Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Butter Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Butter Lipstick

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in Angelic Nude (beautiful pinky coral/peach). Color is lovely, packaging is feminine and gorgeous, ends up as a glossy and slightly moisturizing semi-sheer wash of color on the lips. This looks very nice when first applied, although I'll be the first to admit I'm not a huge partaker of lip colors in the coral/peach family (online swatch was somewhat misleading IMO).

The reason I will not be reaching for anymore of these is that the staying power is lacking in a serious way; these barely hang on for an hour, two max, with no liquids/food interference. I understand that this is the case with most glossy/hydrating lipsticks, which is why I won't give less than 3 lippies, but honey these are NOT cheap. If I can achieve the same staying power with a lipstick that costs like 1/3 the price, that's a sure sign these are a bit, erm, overpriced. I like to think of myself as a makeup connoisseur, and I do NOT mind shelling out extra if something is a step up from CG/Maybelline/Revlon, but this really isn't. It isn't a bad product by any means, and if you're taken with the color selection, you do you and pick these up, but when all was said and done I felt I basically paid for the name and packaging.

on 12/19/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought a 4 pack on QVC. These are lovely colors. I would say they are definitely neutral, making them wearable for most everyone. I really don't see how these are much different than Tartes other lip products other than they are in classic lipstick form. I was really hoping for a little more opacity. However, if you fill in your lips with a coordinating liner you will get more color and more shape. I am on the fence about keeping them. They weren't a bad price even if I'm not in love...maybe a definite like? I really could see me wearing these more in the summer when I go a little easier on the makeup....on the plus side they are very moisturizing.

on 3/5/2015 2:13:00 PM

I wasn't too sure about this at first, but I gave it a few weeks and I'm in love. I have this in Pink Peony, and it looks VERY natural but glossy on, pretty much just enhancing my natural lip color. The mint in it is very subtle, but feels nice. The lasting power isn't great but that's normal with everything else I've tried that's not a matte. I also like this because I can totally get away with not exfoliating my lips before applying. Will purchase again, totally my go to.