Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'll be quick... This is just perfection. Choosing a fourth colour. I only wish they had more colours.

Easy to apply. Dries quickly, and you are safe for the night. You dont need preparation for this lipstick, its super longlasting. They are at first expensive next to for example nyx soft matte cream. I love nyx as well but bourjois last 5x longer and stays on all night.

The packaging is also super cute, loving it!!! 😍😍

on 12/1/2016 6:28:00 PM

This is so nice, glides on so smoothly and softly, doesn't feel drying, long lasting and so many pretty colours to choose from. I bought "don't pink of it" and "nude-ist" the other day and they look amazing together. Packaging is also really pretty and the brush itself is like every other liquid lipstick brush. I would buy this again (well I bought this twice)

This is definitely my all time favourite beauty product. It has a high consistency and is very moisturising on the lips. I have it in #08 Nude-ist and I highly recommend it. The only problem is it takes a lot of scrubbing to remove it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in shade Frambourjoise and I don't think I'm going to repurchase this. It has a very chemical scent and not even a nice chemical scent like Colourpop Lippie Stix, the scent is so annoying. It dries down matte but transfer REALLY easily if you eat/drink something even if it's very light, and god, don't get me started with the formula. It dries your lips like Sahara desert and makes your lips flaky as hell after just 2-3 hours of application. Even worse is that you can't apply lipbalm to moisturize your flaky lips because the color will be gone.

The nice side of this product is the packaging and applicator, the spongy applicator makes application smooth and the color payoff is also nice, to be honest Also if you do not eat/drink/kiss anything/anyone at all this product can stay for a pretty long while. But this product is not for me. Too bad since the color flatters my NC42 skintone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought two colours:
Grand cru - deep burgundy red (it looks a lot darker in the tube though)
Frambourjoise - a soft raspberry pink (it looks intimidating in the tube but it looks so much nicer on lips)

Grand cru has a horrible eye watering smell to it, only when the tube is open its fine once it's applied, it smells very chemical like. It's a beautiful colour, the depth of the red can be built up (it does take some time though). I found it applied patchy and I needed to dip about 6 times to get the colour seen in the tube (and to make it even). Some of the reviews describe the lipstick as long lasting although this wasn't the case for me, within an hour it had began to fade, it dried up on my lips and began to crumble off (I have had this problem with some liquid lipsticks though so that may be a result of my lips with the formula). I found it easily transferred onto glasses but that's not too much of a problem as it can be reapplied. The velvet texture is really nice and smooth, this texture though didn't last long for me. I have only been using the product for about 5 days though so I will most likely keep trying it till I get it to work for me. I also tried using a range of lip balms under it: eos, Vaseline and a Chapstick, for me none really prevented the drying but eos worked best for me with this product.

The smell of frambourjoise isn't anywhere near as bad as Grand cru although it still has quite a chemically smell. This lipstick didn't dry out on my lips and it remained velvet. I found it wasn't long lasting (about an hour) but it's easy to reapply. For me I'd need baby wipes to reapply as going over it with more colour makes your lips that typical sickly pink colour that I don't find personally flattering. But to begin with its a beautiful soft almost Spring type colour of pink. I find it compliments my skin well but I think this would look beautiful on any skin tone it would really compliment anybody. I also used this with and without eos lip balm and I wouldn't wear it without eos again, that made it drying for me. It's not my favourite ever lip product but I will use it fairly often.

on 4/17/2015 4:17:00 AM

I love this product, it last all day even after eating food like a burger haha. Ill put it on at 7AM and have a full day of work, get back at 8:30PM and it's still on, not as bright as it was but there is still some product on your lips. The product can be quite drying if you have really dry lips but if u put a bit of lipgloss under or above it then I always find it to be ok. But you use the product in 2 coats so the first one goes on lightly as a base and then u build it up on the second coat. I would really recommend this product and I have done to my friends and they love it too. I'm going back today to buy another shade because its my favourite lipstick so far!

Although I love matte finishes, I hate the way they dry out the lips and settle into the fine lines. Not with these! I bought the shade 07 Nude-ist and it glides on like a dream and actually does feel velvety. It reminds me of the Collection Cream Puffs but more opaque and not streaky. I have found that this transfers but there is no obvious colour loss. This wears well and is comfortable on the lips, does not bleed and fades nicely, leaving a gorgeous, subtle stain. I took one lippie off because although I do love the colour, the name Nude-ist is misleading as this colour is a medium but quite dark pink. I also love the colour Don't Pink About It which is a lovely soft pink and perfect for this time of the year. At 8.99, these are a steal - especially because Boots almost always has 3 for 2 offers on.

I have in 08 Grand Cru , I love the colour and it dose feel like velvet on my lips, the only problem I have is applying it, I have to do it in small dots to get the colour because if I apply like normal lipstick, my lips turn a pinky sheer colour that is horrid. It's a good product but I don't recommend it for beginners in makeup x

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I gave it four stars because I've tried it out (I bought it specifically for an event which I'm yet to attend) but I can't comment on how long-lasting it is. I've tried other red lipsticks before and always been put off wearing the colour red because those feel so dry and look horrible. Also, for some reason I find others harder to apply, not sure why.

The packaging on this is so classy, it's really compact - really useful for touch ups and the brush applicator isn't too big which means it's great for those with thinner lips too. I bought the shade 'hot pepper', a really red stand out colour and loved it! It's great even if you're a first time red lippie wearer, because it just looks so good. It goes on wet/glossy as expected, but it does dry to a really nice matte finish. I assume with blotting it'll last at least an hour if not more, but I can't wait to try it out.

It does feel like velvet on your lips. I bought the colour grand cru. It's a really deep dark red, and I was really disappointed because it goes on and looks incredibly grainy and weird when you swipe it on your lips. I tried exfoliating my lips and moisturising them and put it on again, exact same result. I honestly think I must have got a bad batch because everyone's reviews are so good. Luckily I got another shade which I can't remember the name of but it doesn't have the same grainy weird look, and it dries matte and looks really nice. I don't know much about longetivity because I haven't worn it out often but I did once and it was basically all gone when I got home but I was wiping my mouth a lot ha ha