Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by age: 25-29
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

4.1

I own three shades: Happy Nude Year, Hot Pepper and Beau Brun. It's not a "typical" liquid lipstick- it doesn't dry completely, the finish is satin matte, quite similar to NYX SMLCs. The formula is thin, you can build up the opacity, they work well as cream blushes and lip tints. They're very long lasting. I don't like the chemical smell. It's not my favorite matte lip product but still, I reach for it quite often.

on 1/11/2017 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the shade "don't pink of it" and I really love the color. It looks beautiful with my fair skin, my kind of MLBB. I wanted to like this product but the drying formula and the lasting power really disappoint me. I always love Bourjois products, I do love the color, but this one doesn't work at all. If I can find the dupe color of this with better quality, even if it's way more expensive, I will buy it. Not repurchase this one.

on 10/16/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! Glides easily, doesnt dry out, color looks amazing, might be a bit pricy but ive been using this for more than 3 months now and i still have yet to run out of it. Only thing is it might not stay after a few drinks but other than that, i love these velvet products

on 9/25/2016 12:01:00 AM

I own three colors of this collection I love the feel how it applies, so smooth and easy, and I love the all the shades, so pigmented and natural, but, but, it is not long lasting, this is the only point that disappointed me, except this, I love it a lot! I probably repurchase it again because I really love the shade range, my three shades are awsame! 10, don't pink of it (it is natural pink similar to my lip color) 07, nude-ist(one of my favourite, I think it is a dupe for armani 501,they look so similar and both in matte finish) 12, beau brun(belive me, it is a dupe for Estee Lauder pure color envy in 420 rebellious rose, but in matte finish,the EL is in a shine finish)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great formula. My only issue is that the nude colour turns to a berry colour on my lips. I will buy again in a different colour.

on 8/8/2016 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

AH-MA-ZING! I simply ADORE this lipstick.
I got burned with Velvetines, as they are so difficult to work and they are sticky as hell. So, I immediately left behind me the liquids trend. But I've been looking at these Bourjois' babies for quite a while now but, do to my previous delusion, I wasn't really crazy for the price (12 euros in Italy, can be found only online) and I wasn't really willing to pay for a random try. I've never been disappointed by a Bourjois product and I declare it my favourite brand, it's so classy, effective and reliable, and really provides products for any occasion and need. So, when I've seen it on a sale, I immediately got it because I needed to know!
So, I got the shade Frambourjoise, which wouldn't have been my first choice but it was the only shade on sale (5,50 euros, fair enough for just a try) and would have been a good beginning to see if the others were worth the price. They definitely are!
Frambourjoise is literally strawberry colour. A bright red with a strong pink undertone. It looks intimidating on the packaging as it seems more on the fuchsia side but it's not. I don't feel the love for bright reds but this one looks so classy and on point.
The packaging is very elegant and the wand is very hard, so it's difficult to be imprecise when you apply it. For example, I always hated Velvetines' wand, maybe it was just me or a bad batch but they weren't stable enough and they dried so fast that if I did any mistake I was doomed! In this case, they took a good 3-5 minutes to dry, but it doesn't look *that* bad dry, it's very homogeneous and, most important thing, not sticky AT ALL! Lips become matte and flawless and I've noticed no cracks at all (of course you need to be hydrated and balmed, and clearly apply it on dry lips otherwise the formula will run away if you just applied chapstick). Simply amazing.
It doesn't last throught meals, but does last through drinks. For example, today I had lunch with plenty of greasy food and it made a slight lighter effect in the mouth centre, which doesn't look pretty as you know. But then I had some beers drank from the bottle and it stood without problems. It's almost no transfer. If you don't do anything, it's pretty much long lasting (5-6 hours)
Frambourjois is so cute that my friend's fiancée asked me what it was and immediately ordered it on amazon from her cellphone. She is everything but a make up junkie, so it really made a good impression.
Anyway, I didn't give it 5 lippies as I hate the darker edges problem. Nothing too noticeable, but makes me feel unconfortable and would suggest to not wear it at meals.
Can't wait to put my paws on the other shades!

UPDATE! Brought it with me on holidays, so it has been heavily tested in 1) greasy, eternal meals 2) sea, bathing and swimming 3) rivers of booze. I'm so impressed and in love! It worked lovely as a stain as well, and survived all the challenges.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love these. I have them in two shades: #07 Nude-ist and #01 Personne ne rouge. They go on very smoothly, have a gorgeous satin finish to them and stay on for ages (when they do wear down, I am never left with the awful "lip liner-like" ring around my mouth!). They also do not dry out my lips and go on smoothly over any existing dry spots. My only issue is that Nude-ist oxidizes into a much darker shade within 10 minutes of wear time; on my fair skin, it turns into a much darker berry colour, which is still beautiful, but is leagues away from a nude-y pink you see in the package.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this mainly because I loved the colour - I was looking for a bright pink lip colour, and was really drawn to the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in pink.

The colour goes on well, and is quite thick. Once dry, it pretty much stays put, even through eating and drinking (although it does come off on glasses, cups etc) - you may also get a bit of colour bleed if you haven't used lip liner. Generally though, the colour is long lasting and doesn't fade easily, so you don't need to keep touching it up.

The downside to this product is that it is very drying on the lips after a while. I noticed mine flaking after wearing all day (usually with one re-application). It can also be quite difficult to get off with micellar water or other makeup removers, and can stain.

I would buy it again as I love the colour and the fact that it stays put - it's also very reasonably priced.

Love, love these liquid lipsticks. It is very matt as to be expected, the colour you can really build up depending on how strong you want it during the day or night. I currently have shade number 1 and 2. Number 2 is the first one i bought and I loved it straight away. Really long lasting too on the lips. Would like to try a few other shades too.

on 10/7/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I don't understand the rave about this lipstick,
I tried out two red colours from the line. Nice colour but the staying power was not impressive at all. I read all the reviews raving about the awesome staying power, yeah well, give it an hour and it has disappeared.
Then the smell, like some chemical plastic smell. It was awful.
The application with the doe-applicator was nice, but the colour was patchy.
The formula I liked, it was a bit watery but soft on my lips.
So one lippie for the colour and one lippie for the application and formula.