MAC Pro LongWear Compact Foundation SPF 20

3.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 2.40%, Titanium Dioxide 2.30% Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butyrospermim Parkii (Shea Butter), Caryocar Brasiliense Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive)} Fruit Oil, Ceramide 2, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phytosterols, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Triethoxycaprrylylsilane, Butylene Clycol, Pentaeythrityl Tetrea-Di-t-Butyl Hydrocuhydrocinnamate [+/- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides]

on 5/2/2016 3:32:00 AM

It s very good for my slightly oily skin.one flaw it has is that it doesn t cover my textured skin ( acne scars and some wide pores). But to be honest it s a cream powder so it s not very emollient and i can t expect it to work that way.def needs some work on top to conceal the scars.also it doesn t conceal under eye darkness as some other found might.the most important feature of this foudation is it s staying power.i ve sweated with it and it didn t change at all.i think it s meant for oily skin not combo.it s not hg for me but performs well over all

on 3/5/2016 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

LOVE this stuff. Was a little hesitant based on reviews, but decided to try it out. Was looking for a compact creme foundation that would last for 12+ hour shifts (I work in healthcare). I tried this on in the store and have been wearing it all day. It's very light feeling but has GREAT coverage (important for my red-prone skin). It was a slippery when it first went on but after setting for 20min it doesn't wipe off at all. It's been 10 hours and when I run my fingers across my forehead, no product comes off on my fingers (this is better and prob cheaper than constantly reapplying cheap foundation). Will definitely be repurchasing.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/23/2016 5:36:00 PM

As someone who has tried liquid foundations and found out they left me looking like a ghost, this piece made me look fantastic. I usually check paulaschoice for info about products before I buy so that I'm sure there's not a lot of ingredients that are bad for my skin. For this particular product, it says that (this is important!) the shades run lighter than the matching shade from the other foundation formulas, so if you usually use NC25 you may use NC30 in this formula.
I was given a full makeover and in NC25. I have a Nordic skintype with reddish undertones so for me it gave a warming tone, which made my skin look alive. It also felt light on my skin. I have combination skin with occasional breakouts- saw no problems with caking.
As for the product, I love that is is so high spf, I never leave the house without sunscreen. And before I used powder on top of the foundation, but it clogged my pores. I tried a bit with this foundation and I saw a huge difference. I just had my match in heaven today. ^^,

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this in NC25. At first when I tried this it looked very white on my face so I was a little bit worried with it. Then as they day went along. OMG!!! My face looked so beautiful. My skin looked like porcelain. I use it with a primer and it stays all day. I put it on with a sponge and I do not use a powder to set it with. My face does not look dry or cakey. It has SPF 20 so it is a plus, as I love products that protect me from the harsh rays of the sun.
Yes, yes I will buy this foundation again and again!!!.
If you have sensitive to dry skin this foundation tend to be little drying.

on 11/18/2015 6:57:00 PM

NO. Just NO. Here's the deal ... I love MAC Pro Longwear Liquid foundation. I wear the color nc15 in it, and it looks beautiful on my skin. With winter approaching I decided to try the cream formula, thinking it would be the same great formula but a little more moisturizing. Um, no.
This foundation is terrible. It dried out my skin so bad, and then highlighted every flake, line and dry spot. It looked dry, cakey, splotchy and chalky. And yet..... somehow ....... at the same time it made my face look like a shiny grease slick! ON TOP of the dried out, flakey, parched skin was this shiny layer of grease! How does it even do that? It was like my skin went berserk. Also, it made my skin feel rough, even AFTER I washed it off! This is miles away from the liquid formula. Sooooooooo bad.
And furthermore the color is way off. This was far too light .... much lighter than the same shade in the liquid version. It literally looked like white, splotchy, flakey chalk. And mind you, I have fair skin which is combo oily. I cannot imagine how sallow and ashy this formula would make darker complexions look...... or how incredibly parched and flakey it would make normally dry skin types.
Holey moley. This is going back asap.

on 11/16/2015 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This MAC compact foundation is terrible. It was $45 CAD with tax, and I returned it after a week of looking greasy. The finish is kind of odd; after a few hours, I felt like my face looked like plastic. I have oily skin and after 2 hours, I was an oil slick and looked disgusting with this foundation on. This product is completely not appropriate for people with oilier skins. Fails to live up to the hype and glad that MAC has a 30 day return policy.

on 8/12/2015 4:44:00 AM

I bought this foundation after reading so many great reviews. I've got combo skin and was very disappointed with this product.

I tried to use it straight on moisturized skin, with extra primer, and primer & mattifier. In all cases it turned flaky and patchy all over the face - in oily and in dry areas! I just don't get it. I've tried to change my moisturizer but it didn't help :/ Also althought it matched my skin tone when applying, after few hours my face turned orange :/

So it went back to the store. Never again.

Pros - good coverage, good packaging, nice range of shades to choose from.

Cons - doesn't work with my combo skin at all and oxidize easily - not worth the full price.

This provides a good coverage and I have this in NC20 and it is a good match for my skin. It is easy to apply with the sponge that comes with it, and the mirror in the compact is a nice size. It doesn't clog my pores or cause me to breakout, however it does cause the skin on my cheeks to dry out slightly. I think I will stick to liquid foundations in future.

on 6/27/2015 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have a love-hate relationship with this. I would buy it again in an absolute heartbeat, it fits the bill for my picky skin needs: the formula is creamy and super quick to apply with a flat top kabuki (I can cover my face in a minute flat as opposed to 5 when I would pour/mix my liquid foundation) the packaging, albeit bulky, is compact and great for travel. The formula can be built from medium to full coverage and it's not sticky nor does it feel heavy on the face. I have it in NC25, which works for me but I always feel that the MAC artists do color matching in a way that isn't necessarily consistent to how I would regularly do my makeup. This stuff really held up during a trans-Atlantic flight, I checked my face nearly 24 hrs. later and my face wasn't a smudgy, greasy mess (although my oily zones were questionable) and the foundation was still intact. The only reason why I HATE this foundation is because I've had this for two weeks and I've already hit pan. I am by no means a cake face but this is not economical for a college students budget. SPF makes for the ghost face in photos, too.

My review is solely on a first try basis.I went to the MAC counter at Macys to get some samples it has been long since I buy brand makeup I usually buy pharmacy makeup. I was looking to switch to MAC or another name brand creme foundation and boy what was I missing! !!

It is worth the extra bucks. The prduct which im rating is this one " MAC creme pro LongWear Compact"which has 20 SPF coverage .

I fell in love, it matched me perfectly while making my skin look flawless and clearer .lighter ,covering all my imperfections without looking heavy. I cant describe it but have uploaded a picture. I am so amazed I baught it, I dont like regular liquid foundations never ,I am more into creamy or whip creme foundations bc they are thicker , and easier to apply they just look way better! I totally recomend the creme over the mac foundation just my opinion.

Anyway, go try it! make sureyou apply it yourself bc the mac ppl just brush it on lightly and I like applying it with the sponge not heavily but just where it covers. there are a couple of creme compact foundations for MAC but this onen has SPF which protects your face from tanning in the sun. I just purchased and am so thrilled. love it!I feel beautifuuuuuul!