Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick

Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick

1 review

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I haven't heard very much about these lipsticks but I was scouring Ulta for an orangey-red lipstick and I came across this line.

I found the shade Poppy and purchased it based on the swatch. The color was perfect on my hand, red with a hint of orange and a very glossy, shiny looking finish. Luckily, that's exactly how it comes off on the lips as well and now I'm obsessed. I have gotten a few other colors, Tulip and Coral Blossom, which I love as well but Poppy remains my favorite (not just my favorite of this line but my favorite lipstick that I've EVER owned).

The formula of these is seriously great, they're extremely comfortable to wear. They are so lightweight that they feel more like a lip balm and are quite well pigmented. They are minty in smell and feel, exactly the same as the Tarte balm stains. I don't find that these last all day but with very light eating & drinking they last at least four hours on me, which is about average. I have chronically dry lips and these don't ever dry my lips out so wearing them even that long is a delight. Most lip products I wear, I end up wiping off and re-apply long before the four hour mark.

The packaging is absolutely adorable. Each one has a different floral design on the cardboard tube. I did worry that the tube being cardboard would allow them to dry out but they seal pretty airtight, there's a gratifying little *pop* when you pull the caps off. They're sturdy enough that I don't worry about it getting banged up in my purse or anything.

These are just... perfection. I will definitely be getting other shades.