Chanel Hydra Beauty Creme Riche

No Image

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

[i have hydra beauty cream micro also] as the result of another return I got this for a gift daddy "treated" myself to some Chanel skincare ..my very most expensive beauty product ($87 + tax from Dillard's)...I never imagined he'd spend $87 on a moisturizer but Chanel has sucked me in w their amazing quality. And it is worth it! lol! I love the scent. The polyfractioning technique makes its ingredient so pure. The jar comes w a mini spatula. I mean man oh man! They thought of evthing except that the spatula is easy to misplace; I've already lost it! Wish they had a little slot in the packaging for it would make this 101%! My skin only needs a pea sized amount & I just use Chanel lotion purete anti pollution toner & the chanel Le blanc cleanser. This creme is gr8 for mature oily skin types but I can see if ur sensitive to fragrances or need a very extremely emollient based creme this may not suit ur needs. I can feel my skin has plumped & improved in a short time. I think that the closest thing I've used to this is Clinique total turn around & it did not have the same benefits (def not as much like apples to oranges i don't have a lot of experiences w skin creams). I don't know, I'd rebuy this if it were not so $$ but $87 is a lot of $$. I think I will be sticking w Chanel skincare otherwise but I do realize a good night cream is ESSENTIAL so I may end up splurging I want to see how my face looks after 6 months of using. I'm using this twice a day. Will update hoping to do so! I was using German Nivea previously which is a pain to get. I have to have my best friend send it to me coz I live in USA (we've got the Mexican "crapola" here & man it sux it just sits on top of the skin). And Nivea is kind of just wayyyyy too heavy for my skin to be completely honest I kind of can only use it every couple of days or it gets heavy & the Chanel doesn't make my skin feel congested & greasy. Nothing against Nivea I totally loved it until a couple of weeks ago & found the Chanel. I got German Nivea from Amazon last time. They say that the German Nivea is a dupe for CdLM & I don't know personally becoz I've never used CdLM but I still will use it & I'm asking my best friend to send me some more in case I don't rebuy this. This hasn't broken out my skin ("yet" ha ha), I've got mature very oily acne prone at times skin & cant use things that are highly comedogenic for long periods of time. You can feel this in your pores penetrating them plumping up your skin. It won't leave a greasy residue on ur pillow. This also comes in gel creme form those who don't like creams. And the scent...TDF is right! Chanel makes their products so pleasing to the senses a real bit of real luxury added to my daily routine makes me happy!! Money blahhhhh you can't take it with you ;-/ this reminds me of the sample of charlotte tilbury magic cream I got in an order. I would like to buy a container of charlottes magic cream but it isn't sold at Dillard's & my dad has a Dillard's credit card :-/

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great moisturizer for very dry skin, smells like heaven too. It's full of very moisturizing ingredients like : glycerin, cetearyl alchol, and shea butter, you don't need much so it last a while which helps justify the $87 price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am shocked at how much I love this moisturizer. It's like a big drink of water for my skin. I have combination to normal skin, but has occasional breakouts. I am guessing this creme riche moisturizer is for severely dry skin, however, I use a retinol nightly and my skin gets peely and dry. I justified the cost of this because the container is quite large and you're getting a nice amount of product and a little goes a long way. It is heavily scented, so if you are sensitive to smells, this may not be for you. However, I love how this smells (roses!). It's very rich and luxurious. I definitely recommend this and will repurchase. I also like the hydrating essence mist, which is a good companion product, but haven't been able to justify that expense yet.

Edit 8/23/14: I have repurchased this. It does a great job keeping my skin hydrated and balanced. I love it.

Edit: 12/5/14: I have gone back to NIA24 skin strengthening complex because it seems like I get more bang for my buck. This Chanel moisturizer smells divine and feels lovely, but I'm not sure if it actually DOES anything to improve my skins appearance or texture, whereas I know that NIA24 makes a visible difference. So, I am still giving this a high rating because it's nice, but it's nothing more than a luxe hydrate product and for that price I need more and I went through 2 tubs of this since May!