Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in Angelic Nude (beautiful pinky coral/peach). Color is lovely, packaging is feminine and gorgeous, ends up as a glossy and slightly moisturizing semi-sheer wash of color on the lips. This looks very nice when first applied, although I'll be the first to admit I'm not a huge partaker of lip colors in the coral/peach family (online swatch was somewhat misleading IMO).

The reason I will not be reaching for anymore of these is that the staying power is lacking in a serious way; these barely hang on for an hour, two max, with no liquids/food interference. I understand that this is the case with most glossy/hydrating lipsticks, which is why I won't give less than 3 lippies, but honey these are NOT cheap. If I can achieve the same staying power with a lipstick that costs like 1/3 the price, that's a sure sign these are a bit, erm, overpriced. I like to think of myself as a makeup connoisseur, and I do NOT mind shelling out extra if something is a step up from CG/Maybelline/Revlon, but this really isn't. It isn't a bad product by any means, and if you're taken with the color selection, you do you and pick these up, but when all was said and done I felt I basically paid for the name and packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I haven't heard very much about these lipsticks but I was scouring Ulta for an orangey-red lipstick and I came across this line.

I found the shade Poppy and purchased it based on the swatch. The color was perfect on my hand, red with a hint of orange and a very glossy, shiny looking finish. Luckily, that's exactly how it comes off on the lips as well and now I'm obsessed. I have gotten a few other colors, Tulip and Coral Blossom, which I love as well but Poppy remains my favorite (not just my favorite of this line but my favorite lipstick that I've EVER owned).

The formula of these is seriously great, they're extremely comfortable to wear. They are so lightweight that they feel more like a lip balm and are quite well pigmented. They are minty in smell and feel, exactly the same as the Tarte balm stains. I don't find that these last all day but with very light eating & drinking they last at least four hours on me, which is about average. I have chronically dry lips and these don't ever dry my lips out so wearing them even that long is a delight. Most lip products I wear, I end up wiping off and re-apply long before the four hour mark.

The packaging is absolutely adorable. Each one has a different floral design on the cardboard tube. I did worry that the tube being cardboard would allow them to dry out but they seal pretty airtight, there's a gratifying little *pop* when you pull the caps off. They're sturdy enough that I don't worry about it getting banged up in my purse or anything.

These are just... perfection. I will definitely be getting other shades.