Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick

Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick

4.3

on 8/7/2016 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got the Christmas set 1. sangria (berry red) 2. punch (mauve pink) 3. mimosa (peachy nude)
4. bellini (golden pink). They are all pretty, versions of MLBB except sangria, which is the darkest of them all.

I like them. Colours are pretty. What I don't like about them is the longevity, which seems to be quite poor. eg. Bellini seems to sink into my lips and disappear within 30mins. The others are a little better, but not by much. They seem hydrating and moisturising enough.

Unfortunately because mine were mini (Tiny!) sizes, they all snapped! I paid almost $40.

For the price, I would actually recommend Revlon lip butters instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great during winter super cute colors

on 10/27/2014 10:56:00 PM

I was playing with these at Ulta because the packaging was so pretty. When I picked up the Poppy shade, I tried it on and showed my mom who gave me the thumbs up. If your mom, who hates makeup, gives you the thumbs up on a lippie, then you're good. I didn't buy it immediately, hoping to find a similar shade in drugstore, but to no avail. I bought it today and it is the most fantastic shade on my skin and will really dress up my face through fall and winter when I have the blahs. It's perky without being overbearing and the texture is really nice, not waxy. I just hate that their is a minty oil in it. One reviewer said peppermint. Peppermint, menthol, it doesn't matter -- they dry out lips. So I'm hoping it doesn't become a problem because I LOVE the color.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I haven't heard very much about these lipsticks but I was scouring Ulta for an orangey-red lipstick and I came across this line.

I found the shade Poppy and purchased it based on the swatch. The color was perfect on my hand, red with a hint of orange and a very glossy, shiny looking finish. Luckily, that's exactly how it comes off on the lips as well and now I'm obsessed. I have gotten a few other colors, Tulip and Coral Blossom, which I love as well but Poppy remains my favorite (not just my favorite of this line but my favorite lipstick that I've EVER owned).

The formula of these is seriously great, they're extremely comfortable to wear. They are so lightweight that they feel more like a lip balm and are quite well pigmented. They are minty in smell and feel, exactly the same as the Tarte balm stains. I don't find that these last all day but with very light eating & drinking they last at least four hours on me, which is about average. I have chronically dry lips and these don't ever dry my lips out so wearing them even that long is a delight. Most lip products I wear, I end up wiping off and re-apply long before the four hour mark.

The packaging is absolutely adorable. Each one has a different floral design on the cardboard tube. I did worry that the tube being cardboard would allow them to dry out but they seal pretty airtight, there's a gratifying little *pop* when you pull the caps off. They're sturdy enough that I don't worry about it getting banged up in my purse or anything.

These are just... perfection. I will definitely be getting other shades.

Popular Lipsticks