Kat Von D Immortal Lash

2.2

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used! Why?? Because the brush is like a medieval torture device it's ugly. Oh and I kept poking my eyeball on accident with it and my eye would get so irritated from the brush and the formula would sting. This also didn't do my lashes any justice I already have long lashes naturally but this made my lashes look nonexistent I had to put so many coats of this just so I could look like I had three lashes because this also would clump my lashes badly. No matter how I used that terrible applicator my lashes would clump and this flakes terribly I do not recommend this I was so happy when this finally dried out.

on 6/6/2016 7:09:00 PM

I'm not surprised at all to see the bad reviews. This ranks high on my list of bad mascaras and I've tried a lot from drugstore to high end in my day. Thank goodness it was only a Sephora deluxe mini sample. It gave me extreme spider lashes that looked very sparse. I didn't even look like I had any mascara on. The brush, OMG, the stupid spiky ball on the end that bends out of shape just trying to put the brush back in. I have to really dislike a product to throw it in the garbage but in the garbage this one went after a few uses. Pass on this one.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put long, dangerous spikes on a mascara wand, but this applicator has scratched the delicate skin of my water line every time I've used it, causing my eyes to water and ruin my makeup!

Not only that, but the formula is very dry and clumpy. It doesn't curl my lashes at all, and I've found that the only way I can work with this is by using it as a base and layering it with something else.

I received this as a deluxe mini from Sephora and I must say that I will NOT be buying the full size, as I'm afraid of poking my eye out.

on 9/7/2015 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The poor reviews are really surprising! I've tried lots of mascaras and this one ranks near the top for me. It builds both good length and volume, doesn't smudge or flake, and it comes off easily at night. My one complaint is that the want (not the brush; but the plastic wand) seems a bit flimsy and too flexible; but otherwise this has become one of my favorite mascaras.

I don't know if I just got a bad mini of this or what but mine was super dry. The brush is hard to work with as well. This was so dry I couldn't even get it on my lashes very well. This was the worst mascara I've ever tried thank goodness it was a free mini.

on 6/17/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample from Sephora that lasted me a couple months of use, a few times a week when I didn't want the hassle of removing waterproof. This worked okay. It's very black, which is good. It did not provide any curl to my lashes, I had to use a lash curler if I desired that every time I used this. It did a good job of separating my lashes, didn't necessarily make them longer, in my opinion. It was an okay, every day mascara. Definitely not worth the price for me. I'm currently having very good luck with the new L'Oreal Miss Manga Rock, the waterproof version. And for about $8.00.

This is one of the BEST mascaras I have ever used, along with benefit's new Roller Lash mascara. I love the wand/brush for application- it adds so much volume to my eyelashes. I've had the mini tube of this mascara for 5 months and it has just started to dry out recently, but I am still able to use it on a daily basis. I would definitely recommend this to others.

on 5/10/2015 1:26:00 PM

Edit: I meant to say that this mascara gave me spider lashes. It made them sparse and stick together. Also the wand looks better than it performs. I found it not getting all my lashes. The applicator wand was awkward to use. A second coat did not help things. I wound up throwing it away.

I forgot to add that I wouldn't buy this product again. I'm glad it was just a mini.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Wow. Totally shocked by the low ratings. I too got this in the set as a mini with the liner. The liner is my HG liquid liner and I wanted to give this a shot too. After one use I knew I needed the full size. Yes it is a drier formula per say but it does not make my lashes feel dry or crunchy at all. I can do one or two coats or build to my hearts content and it does not clump at all. It holds a curl, doesn't flake, but comes off easily at the end of the day. As for the wand, I've recently had LASIK and my eyeballs are still tender and I found I continuously poked them with other wands (especially Lancome Hypnose Drama) but this wand gives me no issues and the ball at the end is great for those tiny lashes on the inner and outer corner. LOVE!!!!

I got this with the Kat Eye set (much different review for the liner) and was kinda disappointed.. I will say that I love the wand, that is probably the only thing that is keeping me from getting rid of it. Cute packaging like all of her stuff. It seems like it was kinda dried up when I first got it, and after about 30 sec of having it out it was so dry and unusable. It clumps up a lot and it's kinda hard to work with. I will say that once you have it on it will stay there better than a lot of other mascaras though. I believe it if was newer and more liquidy going on that I would love it. I thought I just got a bad one but not so sure after seeing other reviews...