Catrice Prime And Fine Mattifying Powder Waterproof

Catrice Prime And Fine Mattifying Powder Waterproof

4.5

TALC, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONOL, ASCORBYL TETRAISOPALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77491, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES).

on 4/21/2018 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$7.99 Made in Italy
Description on Ulta website:
Matte strength! The Catrice Prime & Fine Waterproof Mattifying Powder withstands humidity and mattifies your skin for hours. The delicate transparent formula enriched with vitamins A and E ensures a flawless, mattified and refined complexion. The transparent color adapts to every skin tone. Thanks to the integrated mirror, it is a true must-have when you're on the go! Not tested on animals.

There really isn't much to add to this review that has not already been covered in other reviews below. For $7.99 this is a steal. A STEAL! It is finely milled and if this was in high end packaging it could easily pass for a high end item. It is translucent but has no white cast at all. In the compact it has a little color, very slight yellow with a tingle of peach. This is so a really lovely powder and one of the best I've ever used for setting concealer. It also works well for foundation. I usually use Laura Mercier loose power to set foundation usually but this Catrice and Charlotte Tilbury are my choices for pressed powders. There is no applicator so I keep a small powder puff in my makeup bag because I always carry one of the Catrice in my purse. I stopped carrying expensive pressed powders in my purse because they get broken too easily. I don't care if a 7.99 Catrice breaks but with pricey Chantecaille, T. LeClerc or Charlotte Tilbury, I do care.

It does mattify but doesn't look powdery or cakey. It gives such a nice, flawless, airbrushed look. I only have an oily t-zone so I can't really address how good it is for absorbing oil and making you stay matte all day, because I prefer a dewy finish and usually use my homemade setting spray or Milani Make it Last to take away any matte or powdery look, but it does nicely take care my oily t-zone when I am out and about and need a touch up in that area.

The packaging is typical drugstore as far as looks go but.... it is surprisingly nice and heavy and sturdy with an excellent quality mirror. If they could have just left the writing off the top it would look fairly nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and this powder keeps me Matt for about 1 hour. Thats not very long. What I like is that is not cakey at all. Its very translucent and that is a big advantage!! But I Dont use this anymore because I have better powders.

Wow, the best powder I've tried. I have super oily cheeks with large pores. Since buying this product, I have had no need to use my super expensive Becca Mattifying Primer during the day to touch up my oily spots. The packaging on this is super sleek and very sturdy. It's only $8.00!! The only negative thing I have to say is that it's not translucent, so if you have darker skin, it will show up as white.

on 6/28/2017 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

I was packing for a short trip and could not find my Recently acquired Chanel compact! I hate spending big $$ on something and then losing it! I do rely on a good mattifying powder compact several times a day, and wasn't sure my Chanel was lost for good. So off I went to Ulta to look for an inexpensive (i.e. under $10.00) compact. It needed to have a mirror, and have enough room for a small "puff" or Swissper. I found this Catrice compact and bought it in Transparent. It is slim, but of a good diameter. The mirror was much BETTER than my Chanel one had been, because it opened up flat, for much better viewing. The product itself is excellent. It controls shine, veils discolorations, and is fragrance free. Frankly, I liked it better than my Chanel one. Except that the Chanel one is so elegant, and I am a sucker for packaging.

When I came home from my trip I found the Chanel, hiding behind my bathroom wastebasket!
That is the one I will carry with me, but I may actually end up using the Catrice more!

on 4/24/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Broke me out; dont know why.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Grabbed this from Ulta while traveling after I decided my beloved Coty Airspun was too big to lug around.

And I have to say, it's decent. Not my new HG however I am not disappointed. The color is pale enough for me (huge plus) and leans warm. It *does* do a great job keeping me matte and setting my make up. It seems to have a refining effect applied over my foundation. Plus, no awful white cast like silica powders have.

I think for the average person (normal - oily - slightly dry) this would be great. But I still prefer the Coty because I am SUPER oily and prefer the heavier coverage.

My first HG powder! Would mostly recommend to people with dry, normal, combo and SLIGHTLY oily skin (people with very oily skin would have to powder throughout the day)
Reasons why I like it:
1) Looks SO SMOOTH and translucent on the skin, like you are not wearing any powder, like it's your actual skin.
2) Very affordable.
3) The packaging is very sturdy and travel-friendly, to me also looks more expensive.
4) The mirror is so good for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This incredibly high-quality and finely-milled mattifying powder has not only solved my persistent “shiny face” problems – especially my awkwardly pore-ridden forehead - but it has completely changed my makeup application routine. I cannot believe how much more durable and flattering my makeup has become since finding this little gem and changing the order in which I apply my foundation before doing my eyes, brows, contour, etc.

Since the translucent version seemed to look “whiteish” even on my pale NW25 skin, I switched up my application order and press this Catrice powder on FIRST (using a classic fabric powder puff) over my liquid foundation and concealer in my T-zone before moving on to anything else. I follow it up with a big brush of my Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre powder all over – which I had formerly used as a final step “finishing” powder – to color-correct and soothe the finish.

Then I add any powdered color modifications on top: contour, highlight, blush, shadows, over the face powder. This allows me to control the exact shade of these; the face powder will not change them. And the wonderful Catrice Prime+Fine Mattifying powder is at work locking in the shine underneath.

The final result is the complexion I’ve always wanted.

I love this stuff. It is much too hard to find. Ulta might have it in the USA; I find it sometimes in Europe or on Ebay. Best deal anywhere, no matter what.

on 10/28/2016 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG setting powder. I own Dior, Bobbi Brown, TheBalm, Laura Mercier but this powder is the best for me! Great quality, great price and also the packaging is very decent and had a big mirror. It's very mattifying without looking cakey. The color is very pale but not white. A light rose-yellow-white color. I still can't believe this cheap powder is the best.

on 8/8/2016 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I prefer to use this powder with a damp foundation sponge to get the most natural look. If I use a powder brush it can look very dry, though my skin is quite oily. It can make the foundation on my nose look a bit cakey.

I use the shade translucent, I'm not sure if there are other shades available. This works fine on my very fair skin, though I'd be hesitant to advise this for anyone with a deeper skin tone as it might look ashy. I don't entirely believe that it is translucent.

The consistency is fairly smooth for a powder, though not creamy. It is less powdery than the Essence All About Matt compact powder. Longevity is pretty darn good on my oily skin. It gets me through a nice 3 to 4 hours with zero blotting before oil starts to break through around my nose. I don't seem to experience oil meltdown, which is nice. It feels pretty light on the skin. I get better results with loose finishing powders, but the compact is great for travel and touch-ups. The packaging is sturdy.

As far as waterproof, I dunno. I haven't really put it to a test, though it did hold up well enough during some very hot and humid weather and used over a sun screen and foundation.

I'll keep this in my regular rotation and in my purse. I wouldn't say I'm wowed because I would like something with a slightly less dry feel to it, but I would most likely repurchase.

I do not recommend this for anyone with particularly dry skin. Anyone with normal to very oily skin should definitely give it a try.