L'Oreal Boost It Blow Out Heat Spray

L'Oreal Boost It Blow Out Heat Spray

2.7

on 3/18/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this stuff! I bought it to prevent the hot iron from burning my hair, but I am more sold on the fact, that after spraying on my wet hair and then blow drying, my hair feels so much fuller. I have very fine, limp hair. This stuff really helps to give me much needed volume. Thanks L'oreal!!

on 2/21/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't have this long, so take my review with a grain of salt. I got both this and the flat spray, just to use when I do heat treat my hair, which is extremely rare. Previously I used a small size of the Nexxus heat protex that someone gave me, but I couldn't find it in store and didn't want to pay a lot since I really use it only a few times a year. So I grabbed these because of the ok reviews and also the price. I do love the packaging, as far as the spray and how it locks. That's neat. Though the bottle is a bit excessive in the plastic covering.

I tried this once on half my hair with the other one on the other half, just to see how it felt without heat. Both seemed to feel ok. I didn't over do it but I specifically wanted a spray instead of a creme or serum because I didn't want to feel it there. Both smelled ok.

In the end, I felt like I really didn't need two and the flat iron one seemed a bit lighter. I also found I break out to propylene glycol and this had it in there (most people don't, so don't worry about that part) and even though it usually doesn't matter for hair products, I decided to return this one.

So again, I only used it once without heat. I just preferred the other one but I'm not a serious heat styler so if you are, I'm sure there are higher end products out there that are better, and even the Sleek It version seems better according to what I've experienced and the reviews.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought I'd venture out of my comfort zone when it came time to replace my usual Tresemme heat protecting spray...boy, that was a mistake.

I'm not sure what's in this stuff, but it makes your hair feel thick and almost waxy when you use it. Even when blow-drying, it's hard to run my fingers through my hair when I have sprayed this stuff in it.

In an effort to use up what I have, I've still been using this, but sparingly. I wonder if that's the trick with this product...a single squirt or two per side of the head, and that's that? As I've been limiting the number of sprays on my damp hair, I've been getting better results (less tackiness), but I wonder if I'm even truly protecting my hair at all because I'm using so little? Because of the tackiness, I've only ever tried using this when blow-drying....I've not been using any protectant at all when straightening or curling my hair; I feel like my hair would be crispy afterwards!

Either way, I'll be going back to Tresemme when this is gone.

I thought this was going to be the best thing ever but it was seriously terrible. This made my scalp itch like no other. My hair is normally naturally smooth and not frizzy but after I blow dried my hair looked as if I had been out in super humid weather. I threw it away after the first use.

on 4/27/2014 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This leaves my fine hair feeling tacky and coated. I couldn't run my fingers through my hair without snagging, and this was during blow dry styling. It was no better once dry. My hair felt dirty. It did not really weigh down hair at all. This was a bit similar to some spray waxes I've used. I think it would be ok if you are going for a more bed-head type of look.
I agree with one reviewer below, and will also continue to use L'Oreal's volume filler blow dry gelee. It doesn't leave hair stiff or weighed down, but leaves a high gloss healthy look to hair.

on 4/24/2014 4:50:00 PM

This stuff is great! I used to use Aveda's Damage Remedy spray for a lightweight heat protectant, but it was so expensive. I'm glad I found this product. For reference, my hair is very fine, straight, and oily, so almost everything weighs it down. But this spray does not! It actually gives my hair volume! Most products that claim to give volume just make my hair feel dirty and weighed down. But this spray is absolutely weightless. I definitely recommend it for people with fine and/or oily hair. It probably won't work well for people with curly, coarse, or frizzy hair.

on 4/24/2014 4:17:00 PM

Maybe this product just isn't for my hair type, because I don't feel it adds any volume at all. In fact, it makes my hair dry and hard to style, almost sticky at first, and it makes my split-ends and frizzies much more prominent. I've used it 6xs now because I wanted to be sure that it didn't work for me, I am now positive that I hate it and never want to try it again. I'm going to stick with the Volume Filler Densifying Gelee which for me provides awesome volume without making my hair look more damaged.