Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by age: 19-24
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

4.2

I bought it in a whim because a) i don't own any coral red lipstick b) i decided i have the money for a drugstore lipstick. I put it on when my lips were properly prepped and dry af. I would definitely suggest doing so when you have exfoliated and soak your lips in moisture for the best results.

Other than that, the colour does last quite long. And even if it does lose its lustre, the faded lipstick looks like a stain which I find enjoyable.

Reapplication is ok. But if you're doing that won dry lips, be prepared you will need to wipe the excess off before applying a new layer.

on 4/29/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The formula is super light but it is definitely not a good lip color for dry lips. After it dries out my lips crack like hell and basically the color become patchy. However if you prep your lips before hand to prevent this dryness the color would go on unevenly. I can only apply it on my "good lips" day. But I still love the color enough to properly prep my lips even a night before

on 1/5/2017 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh how I love this lipstick.

I bought the shade 11- So Hap'pink. I chose this particular shade because it looked so bright and vibrant, and I wanted a lipstick which made me stand out.

It's so easy to apply to the lips, it just glides on and stays in place for a good while. I generally only have to re-apply when I eat, but even then, it only barely fades or comes off.

However, I tend to find that the formula is quite drying, and I can't wear it for consecutive days as my lips end up dry and chapped. Thank god for my other lipsticks then :)

I would definitely buy from this range again, as it has good staying power and a great range of colours.

I hate this. I wanted to try it for absolute ages, but have so many lip products I just couldn't justify it. However, when I got it as a gift when purchasing for 15 pounds bourjois products I got really excited to try it. The shade was 04, which is just not universally flattering (same shade for everyone in that gift.). It made my teeth look super yellow, and just did not look good. However the shade isn't my issue with this, as there are many others, it is the formula.
The product applied really streaky and needed several coats to actually cover the lips, and while it initially looked nice and smooth, after it dried down a bit it looked clumpy. To make matters worse it never dried completely and stayed tacky. it also wore off, even though I was only drinking out of a straw, and it looked flaky and settled in clumps in the lines of my lips.
Worst of all: I couldn't get the damn thing off haha.
so, for me, not a good product.

on 2/29/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this on a friend's recommendation, loving it! I've always been afraid to try nude lipsticks cause I never seemed to be able to find the right shade (asian people problems), most of the time I end up just looking like a ghost. When I saw this lipstick in 17 Cool Brown, it looked really pretty and I liked the texture of the formula, plus my local drugstore was having a sale. I have dry lips but this lipstick doesn't really dry them out, and its pretty comfortable to wear. Will last through food and drink, but it's not entirely transfer proof. It does have a bit of a weird smell, but overall, I would recommend this.

on 1/25/2016 4:56:00 AM

longlasting and pigmented for me

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have this in 04 Peach Club. It's a beautiful, warm, coral pink with a tinge of red. You can build up opacity, and I find it's best to apply in two light coats. Whilst I find the colour to be gorgeous on my NC15-20 cool olive skin, I am not a fan of the formula. It dries down matte but it does not set, so the formula is prone to moving. If you take a sip from a glass, you will see the colour transfer. If you eat anything - even if it is light - it will also transfer and rub off. The colour rubs off unevenly, and most of the colour is gone from the centre of my mouth. Not very attractive at all.

Another characteristic I do not like about this product is that it is drying and this is a very unforgiving formula. Your lips have to be VERY well-prepped and moisturised, otherwise every single line will show up after two hours or so. It's also quite pricey in Australia as it goes for A$24 RRP. I love the packaging - it's sleek and beautiful, but the formula just is not up to par. I will finish this, but I would not repurchase or recommend this to anyone looking for a formula that is vivid, long-wearing and comfortable.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this in two colours of this matte lipstick at Shoppers as a pricier than normal gift for myself ($25 Canadian); I could buy a few other brands for much less that I find are better quality
It feels greasy on my lips, easily smeared, and the pigment seems almost inconsistent across my lips. The colour would be great if it actually stayed on smooth.
It also has a strong chemical-like odour, making me not want to wear it at all.
In the bottle, it looks absolutely perfect. But I just do not like it on my face.
08 Grand Cru Matte Finish feels very poor quality; 07 Nude-ist Matte isn't so bad, so I'm wondering if I just got a bad batch.
Regardless, it was not worth $25 and I would not purchase again.

on 9/26/2015 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this in the colour 05 (ole flamingo) as a gift. I fell in love with it the first time I put it on. It smells a little waxy but I have no issues with it. Goes off as soon as it dries. The formula is creamy and buildable. I have pigmented, uneven-coloured lips so I usually put on 2 layers of it. The product dries to a velvety-matte finish, which makes it really comfortable to have on, unlike some other liquid-to-matte lippies out there. The formula isn't drying so you don't have to exfoliate or put on lip balm before putting it on. I have really dry lips so I always put on lip balm before any lippy, but I tried it without balm once and it still made my lips look smooth and crack-free! Amazing formula. It also lasts a whole day for me, with probably one minor touch up where my lips meet. It does transfer a little when I eat or drink, which is surprising, because it doesn't show on the lips. My lips still look spot on every time. The packaging is small and compact and the length of the applicator is perfect. More lippies should be made this way aesthetically!

My only con would be that it's a bit on the expensive side where I'm from (S$25). It costs 2x more than NYX's SMLC, which retails at S$12 here. So I'm paying a lot more for one tube of Bourjois' REV for around the same amount of product as NYX's SMLC. Granted, this is a lot better, but I do wish it was less pricey.

Overall, Bourjois really slayed this one.

on 9/1/2015 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got mine in the shade #4 Peach club

- Packaging: super cute
- Scent: really weird, artificial
- Finish: dries matte, very lightweight, good color payoff
- Longevity: ok, color will slightly fade at the 4th-5th hour mark
- This shade is very warm, so don't expect it to look peachy pink like many other swatches online if you have lighter skin tones.

If you have very dry lips and can't use liquid lipsticks, give this one a try (if you don't mind the scent!)