Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick

Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick

on 8/7/2016 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got the Christmas set 1. sangria (berry red) 2. punch (mauve pink) 3. mimosa (peachy nude)
4. bellini (golden pink). They are all pretty, versions of MLBB except sangria, which is the darkest of them all.

I like them. Colours are pretty. What I don't like about them is the longevity, which seems to be quite poor. eg. Bellini seems to sink into my lips and disappear within 30mins. The others are a little better, but not by much. They seem hydrating and moisturising enough.

Unfortunately because mine were mini (Tiny!) sizes, they all snapped! I paid almost $40.

For the price, I would actually recommend Revlon lip butters instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are awesome. I got a set of four of these lipsticks on QVC.com. On that website, they call this collection the "tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick Quad." Each shade is awesome and they glide on so wonderfully. The colors are gorgeous and flattering. The color stays on pretty well and they are moisturizing on the lips. Highly recommend.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this lipstick in the shade Watermelon. This color is almost identical to the infamous YSL RPC in Rosy Coral (#52), but less bright. It has great coverage and opacity for such a thin, light formula. Although it has peppermint oil, the butters counteract any irritation or dryness. It's very moisturizing and comfortable on my super dry lips and has a glossy/balmy finish which I love for causal days. It doesn't last a long time on the lips, but I don't mind reapplying because it feels nice. The paper tube is cute, but not very sturdy. The price is a bit steep for the packaging, but the shade and formula makes it worthwhile.

on 12/19/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought a 4 pack on QVC. These are lovely colors. I would say they are definitely neutral, making them wearable for most everyone. I really don't see how these are much different than Tartes other lip products other than they are in classic lipstick form. I was really hoping for a little more opacity. However, if you fill in your lips with a coordinating liner you will get more color and more shape. I am on the fence about keeping them. They weren't a bad price even if I'm not in love...maybe a definite like? I really could see me wearing these more in the summer when I go a little easier on the makeup....on the plus side they are very moisturizing.

on 11/23/2015 3:42:00 AM

I adore these lipsticks and have several shades. After years of searching, I have also found my HG colour - WATERMELON.

on 3/5/2015 2:13:00 PM

I wasn't too sure about this at first, but I gave it a few weeks and I'm in love. I have this in Pink Peony, and it looks VERY natural but glossy on, pretty much just enhancing my natural lip color. The mint in it is very subtle, but feels nice. The lasting power isn't great but that's normal with everything else I've tried that's not a matte. I also like this because I can totally get away with not exfoliating my lips before applying. Will purchase again, totally my go to.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great during winter super cute colors

on 1/26/2015 10:42:00 PM

Doesn't apply very well, quite drying. Plus it had this weird minty tingle/scent that I wasn't expecting.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love these lipsticks! I have the shades Watermelon, Plummy Rose, Golden Pink and Angelic Nude.

The very first thing that drew me into these lipsticks was the packaging - I saw them online and thought they were so cute and girly! I was excited when I got 4 of them as a gift. One thing I noticed right away was the minty smell, which I really love. Not many of the lipsticks in my collection have any kind of scent. Also, it gives you that cooling, minty feeling on your lips which is always awesome. On days when my lips were feeling very dry, I used to feel like I had to decide between wearing a lip balm to soothe my lips or suck it up and wear lipstick. With these, I don`t have to choose! They are SO moisturizing it's like having two products in one! I love that I can treat my dry lips and have fantastic looking colour all at the same time. Overall, I think this product is great and I will be purchasing more colours.

on 12/18/2014 6:02:00 AM

Bought Candy Red. No staying power at all, sank into my lips and disappeared. Color is pretty but formula is awful. Cardboard tube is even thinner than Stila's old cardboard tubes. I'll possibly try a Glamazon lipstick. I'm looking for a good quality long lasting opaque lipstick. Loved Gelato by Bare Minerals but they discontinued it.