to wipe the excess off at the side of the tube, or take it off your lips.
But wow, the matte shades are super sexy and glamourous! And they last for ages and ages. I put mine on at 8 am and by 4, it had faded to a natural looking stain, still traceable and lovely looking. It feels light too, and velvety, not at all drying.
A very nice product indeed. It makes me feel good when i wear it.
( just a tip though- if you like intense, matte colours on your lips also try rimmel' s intense colour lipliner- doesnt last as long as Bourjois but the same intense effect at half the price -4)

on 1/12/2015 3:20:00 AM

I bought this in a light fuchsia color called Ping Pong. I couldn`t wait to go home and try it, and once I opened the tube I almost passed out, I felt so nauseated. While the color looked pretty, the smell of vinyl?, fresh paint?, something rotten?, just punched me in the nose, and I really don`t have such a good sense of smell. It was so gross I couldn`t even bring myself to apply it to my lips, straight into the trash bin it flew. I would have returned it right away, but unfortunately I`d purchased it at a Sephora in Budapest and now I was on my way to Helsinki. Could it have been a defective product? I guess I`ll never know, but the experience has been bad enough to put me off this Bourjois range.

Purchased this on the weekend and it's wonderful. Got the very dark red and it's a prefect vintage colour. Shea butter makes the lips feel smooth and not drying. Stays on.