Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes - Cucumber & Sage

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes - Cucumber & Sage

1.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/24/2017 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Wow. I have never had a "natural" product targeted for dry skin BURN so much!! These are awful. My mom and I bought them to use in a pinch during a girls' trip and we were both left with red, stinging faces (we both have mature, dry skin). Booooooooo!!

on 7/3/2016 5:50:00 PM

I actually have a burn on my face from these. I bought them at a Nordstrom Rack and have purchased Burt's Bees cleansing towlettes before, but for some reason this time I have an actual rash-like burn on my face. My skin is incredibly dry as well. My wedding is in a week and a half. Thanks Burt's Bees. I may have to see my dermatologist now so I don't have a rash down the aisle.

I'm in the camp of everyone else who experienced redness, EXTREME BREAKOUTS, and for me, light stinging. I insisted these couldn't be the cause at first because they are 99.1% all natural but it's the only change in my routine and after reading everyone else's reviews I feel sure it was these because I had the exact same effects. I absolutely would not buy these again and am in fact going to see if Walgreens will let me exchange them for another brand cause I hate to just throw them away and buy new ones. Also of note, I do not have especially sensitive skin which is what really blows me away to have had such an intense reaction to them.

Burns my eyes and skin. Drys my skin out. I like the smell and love how the package snaps closed. This was me giving this product a second shot but I will NEVER buy this again!

on 3/14/2016 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked these up because they are cruelty free and were relatively inexpensive. I have pretty dry, somewhat sensitive skin and don't apply my makeup very heavily. These are helpful when removing highly pigmented lipsticks, and to clear my face of the sheer mineral powder foundation I wear. They did not burn or cause my skin to break out, so I was surprised that other reviews said they did so. The biggest disappointment about these wipes is that they do sting your eyes. I wear more makeup around my eyes than anywhere else and I generally expect makeup wipes to be formulated for that. OK for the price but would try something else next time. Oh, and for the record, I really like the hippie smell!

on 1/14/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worst product I ever bought. Going to try to return them without receipt. Love CVS wipes but was in publix when I needed them. Thought was reputable company, NOT.
It burned and really stinged my face, Even with rinsing off and using moisturizer couldn't stop burning. Don't buy.

on 1/7/2016 4:07:00 PM

This is possibly the worst product that I have ever used. It smells like stinky hippies, it stings and it doesn't remove makeup what so ever.

I bought this for a trip where I was trying to just have a carry on bag figured it would have saved me some trouble. First time I used one it stung like hell, left me bright red and when I was done I noticed that I still had all my makeup on it was just smeared.

I had to continue using these because I had nothing else. But after a 2nd and 3rd use I just gave up I'd rather have the breakout from not washing my face than have it feel like it was on fire and still have the breakouts from all the left behind product.

I usually love love love burts bees products. I have found my first disappointment..
I don't have very sensitive skin usually & these burned my eyes & skin terribly! Returning immediately ):

on 12/9/2015 11:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The sting like hell, they're supposed to be 99% natural but I don't know why they hurt so bad, definitely never changing my neutrogena wipes ever again!!

on 6/19/2015 12:04:00 AM

I've never used a worse product. Immediately upon wiping these facial towelettes across my face, my skin began to sting and turned bright red. Even after applying two soothing serums and a moisturizer, my skin continues to burn.

I rarely post such negative reviews--especially after only using a product once--but any simple cleanser shouldn't make my skin feel this way. Seems like a lot of other reviewers have issue with the towelettes as well.

In short: only use these if you have pretty hardy skin. If your skin tends to be even somewhat sensitive, stay away!