no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

What is with makeup companies and these crazy mascara brushes? This contorted thing does a poor job of applying the mascara: skipping lashes here and overcoating lashes there. Also, those spikes on the brush are sharp and not fun if you accidentally jab yourself with them. Then I have to go through with my iLash Comb to separate my lashes...which given how thick Immortal Lash's formula is, isn't an easy task. On the brighter side, the mascara is a nice dark matte black and wears like there's no tomorrow. I'm glad I got to try this as a Sephora 100 point perk, because all the work involved in applying this mascara doesn't make purchasing a full-size worth it.

About reviewer (328 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I have bought this mascara 3 times because I have been so on the fence about it, and I have finally figured out that I actually hate the formula but love the brush. The formula is crap because it will always smudge even if you wait ages to blink after applying. And the flaking after not even an hour...just no. I have to wipe most of it off the brush before applying is the only way it doesn't clump somewhere or stick lashes together. That being said the brush is actually perfect for my lashes and when not covered in heaps of mascara it lengthens and separates them really well. If you are after volume this is not the mascara for you. I guess another plus is it didn't irritate my eyes at all So keeping the brush and ditching the mascara and the only reason I would buy it again is if I lost the brush

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I really disliked this mascara for multiple reasons. It was not a dark or dramatic black, it doesn't really lengthen or add volume, and the packaging hurts! The outside tube looks really nice, but it gets dirty so easily that I can't even really compliment it there. My biggest problem with the mascara is how it hurts to put on. My eyes water and ruin my wings after applying it! The synthetic brush is really sharp and stiff, but the shape of the wand requires you to get in close to the eye. Even when applying it the spiky wand irritates the skin around the lashes. For really a very pitiful difference in length or volume. It doesn't look particularly black so I've had to go over it with another mascara anyways. Not to mention it has dried up in the tube and it's hard to get the wand in because of the buildup and the opening of the bottle. I've tried countless mascaras and this ones literally awful.

About reviewer (153 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

EDIT 4/8/17: I no longer use this - the smell got to me! Lol! It's always the little things.... There are too many mascaras out there to put up with one at this price that smells bad. I love this mascara!!! I can't understand the bad reviews. I'm a recent Kat Von D convert/addict and as far as I'm concerned, she has yet to put a foot wrong with her makeup and her claims! The packaging is gorgeous - black with metallic red rose outlines and her signature gothic font Kat Von D logo also in metallic red. Opening it, the handle is a nice size - not too long or too short, not too fat or thin. The wand stem is red plastic and the tip is rubberized black bristles in a spiral pattern ending in an elongated ball (I can't really call it an oval) of bristles at the very tip. Kat says its modeled after a rise stem which sounds beautiful and romantic (<333) but I can't say I haven't seen similar bristle patterns on mascara wands before. The theory is, this pattern is good for elongating and thickening while grabbing every lash and keeping everything separated, not clumpy. I'm sure everyone's mascara swiping and application technique differs - which is probably why this brush pattern doesn't work for so many - but for me, it does just what it's supposed to, as advertised. It thickens, lengthens, separates, and, let's not forget, it's waterproof too! This is a false eyelashes or glamor girl look but if you watch one of Kat's makeup tutorials, you'll see what it's like. Q There's only one downfall to this mascara: it doesn't smell great. This could be good news as it obviously isn't perfumed but the smell is bad enough to comment on. I don't care because, once dry, it doesn't smell anymore and it outperforms other mascara in a huge way. Overall, potential holy grail status!!!

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used! Why?? Because the brush is like a medieval torture device it's ugly. Oh and I kept poking my eyeball on accident with it and my eye would get so irritated from the brush and the formula would sting. This also didn't do my lashes any justice I already have long lashes naturally but this made my lashes look nonexistent I had to put so many coats of this just so I could look like I had three lashes because this also would clump my lashes badly. No matter how I used that terrible applicator my lashes would clump and this flakes terribly I do not recommend this I was so happy when this finally dried out.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put long, dangerous spikes on a mascara wand, but this applicator has scratched the delicate skin of my water line every time I've used it, causing my eyes to water and ruin my makeup! Not only that, but the formula is very dry and clumpy. It doesn't curl my lashes at all, and I've found that the only way I can work with this is by using it as a base and layering it with something else. I received this as a deluxe mini from Sephora and I must say that I will NOT be buying the full size, as I'm afraid of poking my eye out.

About reviewer (120 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

The poor reviews are really surprising! I've tried lots of mascaras and this one ranks near the top for me. It builds both good length and volume, doesn't smudge or flake, and it comes off easily at night. My one complaint is that the want (not the brush; but the plastic wand) seems a bit flimsy and too flexible; but otherwise this has become one of my favorite mascaras.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

I don't know if I just got a bad mini of this or what but mine was super dry. The brush is hard to work with as well. This was so dry I couldn't even get it on my lashes very well. This was the worst mascara I've ever tried thank goodness it was a free mini.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

5 years ago

Deluxe sample from Sephora that lasted me a couple months of use, a few times a week when I didn't want the hassle of removing waterproof. This worked okay. It's very black, which is good. It did not provide any curl to my lashes, I had to use a lash curler if I desired that every time I used this. It did a good job of separating my lashes, didn't necessarily make them longer, in my opinion. It was an okay, every day mascara. Definitely not worth the price for me. I'm currently having very good luck with the new L'Oreal Miss Manga Rock, the waterproof version. And for about $8.00.

About reviewer (288 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

This is one of the BEST mascaras I have ever used, along with benefit's new Roller Lash mascara. I love the wand/brush for application- it adds so much volume to my eyelashes. I've had the mini tube of this mascara for 5 months and it has just started to dry out recently, but I am still able to use it on a daily basis. I would definitely recommend this to others.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18