St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask

3.9

WATER, SODIUM METHYL 2-SULFOLAURATE, GLYCERIN, HYDRATED SILICA, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, ACRYLATES/PALMETH-25 ACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, DISODIUM 2-SULFOLAURATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-DIMONIUM CHLORIDE PHOSPHATE, JUGLANS REGIA (WALNUT) SHELL POWDER, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) MEAL EXTRACT, HONEY, FRAGRANCE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, PPG-2 METHYL ETHER, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This has to be the most calming, soothing product I've put on my face in quite some time. (The next best thing, IMO, is the White Tea Skin Guardian from Origins, in terms of being soothing.) I used this as a mask first and then a scrub as I washed it off with warm water. My sensitive, oily skin felt extremely soft and hydrated after I was done! I just put on some gel moisturizer and lip balm and feel all set for the evening after using this stuff. It's quite gentle in terms of scrubbing properties. This is nothing nearly as rough as their apricot scrubs that I tried in high school. My skin is easily irritated, but this caused zero red patches or negative reactions. I don't know that I'd recommend it for someone with lots of open acne, but it is very good to grouchy skin in general otherwise. I found this at my local Walgreens, but I know it can be found at many other drugstores, grocery stores, and mass retailers in the USA.

This is a mild scrub that didn't irritate my sensitive, acne prone skin, smells great and is really affordable.
I put it on my face while in the shower and left it on while I washes my hair, shaved etc. and rinsed it off last. While my skin wasn't irritated or red, it did leave a film on my face that was really uncomfortable. I much prefer the green tea scrub by St. Ives. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this! I have acne and rosacea (great right?) and can literally use nothing on my face anymore because it's so freaking sensitive. I bought this on a whim because Clinique isn't cutting it anymore and regular drugstore stuff usually disappoints me but I'm in desperate need of some mild exfoliation.
Tried this and man does it get off those nasty dry skin flakes like a charm! It doesn't give me any additional pimples but doesn't make the ones I have go away but I really just needed the mild exfoliation and this did the job. Will continue to use and purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm rewriting this review. The first time I used it I liked mostly because it didn't leave my skin red and it was overly drying like most scrubs.

However I've I had issues since.

1. Applying any product after stings. I use gentle mostly all natural products and they stung bad afterward when normally they don't. I think this scrub was harsher than I realized and cause tiny tears in my skin like the old apricot scrub used to do.
2. I broke out. Within two days I'd have angry skin. I think this made the acid mantle weaker.

I wanted to like this scrub but I just don't.

on 1/9/2016 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This scrub is WONDERUL. I have sensitive/clog prone skin, and prefer manual exfoliation. This light scrub has just enough FINE grit to lightly polish and smooth without ripping at my skin. I use it every other day in the morning before moisturizer, and let it sit on my skin for a minute or two. It leaves my skin baby smooth, but not red or irritated, or stripped. Will definetly purchase again!

I like this scrub. My skin is really weird and hormonal. It can be super oily, super thin and dry in patches, breaks out terribly at times, sensitive. So I have to be very careful about what I introduce into my routines on my face. I have decent luck with St Ives. Since its winter, I am struggling with a couple of stubborn dry patches. While looking for something new to help me with that, I decided to pick this up, since it's marketed for dry skin. I do find that it is slightly moisturizing. It definitely doesn't leave me feeling any more dry in my problem spots. I have only used it for a couple of days, but along with my mixture of moisturizers that I've been using, this seems to be helping my flaky patches soften up. I took off one lippie because, since it is a scrub with granules, if you're washing in the sink, it can take a while to rinse it off thoroughly. The scrubby bits tend to get stuck in my hair line and around the neck area. Otherwise, smells good, haven't noticed it cause any significant irritation or break outs, seems to live up to the smoothing and assist in dryness claim, packaging is simple but can collect water in the cap if stored in the shower. Which can be messy when moving it from shower to sink. I've used it twice in one day and it doesn't feel too harsh. Will continue to use it unless it starts to irritate my skin.

on 10/7/2015 4:47:00 PM

A fantastic gentle creamy scrub that is less harsh than the original Apricot version. Smells nice and easy to use. I use it once or twice a week and it's definitely made my skin smooth & clear. Trick is to not scrub too hard - just gentle motions - let the grit do the work for you. Rinse thoroughly and be careful not to get any in your eyes! Leaves skin soft & fresh - not too dry. One tube has lasted me several months so far so very inexpensive. Love this product, will definitely repurchase.

This worked alright. At the time I was using it, I had combo skin. It didn't really help with my dry patches on my cheeks. It wasn't abrasive, it was very gentle, so I might need something a bit tougher in the winter to combat that winter dryness. Maybe now that my skin is more oily and the weather is more humid it would be more useful for me. To use it up, I ended up using it as a foot/elbow scrub and it worked well for that purpose since it is gentle. My favorite thing about it was the faint, sweet smell. Overall, it wasn't bad, just wasn't what my sensitive, winter-dry skin needed.

on 7/11/2015 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I've only used it as a scrub, not a mask. It does lather a bit, but it's not too foamy. The scrubby pieces are a lot smaller than the apricot scrub and are a lot rounder, not ass sharp edged as it either. So it's pretty gentle, though it does smell really nice so if you are sensitive to fragrances- beware. One reviewer on here mentioned that it didn't rinse off completely for her so I almost didn't buy it. But it rinses off easily and completely for me so I am glad I did :) I love that this stuff doesn't have microbeads. After I read about how badly microbeads are trashing our planet I can't bring myself to purchase products that contain them, no matter how well they worked.

on 6/18/2015 3:42:00 PM

This is a winner, it's inexpensive and it works. This is more of a gentler face scrub, it's even more gentle than the apricot and the green tea scrub by St Ives but just as equally effective. I wasn't really expecting much in terms of using it as a mask and I was right it's so-so but still good as it doesn't strip you natural moisture barrier away.