L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in Rose Melody 101

No Image

on 8/26/2015 7:24:00 AM

I saw this on the stand in Walgreens and picked up the only pale pink color that was there.

This is a great feeling gloss, moisturizing and nourishing for my very dry lips. It does not last very long but I do not expect glosses to be long-wearing. The color is a pretty neutral pale pink and looks great against my pale (NC15) skin, and the high shine really brings light to my face.

I like the wand and I am glad this does not have a brush applicator, this wand applies a perfect amount of product. It is just a bit paler than my natural lip color, so I do not have a problem applying this without a mirror.

I do love the way this feels on my lips and I will buy this color, and other colors in the same line, in the future.

on 12/6/2014 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Super adorable
it can pair with any kind of look
well..one thing though, its more like a nude color

These go on smooth and creamy. Feels SO good going on! However, it does apply in a thick layer so I will have to play around with that. The applicator is a long doe foot, about twice the length of mac lipglasses. Color is semi-opaque and wear is short. I really love these but to be more accurate they should’ve marketed differently. ‘Liquid lipstick’ implies a longer wear and fuller coverage, maybe between a gloss and a lipstick (and to me should really be more towards lipstick, only liquid!) After having only drank from a water bottle, I felt the need to reapply in an hour. At purchase, I was a little worried they would be too solid of a color, but I now wish they did have stronger color payoff and lasting ability.

Rose melody is a pinky-neutral that is sweet without being too girly. Subtle and natural, but with some color. The shine stays longer than the color does. After a bit, it just leaves this light pink hue on my lips. To my surprise, it not only does NOT have that dreaded trademark ‘old lady’ scent that has become synonymous with L’oreal lip products, it has this slight yummy taste to it, sweet but not artificial tasting. Got on sale for $5.99 (reg $9.99) at Rite Aid.

on 10/1/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am blonde, with hazel eyes and NC15 to NC20 skin. I love this gloss! It is a light warm toned pink and is a slightly lighter dupe for the Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss in Strawberry. It feels comfortable, non sticky, feels like a balm, and long lasting. It has a pleasant fruity scent and is almost opaque. I look forward to trying other shades!. Normally I don't like L'Oreal lip products but this gloss is a new favorite of mine. I really like the NYX Butter Glosses, but this has surpassed that in quality.

on 5/19/2014 8:16:00 PM

for some reason I thought that this was more of a liquid lipstick but this is nothing more than well pigmented gloss. Rose Melody is a nice color that looks quite bright in the tube but I find that on my lips its watermelon color that its not too bright and I think is quite suitable for women with any coloring-it would look good on brunettes, redheads and blonds alike.
I don't find consistency to be anything exceptional-its just like any other gloss.
Not sure why the reviewer before me was so dissatisfied with the color as this color is not garish or cheap looking and looks quite nice. On your lips it looks like sheer wash of color.
I wouldn't buy it again though because it didn't vow me

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am so in love with this formula (see my separate rave review for the same product line in the color Molto Mauve) but unfortunately I find this color to be really cheap-looking. It's a bright creamy coral that I can't make work with my pale, warm-undertoned-but-ruddy NC15 skin and blonde hair. I do love the formula - a rich, well-pigmented, super moist gloss that leaves my chapped lips feeling soothed. I do think they made a mistake with this color, as I can't imagine who it would look good on.