Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick

Filtered by age: 36-43
Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this lipstick in the shade Watermelon. This color is almost identical to the infamous YSL RPC in Rosy Coral (#52), but less bright. It has great coverage and opacity for such a thin, light formula. Although it has peppermint oil, the butters counteract any irritation or dryness. It's very moisturizing and comfortable on my super dry lips and has a glossy/balmy finish which I love for causal days. It doesn't last a long time on the lips, but I don't mind reapplying because it feels nice. The paper tube is cute, but not very sturdy. The price is a bit steep for the packaging, but the shade and formula makes it worthwhile.

on 12/19/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought a 4 pack on QVC. These are lovely colors. I would say they are definitely neutral, making them wearable for most everyone. I really don't see how these are much different than Tartes other lip products other than they are in classic lipstick form. I was really hoping for a little more opacity. However, if you fill in your lips with a coordinating liner you will get more color and more shape. I am on the fence about keeping them. They weren't a bad price even if I'm not in love...maybe a definite like? I really could see me wearing these more in the summer when I go a little easier on the makeup....on the plus side they are very moisturizing.

Popular Lipsticks