Shiseido Pureness Matifying compact

Shiseido  Pureness Matifying  compact

mica, talc, polymethyl methacrylate, dimethicone, diisostearyl malate, zinc myristate, ehylhexyl methoxycinnamate, silica, sorbitan sesquiisostearte, phenyl trimethicone, methicone, tocopherol, BHT, ethylparaben, parfum, CI 77891, CI 77492, CL 77491, CI 77499.

on 5/7/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use it as the skin makeup for my face along with a liquid foundation and corrector of other brands. It is really good for sealing the makeup with a nice texture and I don't need a lot of the powder for applying it over my face.

on 6/28/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is one of the best foundations for oily skin I've tried so far. It's a very finely milled powder with a silky smooth texture, and it applies like dream. I don't really like a lot of coverage, but this covers really well without looking unnatural.

It has a matte finish and really good oil control. It really does stay put the whole day - I can go up to 8 hours without touching up. I also don't notice any fragrance, which is always a plus for my sensitive skin/nose.

I've used both shades 40 (as NC35/40) and 30 (NC30) and overall the colors work for me, even though these are hardly perfect matches. One thing I have to say about this product is that its color range is rather limited and the shades I've tried are all pink (which is funny, considering Shiseido is a Japanese brand).

Other than that, great powder foundation!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First bought this stuff about a year or so ago after trying it on at the counter. Love it! It mattifies your skin instantly without drying or making it appear dull or ashy.
It's very inexpensive compared to other compacts I've purchased as you only buy refills after the initial purchase of the compact (and also Eco-friendly).

I've carried it with me to blot throughout the day and have even worn it as a stand-alone foundation powder. Lately my skin has been more dry so I dust this over my liquid foundation as a mattifying setting powder.
I would recommend this to anyone who has oily or acne-prone skin, or anyone who just wants a natural-looking matte finish.

on 10/27/2013 11:52:00 PM

This was the first Shiseido product I ever used and this one means business! It says it will control the oil, and it does just that. I have extremely oily skin. My used blotting papers looked like they've been dipped in a bowl of oil- I'm not kidding. But this powder is so good at controlling oil that I use it over everything. I use it to set my liquid foundations, I use it over a powder foundation and even on its own. For those who intend to use this alone, please note that this will NOT provide full coverage. The coverage is rather sheer and this can't really be used on its own as a foundation for occasions etc. especially if you prefer the poreless and perfected look. But I have often used just this powder on my face during the day and the look it gives is decent enough. Keep in mind that I use it with the Pureness oil free moisturiser to get the really matte and oil free look that I prefer, so you might have to do the same depending on the level of oil control that you desire. I'm already on my third one and I can't imagine my life without this, lol. I wish the mirror was bigger and given how quickly this one goes I wish this was cheaper. But it still won't stop me from repurchasing the powder because it really does do the job quite well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

What a wonderful surprise! I've never been happy with powder foundation (powdery, oxidizes, oil slick, etc.) but keep trying as I want an easy, light coverage especially for hot humid summer. This gives light but pretty coverage on me (with 2 layers using the sponge, dry), doesn't cause any breakouts and doesn't oxidize at all. I use a primer and oil free sunblock under it and it lasts and wears equally as well as any liquid foundation but with lighter coverage and very natural look. Just so great! No powdery look at all - how did Shiseido do this? And there were no blue cases left so the SA gave me the limited edition summer yellow case (so cute). Would have given it perfect 5 stars for just a smidgen more coverage. In love :)
Oh, if you're pale as opposed to light, may not work. I use 10 Light Ivory and it's a dead perfect match. MAC NW 20, Lancome Clair II.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Best compact foundation I've ever used. This product is from the pureness line and it is the only face product I use. I had an acne treatment and this is the only product I totally trust. It really does absorb the oil and gives a smooth complexion. It might not be the best compact foundation for those with red/brown scars because it provides a light coverage, but this is a plus for me as I don't like to use heavy products on my face. I have bought this product many times and will definitely buy again and again!

on 9/4/2012 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this powder in the darkest shade ( which is not really dark at all, so dark skinned beauties can't try this) this made my pores invisible, like COMPLETELY GONE .. Never had this happen before!

The colourmatch was kinda off though, made me look chalky too bad they don't have a darker shade.

Coverage I'd say light to medium, buildable but not more than 2-3 layers

What an amazing powder! Finally a powder that doesn't make my already massive pores any larger! Excellent product, I wouldn't say its as matte as something like Mac's studiofix powder but it provides a very natural finish. My only cons would be the packaging which although very travel friendly isn't really suitable for people who prefer to use a sponge as there is no sponge compartment. Its a pricey product but for me definitely worth it and I am soooo happy I looked into shiseido. The light ivory colour is somewhat between a NC20 and NC25 in mac powders. If NC20 is dark for you this colour isn't for you. NC20 is my colour, this makes me a bit darker than that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

DISCLAIMER
I'm so sorry for my English: I'm Italian and I'm a little bit rusty ;-)

CONS
I choose the wrong nuance, I choose the darkest one...so it seems like a bronzer :(
This small compact powder, in Italy, costs (more or less) 20 euros...so it's not so cheap.

PRO
I've really forgot the word OIL: my face is mat (and without visible pores) for at least 12 hours!
This compact powder covers like a professional liquid foundation and the packaging is very handy: I bring it always with me...in my pockets ;-)

on 5/31/2011 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

love, Love, LOVE this compact!! I have oily acne prone skin and a cosmetician recommended this one for me. She said it has great coverage, is matifying, anti bacterial and most importantly does not clog the pores. I have to say she was 100% right. I've been using this compact for over 4 years now and it is just great. It doesn't make me break out or clog my pores. It feels light and is matifying. It has great coverage too. For me this is the perfect powder! And I think for many people with oily and acne prone skin it is!
The price is not bad either. And I like that you just buy the refill after the first time.