Burt's Bees Brightening Dark Spot Corrector

Burt's Bees Brightening Dark Spot Corrector

2.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I never noticed a difference with this product. My dark spots never lightened. It is a lightweight serum that moderately drys my skin out. I would not recommend this.

Pros:
Has a pump
Cruelty free

Cons:
Didn't live up to its claims
Didn't do anything good for my skin
Drying

on 2/17/2015 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A lightweight serum containing bellis perennis extract ( daisy ) that is supposed to lighten dark spots and discoloration. I really like the citrus orange scent of this and that it feel nice on my skin. However, it does not do anything to lighten discolorations. Actually, this is the second brand of product I have used containing the daisy extract and have had no results with either of them. The only thing that brightens up my skin is vitamin C serums.

Couldn't believe it, but this actually worked for me. I have hyper-pigmentation, the melasma, like a mask, and wonders of wonder, this worked after about 4 uses. Amazed me, as nothing works but prescription hydroquinone usually. I used to be very fair, but as I've aged my skin now tans easily, but I do have hyper-pigmentation on my face. Normal to dry skin. So, if you are like me you may want to give this a try,

I love this stuff! When used with the rest of the skin care line, I noticed my face completely transform in less than 2 weeks. I can't wait to see what happens in 4-8!!!! I love this whole line.

I love this product! I actually use it under my eyes. I don't wear makeup but I'm always looking for ways to cover the dark circles under my eyes. I've noticed most under eye creams have a color to them to cover the circles. I hate that! This product it a gel that has a slight brown tint to it but goes on clear. I use it twice a day for 6 weeks now and I've noticed a huge difference! My dark circles are lighter and the skin under my eyes looks brighter and healthier. Will continue to use for sure!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This actually gave me spots and lots of them. I was only able to test this out for three days and had to stop. I had hopes for this serum because the texture is amazing.It has such a light and refreshing feeling. This serum wasn't sticky or greasy. It sinks right into the skin leaving absolutely no residue behind. The scent is super fresh too! But, upon immediate contact, my skin turns beet red and it dries out my oily-very oily skin leaving it tight and uncomfortable. After three days, my skin looks worse. Congestion with clogs, blotchiness and a rough texture. My skin now looks very dehydrated. Also, I noticed foundations look patchy and dry over this. My reason for buying this was to lighten some acne scars but I can't comment if this works at fading them because I can't continue the recommended eight weeks.

on 4/30/2014 8:32:00 AM

First of all, I have 3 sunspots on my face that I want to fade, all of varying sizes and pigmentation. I purchased the Brightening Dark Spot Corrector for $20 at Walgreens. I was pretty excited about using a natural product to fade my discoloration. Let me initially voice my opinion that $20 bucks is a very, very high price for 1 oz. of product. I've been using this for over 2 months and the bottle is nearly empty. No fading whatsoever, not even on the smallest spot which is pretty tiny. The packaging claims that after 8 weeks of use 80% of women saw diminished appearance of dark spots and discoloration. I saw absolutely NO change. This product is a royal rip-off. Do not waste your money on this. You will be disappointed.