Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by age: 36-43
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.4

on 12/5/2016 8:11:00 AM

I purchase the shade 10 - Don't pink of it! which looks like a neutral light pink shade which would be most fair skinned ladies MLBB colour. Sadly the product did not meet my expectations and is now residing in my wastepaper basket. The lipcream packaging is lovely and even the wand was good for application however the cream itself is streaky, lacking in pigmentation and lasts <10min on my lips. Walk away from this particular product unless you've got money to burn :)

on 12/4/2016 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Maybe I got a dud but... Streaky application, funny smell, exaggerates any dry areas and bleeds. The only good thing is the smooth light feeling, hence the 2 stars instead of 1.

I bought the shade "nude". At first when i applied it, it looked super bright and i thought oh no this is not for me, but after a few wears it really grew on me.
It does have a horrible chemical fragrance which is quite offputting. Plus the applicator has a tendancy to put too much product on and you end up having to wipe the excess off at the side of the tube, or take it off your lips.
But wow, the matte shades are super sexy and glamourous! And they last for ages and ages. I put mine on at 8 am and by 4, it had faded to a natural looking stain, still traceable and lovely looking. It feels light too, and velvety, not at all drying.
A very nice product indeed. It makes me feel good when i wear it.
( just a tip though- if you like intense, matte colours on your lips also try rimmel' s intense colour lipliner- doesnt last as long as Bourjois but the same intense effect at half the price -4)

on 2/14/2015 1:42:00 PM

Gorgeous, aptly named, velvety texture. Stays put forever, and it's less drying than other long stay formulas. It dries matte and beautiful. Shades are interesting and wearable, I have nude-ist and franbourjois, but the range is very small, they should put a few more, perhaps softer shades out there.

on 1/12/2015 3:20:00 AM

I bought this in a light fuchsia color called Ping Pong. I couldn`t wait to go home and try it, and once I opened the tube I almost passed out, I felt so nauseated. While the color looked pretty, the smell of vinyl?, fresh paint?, something rotten?, just punched me in the nose, and I really don`t have such a good sense of smell. It was so gross I couldn`t even bring myself to apply it to my lips, straight into the trash bin it flew. I would have returned it right away, but unfortunately I`d purchased it at a Sephora in Budapest and now I was on my way to Helsinki. Could it have been a defective product? I guess I`ll never know, but the experience has been bad enough to put me off this Bourjois range.

on 1/3/2015 10:10:00 PM

Ping Pong (bright bluet pink) is the one I bought for summer. It looks amazing and when I wear it I constantly get asked about it. I wear it 2 ways. 1- thick lip liner then colour in the middle and blend it in. Great day time look. 2- double the layer and it's potent day or night. Lip balm is a must and the colour is as in the bottle. Lasts up 4-10 hours depending on the look you go for. Plus texture is lovely 😊

on 11/16/2014 3:30:00 AM

This is a liquid lipstick. It applies glossy but dries up to a matte finish. I purchased No 01 Personne ne rouge, a red hue with bluish undertone. Its a beautiful deep crimson red.

It did not last on me after meals and feels just like any ordinary matte lipstick. i had to re-apply. I didnt like the smell, like turpentine/thinner or something but it wears off. It doesnt feather for a matte lipstick which i find amazing considering it's a drug store brand!

I bought this in a 'Kiss and Wish" contest at a mall where you kiss a card with the purchased lipstick, write your wish and hang it on a xmas tree and there's a lucky draw in mid December. It was on discount plus the sales person gave me a lip make- over and some skincare samples, so no complaints there.

The color on the tube denotes the color inside. The lip gloss tube packaging and doe- foot applicator is typical for all liquid lipstick, which is the fad nowadays. Nothing fancy.

The pricing is ok for a drug store brand. I wouldnt re- purchase tho'. It was a spur of the moment feel-good splurge plus i hope to be the winner of the lucky draw contest and get my wish on the card, come true. Hehe!!

I would recommend this if ur on a budget.

Purchased this on the weekend and it's wonderful. Got the very dark red and it's a prefect vintage colour. Shea butter makes the lips feel smooth and not drying. Stays on.

Popular Lipsticks