New York Color BB Cream

New York Color BB Cream

3.6

I love this product. I get full coverage for a least 6 hours. It matches my skin tone and the price is right.

I've never used a BB cream before, but I decided to try this because it was cheap.

Well... there's literally no coverage for me. I can't even really call it a tinted moisturizer because it has no tint. It's like applying a thin lotion to my face, literally no difference in my skin tone. It looks like a typical foundation coming out of the tube, but as I apply it to my face... all trace of pigment disappears. Weird. Even $1 L.A. Colors foundation has more pigment than this does.

It does seem to dry somewhat matte at least. But honestly I think I will toss it because I don't see how it's useful. If I want zero coverage I'll just apply my usual moisturizer.

on 10/24/2015 6:30:00 PM

This BB cream has only one flaw - lots of glitter. For me, it has a dewy finish and it's pretty moisturizing. It goes on pretty smoothly and lasts through the day. I would repurchase if it hadn't been for the glitter. I feel like it could be covered with powder but I personally don't wear powder over BB creams.

Also this doesn't seem to have SPF in it, which I don't mind but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This review is for the Matte version in 02 Medium.

At $4 (CAD) per tube, it does a pretty good job overall.

Pros:
The Medium colour matches my skin tone almost perfectly
Blends nicely when first applied (I use my fingers)
Definitely matte
Doesn't separate on my oily t-zone
Lightweight
Stays put all day
Light coverage (this is a con for some, but I love it)

Cons:
No SPF
Sticks to dry skin (I use a moisturizer first on my problem areas)

I use this most work-days. I'm a big fan of light makeup coverage, so BB Creams and tinted moisturizers are my go-to face products. I do have to strategically apply moisturizer under this one, because I have some winter dry patches, but the BB Cream smooths over it just fine, and lasts all day without further drying.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I just bought this today.. For 2.99.
My first thought was how thin it was but it did blend really well. The coverage wasn't bad, if I didn't have random acne scarring to hide, I could probably get away with using it alone. Powder goes on easily on top. I can't comment on staying power but I'm not expecting the world from this anyway. Makes my face look better.. I'll take it

This really didn't provide any coverage. It just made my face look oily. When I put this on, the only thing that seemed different was my face was shiny.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm using the Instant Matte version in Medium. I didn't expect much from a $4.00 item but I like this a lot. It doesn't give as much coverage as a regular foundation but that's ok for the hot summer months. It evens out my skin's blotchiness and camouflages redness. It starts out matte but gets oily after 4-5 hours, but so does everything on me.

I apply it on bare skin, I don't need/use a moisturizer with this. It wears off after 8+ hours so I need to apply powder if I still want to look decent. It works well on my oily skin, might be drying on other skin types.

I like this well enough to buy 1 or 2 more to keep as back-ups.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Hello,
So I bought this from Target for about $4.00. And I got the shade 01 light. Which blends well in my skin. At first when i swatched it on the back of my hand it was smooth, easy to blend, and light coverage. So I decidedthat I would use this for days that I don't want on too much concealer or powder. Because lately my skin has been feeling itchy and irritated from the weather. I'm in Miami, and Im telling you this weather is so hot. So I use it as a primer on days I want to put on a full face of makeup. Or just this with sunscreen on days I want lite coverage. It's an okay be cream. I like that it goes on smooth. Will I repurchase? As of now no. I think this is gonna last me for a while.

on 8/19/2015 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This bb cream is rubbish. It goes on and just makes my skin feel slimy, there is no coverage AT ALL, so there is really nothing to review. It is like rubbing Vaseline all over my face. Will never repurchase.

It comes out of the bottle easily, but it is extremely easy to get too much product at once. Too much sparkle.