Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Butter Lipstick

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Butter Lipstick

4.3

on 1/17/2018 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm more partial to glossy, hydrating formulations in lighter shades for the cooler months (for dark, I go matte), and my go-to since Winter 2015 has been Watermelon. It's a really festive shade that perks up my NC25 skin when it's bleak, and the packaging is a joy to look at, too. It's really versatile too - sometimes I use this shade to liven up browner/nude lipsticks by applying a smidgen in the middle, making a natural, gradient effect that's ultra-pretty. I recommend this to those who not only hate "cake face", but a "cake lip".

The wear time is so-so, but I definitely like this over drugstore formulations which can be too heavy, creamy, or waxy. Tarte as a brand, in general, wears nicely.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great during winter super cute colors

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love these lipsticks! I have the shades Watermelon, Plummy Rose, Golden Pink and Angelic Nude.

The very first thing that drew me into these lipsticks was the packaging - I saw them online and thought they were so cute and girly! I was excited when I got 4 of them as a gift. One thing I noticed right away was the minty smell, which I really love. Not many of the lipsticks in my collection have any kind of scent. Also, it gives you that cooling, minty feeling on your lips which is always awesome. On days when my lips were feeling very dry, I used to feel like I had to decide between wearing a lip balm to soothe my lips or suck it up and wear lipstick. With these, I don`t have to choose! They are SO moisturizing it's like having two products in one! I love that I can treat my dry lips and have fantastic looking colour all at the same time. Overall, I think this product is great and I will be purchasing more colours.

Rating: 3.5 lippies for Poppy ($19 CAD).

Texture: I really like the creamy texture which has colour payoff on bare lips. You can sheer it out really easily with some lip balm. I even did a Korean ombre lips look with it by swiping on more coats on the center of my lips.

Colour: It's described as a warm red and it makes my NC30/35 skin seem brighter in comparison. In some lights it has a coral tone to it. It's more a summer/spring shade, but I love it so much, I want to keep wearing it through fall.

Now, I have to give it 3.5 lippies because it's described a moisturising lipstick, but it has peppermint oil in it! Peppermint oil is actually a skin irritant and can cause your lips to become more chapped and dry, which is the complete opposite of what a moisturizing lipstick is supposed to do. When I tested it at Sephora, there was no indication of peppermint oil in the lipstick, i.e., no tingliness, which only appeared when I tried on my new tube. It really puzzles me why Tarte would put peppermint oil in a moisturising lipstick and for that, I have to dock 1.5 lippies because it makes no sense at all.