Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.8

on 5/25/2018 7:16:00 PM

I like these liquid lipsticks, they are comfortable to wear and are fantastic for the price. I own about 6 of these by now, as Bourjois keeps releasing new shades and I can't quite stop myself from buying them. I have Chocopink, Don't Pink of It, Abricoquette, Peach Club, Cool Brown and Red-volution.

Pros
-Dry down to a semi-matte finish, looking velvety rather than parched and cracked
-Comfortable to wear, lips don't feel too dry when wearing
-Cheap, usually around £6-7 per lipstick
-Wide shade range - pinks, peaches, reds, browns, berry colours, lots of darker shades.
-Generally only need a single coat
-Cute packaging, lid is the colour of the lipstick and the tube is clear plastic, showing the colour of the lipstick inside, easy to tell when you're running out

Cons
-Not particularly resilient when eating/drinking - you will need to reapply at least on the inner parts of your lips
-Limited paler shades - no suitable nude colours for very fair skin tones
-Scented
-Some shades are a little patchy - had to throw out one called Honey Mood as it was so streaky

But for a cheap and pretty matte lipstick that's comfortable to wear, I'm pretty happy with them overall. I wouldn't wear one to a formal event but they are great for a cute daytime look.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is nice. I like Bourjois as a brand because the quality for the price is exceptional. The quality is equally as good as some high end brands (if not better!) This lipstick goes on light and feathery. It feels almost mousse-like. Not sticky or drying on application. It definitely has a different consistency to other lipsticks. The pigmentation is nice. Not too heavy, but not so sheer that you can't see it! Unlike some matte lipsticks, I feel this lipstick doesn't dry my lips out. It is matte so some dryness will occur, but nowhere near to the extent of some mattes where you feel your lips start to tighten and the formula crumbles! The colour I chose is "Velvet 10- Don't Pink of it" and it is beautiful. It's a nice shade of pink that isn't too pale nor too dark. It's very natural. I've worn it for a wedding, for work, for date night! It's a versatile shade. The staying power is nice. I have to reapply after eating or drinking, but it doesn't wear off too quickly. I haven't tried a bolder, darker colour in the range, so I can't comment on the staying power of those shades. I'm tempted to try this product in other shades though!

on 4/29/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The formula is super light but it is definitely not a good lip color for dry lips. After it dries out my lips crack like hell and basically the color become patchy. However if you prep your lips before hand to prevent this dryness the color would go on unevenly. I can only apply it on my "good lips" day. But I still love the color enough to properly prep my lips even a night before

on 4/19/2017 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I bought the Rouge Edition Velvet in the color 10 (Don't Pink of It), and I find the formula very good. Feels soft and feathery, I don't know how to describe it. I misplaced the first tube, so I went back to buy another even though it is rather costly (IIRC 25CAD). The color is very complimentary to pale skin tones with a neutral to yellow undertones (NC20 ish), it's more of a nude yet feminine rose color.

I would definitely recommend the lipstick line and this color as well.

I own three shades: Happy Nude Year, Hot Pepper and Beau Brun. It's not a "typical" liquid lipstick- it doesn't dry completely, the finish is satin matte, quite similar to NYX SMLCs. The formula is thin, you can build up the opacity, they work well as cream blushes and lip tints. They're very long lasting. I don't like the chemical smell. It's not my favorite matte lip product but still, I reach for it quite often.

on 1/11/2017 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the shade "don't pink of it" and I really love the color. It looks beautiful with my fair skin, my kind of MLBB. I wanted to like this product but the drying formula and the lasting power really disappoint me. I always love Bourjois products, I do love the color, but this one doesn't work at all. If I can find the dupe color of this with better quality, even if it's way more expensive, I will buy it. Not repurchase this one.

on 1/5/2017 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh how I love this lipstick.

I bought the shade 11- So Hap'pink. I chose this particular shade because it looked so bright and vibrant, and I wanted a lipstick which made me stand out.

It's so easy to apply to the lips, it just glides on and stays in place for a good while. I generally only have to re-apply when I eat, but even then, it only barely fades or comes off.

However, I tend to find that the formula is quite drying, and I can't wear it for consecutive days as my lips end up dry and chapped. Thank god for my other lipsticks then :)

I would definitely buy from this range again, as it has good staying power and a great range of colours.

on 12/5/2016 8:11:00 AM

I purchase the shade 10 - Don't pink of it! which looks like a neutral light pink shade which would be most fair skinned ladies MLBB colour. Sadly the product did not meet my expectations and is now residing in my wastepaper basket. The lipcream packaging is lovely and even the wand was good for application however the cream itself is streaky, lacking in pigmentation and lasts <10min on my lips. Walk away from this particular product unless you've got money to burn :)

on 12/1/2016 6:28:00 PM

This is so nice, glides on so smoothly and softly, doesn't feel drying, long lasting and so many pretty colours to choose from. I bought "don't pink of it" and "nude-ist" the other day and they look amazing together. Packaging is also really pretty and the brush itself is like every other liquid lipstick brush. I would buy this again (well I bought this twice)

I hate this. I wanted to try it for absolute ages, but have so many lip products I just couldn't justify it. However, when I got it as a gift when purchasing for 15 pounds bourjois products I got really excited to try it. The shade was 04, which is just not universally flattering (same shade for everyone in that gift.). It made my teeth look super yellow, and just did not look good. However the shade isn't my issue with this, as there are many others, it is the formula.
The product applied really streaky and needed several coats to actually cover the lips, and while it initially looked nice and smooth, after it dried down a bit it looked clumpy. To make matters worse it never dried completely and stayed tacky. it also wore off, even though I was only drinking out of a straw, and it looked flaky and settled in clumps in the lines of my lips.
Worst of all: I couldn't get the damn thing off haha.
so, for me, not a good product.