NYC New York Color BB Cream

NYC New York Color BB Cream

3.6

on 12/20/2017 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Might work as a moisturizer, but not really. The texture is really weird: It's so slippery and watery that it gets messy when you try to squirt it out of the bottle. When you go to put it on the face it ends up being really greasy, slick, and shiny and the pigmentation is okay, but not great. Cakes and feels thick as well, comes right off with any contact with water. Not the worst but not great. No particular smell, it wasn't an awful product, but it doesn't really do that much.

I love this product. I get full coverage for a least 6 hours. It matches my skin tone and the price is right.

I've never used a BB cream before, but I decided to try this because it was cheap.

Well... there's literally no coverage for me. I can't even really call it a tinted moisturizer because it has no tint. It's like applying a thin lotion to my face, literally no difference in my skin tone. It looks like a typical foundation coming out of the tube, but as I apply it to my face... all trace of pigment disappears. Weird. Even $1 L.A. Colors foundation has more pigment than this does.

It does seem to dry somewhat matte at least. But honestly I think I will toss it because I don't see how it's useful. If I want zero coverage I'll just apply my usual moisturizer.

This really didn't provide any coverage. It just made my face look oily. When I put this on, the only thing that seemed different was my face was shiny.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I just bought this today.. For 2.99.
My first thought was how thin it was but it did blend really well. The coverage wasn't bad, if I didn't have random acne scarring to hide, I could probably get away with using it alone. Powder goes on easily on top. I can't comment on staying power but I'm not expecting the world from this anyway. Makes my face look better.. I'll take it

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This review is for the Matte version in 02 Medium.

At $4 (CAD) per tube, it does a pretty good job overall.

Pros:
The Medium colour matches my skin tone almost perfectly
Blends nicely when first applied (I use my fingers)
Definitely matte
Doesn't separate on my oily t-zone
Lightweight
Stays put all day
Light coverage (this is a con for some, but I love it)

Cons:
No SPF
Sticks to dry skin (I use a moisturizer first on my problem areas)

I use this most work-days. I'm a big fan of light makeup coverage, so BB Creams and tinted moisturizers are my go-to face products. I do have to strategically apply moisturizer under this one, because I have some winter dry patches, but the BB Cream smooths over it just fine, and lasts all day without further drying.

on 10/24/2015 6:30:00 PM

This BB cream has only one flaw - lots of glitter. For me, it has a dewy finish and it's pretty moisturizing. It goes on pretty smoothly and lasts through the day. I would repurchase if it hadn't been for the glitter. I feel like it could be covered with powder but I personally don't wear powder over BB creams.

Also this doesn't seem to have SPF in it, which I don't mind but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Hello,
So I bought this from Target for about $4.00. And I got the shade 01 light. Which blends well in my skin. At first when i swatched it on the back of my hand it was smooth, easy to blend, and light coverage. So I decidedthat I would use this for days that I don't want on too much concealer or powder. Because lately my skin has been feeling itchy and irritated from the weather. I'm in Miami, and Im telling you this weather is so hot. So I use it as a primer on days I want to put on a full face of makeup. Or just this with sunscreen on days I want lite coverage. It's an okay be cream. I like that it goes on smooth. Will I repurchase? As of now no. I think this is gonna last me for a while.

on 8/19/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This bb cream is rubbish. It goes on and just makes my skin feel slimy, there is no coverage AT ALL, so there is really nothing to review. It is like rubbing Vaseline all over my face. Will never repurchase.

It comes out of the bottle easily, but it is extremely easy to get too much product at once. Too much sparkle.