Kat Von D Immortal Lash

No Image

2.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have bought this mascara 3 times because I have been so on the fence about it, and I have finally figured out that I actually hate the formula but love the brush.

The formula is crap because it will always smudge even if you wait ages to blink after applying. And the flaking after not even an hour...just no. I have to wipe most of it off the brush before applying is the only way it doesn't clump somewhere or stick lashes together.

That being said the brush is actually perfect for my lashes and when not covered in heaps of mascara it lengthens and separates them really well. If you are after volume this is not the mascara for you.
I guess another plus is it didn't irritate my eyes at all

So keeping the brush and ditching the mascara and the only reason I would buy it again is if I lost the brush

on 10/7/2016 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really disliked this mascara for multiple reasons. It was not a dark or dramatic black, it doesn't really lengthen or add volume, and the packaging hurts! The outside tube looks really nice, but it gets dirty so easily that I can't even really compliment it there.

My biggest problem with the mascara is how it hurts to put on. My eyes water and ruin my wings after applying it! The synthetic brush is really sharp and stiff, but the shape of the wand requires you to get in close to the eye. Even when applying it the spiky wand irritates the skin around the lashes. For really a very pitiful difference in length or volume. It doesn't look particularly black so I've had to go over it with another mascara anyways.

Not to mention it has dried up in the tube and it's hard to get the wand in because of the buildup and the opening of the bottle. I've tried countless mascaras and this ones literally awful.

on 8/20/2016 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

EDIT 4/8/17: I no longer use this - the smell got to me! Lol! It's always the little things.... There are too many mascaras out there to put up with one at this price that smells bad.

I love this mascara!!! I can't understand the bad reviews. I'm a recent Kat Von D convert/addict and as far as I'm concerned, she has yet to put a foot wrong with her makeup and her claims!

The packaging is gorgeous - black with metallic red rose outlines and her signature gothic font Kat Von D logo also in metallic red. Opening it, the handle is a nice size - not too long or too short, not too fat or thin. The wand stem is red plastic and the tip is rubberized black bristles in a spiral pattern ending in an elongated ball (I can't really call it an oval) of bristles at the very tip. Kat says its modeled after a rise stem which sounds beautiful and romantic (<333) but I can't say I haven't seen similar bristle patterns on mascara wands before. The theory is, this pattern is good for elongating and thickening while grabbing every lash and keeping everything separated, not clumpy. I'm sure everyone's mascara swiping and application technique differs - which is probably why this brush pattern doesn't work for so many - but for me, it does just what it's supposed to, as advertised. It thickens, lengthens, separates, and, let's not forget, it's waterproof too! This is a false eyelashes or glamor girl look but if you watch one of Kat's makeup tutorials, you'll see what it's like. Q

There's only one downfall to this mascara: it doesn't smell great. This could be good news as it obviously isn't perfumed but the smell is bad enough to comment on. I don't care because, once dry, it doesn't smell anymore and it outperforms other mascara in a huge way.

Overall, potential holy grail status!!!

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used! Why?? Because the brush is like a medieval torture device it's ugly. Oh and I kept poking my eyeball on accident with it and my eye would get so irritated from the brush and the formula would sting. This also didn't do my lashes any justice I already have long lashes naturally but this made my lashes look nonexistent I had to put so many coats of this just so I could look like I had three lashes because this also would clump my lashes badly. No matter how I used that terrible applicator my lashes would clump and this flakes terribly I do not recommend this I was so happy when this finally dried out.

on 6/6/2016 7:09:00 PM

I'm not surprised at all to see the bad reviews. This ranks high on my list of bad mascaras and I've tried a lot from drugstore to high end in my day. Thank goodness it was only a Sephora deluxe mini sample. It gave me extreme spider lashes that looked very sparse. I didn't even look like I had any mascara on. The brush, OMG, the stupid spiky ball on the end that bends out of shape just trying to put the brush back in. I have to really dislike a product to throw it in the garbage but in the garbage this one went after a few uses. Pass on this one.

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put long, dangerous spikes on a mascara wand, but this applicator has scratched the delicate skin of my water line every time I've used it, causing my eyes to water and ruin my makeup!

Not only that, but the formula is very dry and clumpy. It doesn't curl my lashes at all, and I've found that the only way I can work with this is by using it as a base and layering it with something else.

I received this as a deluxe mini from Sephora and I must say that I will NOT be buying the full size, as I'm afraid of poking my eye out.

on 9/7/2015 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The poor reviews are really surprising! I've tried lots of mascaras and this one ranks near the top for me. It builds both good length and volume, doesn't smudge or flake, and it comes off easily at night. My one complaint is that the want (not the brush; but the plastic wand) seems a bit flimsy and too flexible; but otherwise this has become one of my favorite mascaras.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't know if I just got a bad mini of this or what but mine was super dry. The brush is hard to work with as well. This was so dry I couldn't even get it on my lashes very well. This was the worst mascara I've ever tried thank goodness it was a free mini.

on 6/17/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample from Sephora that lasted me a couple months of use, a few times a week when I didn't want the hassle of removing waterproof. This worked okay. It's very black, which is good. It did not provide any curl to my lashes, I had to use a lash curler if I desired that every time I used this. It did a good job of separating my lashes, didn't necessarily make them longer, in my opinion. It was an okay, every day mascara. Definitely not worth the price for me. I'm currently having very good luck with the new L'Oreal Miss Manga Rock, the waterproof version. And for about $8.00.

This is one of the BEST mascaras I have ever used, along with benefit's new Roller Lash mascara. I love the wand/brush for application- it adds so much volume to my eyelashes. I've had the mini tube of this mascara for 5 months and it has just started to dry out recently, but I am still able to use it on a daily basis. I would definitely recommend this to others.

Popular Mascaras