Clairol Herbal Essences Moroccan Me A Miracle 7 In 1 Serum

Clairol Herbal Essences Moroccan Me A Miracle 7 In 1 Serum

4.8

on 8/16/2016 5:43:00 AM

UPDATE: I have now switched over to a moisture replenisher because it is much more effective at making my hair soft and tame than an oil-based serum so I am no longer using this product.

I bought this on the whim because I thought it was priced pretty well when I saw the bottle, looked at the 7-in-1 benefits, and thought, 'Why not?' because my hair could always use a serum to make it healthier and better and this one sounded REALLY GOOD and I have never used a serum before.

The best use of this serum is probably during the day right before you use your hair curling iron. This serum is INCREDIBLE at nourishing your hair again (probably because it's an oil-based treatment). This would probably be the first product you put in your hair before your mousse, heat protectant spray, and hairspray before curling.

It also works INCREDIBLY WELL on DRY HAIR and the reason I know this is because I use this serum at the end of the night before I sleep to help replenish my hair only because I wanted to leave a hair serum to soak overnight in my hair to make it healthier. Every day, I iron my hair to create volume so it gets dry and frizzy (even though I do put in other products to try and lessen the damage). At the end of the day, though, I know I'm still 'frying' my hair so I use this hair serum every once in awhile. I basically push a couple pumps into my hand and then run it through my dry, end-of-the-day, tussled, volumized hair that is severely winding down after 24 hours. Then I take my wet comb and brush it evenly throughout my entire head by flipping my hair forward and working from the roots to the end as well as flipping my hair sideways and working through the roots to end there and then the other side again and everywhere else I missed combing. THE EFFECT IS AMAZING! Not only does the oil make my hair feel softer and shinier and feels great, but I can see this serum adds to the STYLE of my hair (I imagine using a few dabs of this serum ALONE during the day to your wavy hair can do wonders, but *only if you have THICK hair*. I have THIN, FINE hair and using this during the day makes it even FLATTER. It won't make it flatter IF you use a curling iron with it). Then I put my hair up in a bun or braids or ponytail (whatever is your preference), go to sleep, and when I wake up in the morning, I have beautiful, naturally, wavy hair. Seeing as this is NOT a volumizing product, it will get flat during the day if you have thin, fine hair like me AND the frizz will come out from having your head toss and turn all night. Use a curling iron to create a little bit more volume at the top of your head (don't forget to use anti-frizz, heat protectant spray first!), curl some pieces, spritz some volumizing hairspray all over, and you're good to go!

I stock up on this when I see it on sale! That's pretty much the only time I'll buy it. It's pretty great stuff though. Smells great, and actually works! Doesn't weigh hair down, adds shine, detangles, calms frizz. You don't need much, so it does seem to last a long time. Pretty awesome for being so inexpensive!

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Has a delicious grape/ish kind of scent! I concentrate this mostly at the ends of my hair and use whatever is left on my hands to do the top, Makes hair nice and soft!

on 4/15/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have pretty thick hair, and I'm growing it out so the ends aren't fabulously well-trimmed. I use two (more or less depending on how my hair is that day) pumps on my hair after blow-drying/straightening/curling my hair, and it makes it super soft and shiny!! More importantly, it doesn't make it greasy faster, which is the main reason I usually stay away from hair products. I will be repurchasing this!!!

on 8/20/2014 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I started using this after my mum brought it home to try it out. She suggested that since I have thicker hair, it should help manage it. I have extremely thick, dry wavey hair, and I've used so many oils and sprays that might help manage it. Most of them only worked on the top layer of hair, and left a greasy feel (sometimes not right away, but a day later I'd wake up to stringy glossy hair). This AMAZING serum practically transformed my hair (I'm not joking!).

After showers, my hair would dry into a big hay-like puff ball. To prevent that I just slab on a few pumps (it suggests one or two, but with hair like mine, I usually use about 5 for my entire hair, which means one or two pumps PER section) and l can literally feel the difference in my hair even though it's still wet. I do brush my hair lightly after putting the serum on, to make sure it spreads evenly, and it helps my hair stay smooth, extremely soft, shiny, and non-greasy (not to mention tangled free) until the next shower. Although the smell of the product is strong, I personally love it (sort of reminds me of grapes) and it doesn't stay for too long. I seriously recommend this to any one with thick dry hair. Would definitely re-purchase.

I've used this product twice and I am in LOVE! I've never used a serum for my hair that actually does what it says but doesn't make my hair feel heavy and oily like other serums I have tried. My dry, damaged hair feels smooth and alive! Also, it smells great!!! Highly recommended!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Good smell, hair is smoother, shinier, and more manageable. Makes my hair a texture besides the usual stringy from humidity; having naturally straight fine hair. Soft, instead of tangly.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this because my hair was rather dry. I planed to use it while straightening my hair and I must say , it was well worth the buy. My hair is shining and smooth and I love it!

on 4/24/2014 10:17:00 AM

I got this because I have started to blow-dry my hair and it was getting a bit scraggly-feeling. I don't normally use hair products but I chose this one because it was cheap. I was half expecting it to make my hair seem greasy but I was actually really happy with it. The pump puts out a perfect amount, not too much, and with two pumps on my shortish-but-thick hair doesn't make it look at all greasy. It looks largely the same, but soft, a bit shinier.

I was also expecting it to feel dirtier sooner, as I typically only wash my hair twice a week so I really notice product in my hair the next day. Nope! Still perfect. So yeah, I definitely recommend this stuff. I don't love the smell but that's just personal preference and it fades pretty quickly.

Popular Styling Products