Catrice Prime And Fine Mattifying Powder Waterproof

Catrice Prime And Fine Mattifying Powder Waterproof

4.5

TALC, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONOL, ASCORBYL TETRAISOPALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77491, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES).

on 6/28/2017 11:15:00 AM

I was packing for a short trip and could not find my Recently acquired Chanel compact! I hate spending big $$ on something and then losing it! I do rely on a good mattifying powder compact several times a day, and wasn't sure my Chanel was lost for good. So off I went to Ulta to look for an inexpensive (i.e. under $10.00) compact. It needed to have a mirror, and have enough room for a small "puff" or Swissper. I found this Catrice compact and bought it in Transparent. It is slim, but of a good diameter. The mirror was much BETTER than my Chanel one had been, because it opened up flat, for much better viewing. The product itself is excellent. It controls shine, veils discolorations, and is fragrance free. Frankly, I liked it better than my Chanel one. Except that the Chanel one is so elegant, and I am a sucker for packaging.

When I came home from my trip I found the Chanel, hiding behind my bathroom wastebasket!
That is the one I will carry with me, but I may actually end up using the Catrice more!

on 4/24/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Broke me out; dont know why.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Grabbed this from Ulta while traveling after I decided my beloved Coty Airspun was too big to lug around.

And I have to say, it's decent. Not my new HG however I am not disappointed. The color is pale enough for me (huge plus) and leans warm. It *does* do a great job keeping me matte and setting my make up. It seems to have a refining effect applied over my foundation. Plus, no awful white cast like silica powders have.

I think for the average person (normal - oily - slightly dry) this would be great. But I still prefer the Coty because I am SUPER oily and prefer the heavier coverage.

My first HG powder! Would mostly recommend to people with dry, normal, combo and SLIGHTLY oily skin (people with very oily skin would have to powder throughout the day)
Reasons why I like it:
1) Looks SO SMOOTH and translucent on the skin, like you are not wearing any powder, like it's your actual skin.
2) Very affordable.
3) The packaging is very sturdy and travel-friendly, to me also looks more expensive.
4) The mirror is so good for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This incredibly high-quality and finely-milled mattifying powder has not only solved my persistent “shiny face” problems – especially my awkwardly pore-ridden forehead - but it has completely changed my makeup application routine. I cannot believe how much more durable and flattering my makeup has become since finding this little gem and changing the order in which I apply my foundation before doing my eyes, brows, contour, etc.

Since the translucent version seemed to look “whiteish” even on my pale NW25 skin, I switched up my application order and press this Catrice powder on FIRST (using a classic fabric powder puff) over my liquid foundation and concealer in my T-zone before moving on to anything else. I follow it up with a big brush of my Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre powder all over – which I had formerly used as a final step “finishing” powder – to color-correct and soothe the finish.

Then I add any powdered color modifications on top: contour, highlight, blush, shadows, over the face powder. This allows me to control the exact shade of these; the face powder will not change them. And the wonderful Catrice Prime+Fine Mattifying powder is at work locking in the shine underneath.

The final result is the complexion I’ve always wanted.

I love this stuff. It is much too hard to find. Ulta might have it in the USA; I find it sometimes in Europe or on Ebay. Best deal anywhere, no matter what.

on 10/28/2016 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG setting powder. I own Dior, Bobbi Brown, TheBalm, Laura Mercier but this powder is the best for me! Great quality, great price and also the packaging is very decent and had a big mirror. It's very mattifying without looking cakey. The color is very pale but not white. A light rose-yellow-white color. I still can't believe this cheap powder is the best.

on 8/8/2016 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I prefer to use this powder with a damp foundation sponge to get the most natural look. If I use a powder brush it can look very dry, though my skin is quite oily. It can make the foundation on my nose look a bit cakey.

I use the shade translucent, I'm not sure if there are other shades available. This works fine on my very fair skin, though I'd be hesitant to advise this for anyone with a deeper skin tone as it might look ashy. I don't entirely believe that it is translucent.

The consistency is fairly smooth for a powder, though not creamy. It is less powdery than the Essence All About Matt compact powder. Longevity is pretty darn good on my oily skin. It gets me through a nice 3 to 4 hours with zero blotting before oil starts to break through around my nose. I don't seem to experience oil meltdown, which is nice. It feels pretty light on the skin. I get better results with loose finishing powders, but the compact is great for travel and touch-ups. The packaging is sturdy.

As far as waterproof, I dunno. I haven't really put it to a test, though it did hold up well enough during some very hot and humid weather and used over a sun screen and foundation.

I'll keep this in my regular rotation and in my purse. I wouldn't say I'm wowed because I would like something with a slightly less dry feel to it, but I would most likely repurchase.

I do not recommend this for anyone with particularly dry skin. Anyone with normal to very oily skin should definitely give it a try.

on 8/3/2016 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Hmmm so I really really do love this powder a lot, and I will definitely repurchase it once I run out, but I love it for very different reasons from other previous reviewers. I don't think this powder is that good at mattifying and keeping my face matte not for even 2 hours, let alone all day. But granted, I live where the humidity is often over 80% and the average temperature is 26+++ Celsius, I don't expect much from any "mattifying powder". It doesn't even set my makeup that well, since it can't fight off the humidity and my oil slick of face very well, after 3 hours I can already see my foundation breaking up on oily places like my nose, forehead and on the sides of my nose, and it accentuates my pores pretty badly. It doesn't even work well as a touch up powder for the same reason.
But I still love it for one thing that it does REALLY, really well, and that is setting my concealer, particularly my under eye, and even on blemishes. There's just something about it that hold down my concealer so well. It makes even the more crease-prone concealer works, it just sets it, the concealer doesn't move, doesn't budge, doesn't crease and it stays all day looking FLAWLESS and I mean it. My under eye are so smooth it looks like Photoshop in real life. I don't produce a lot of oil in that area, I don't have many fine lines, but I have some wickedly dark veins going on under there, I can look quite sick. This adds only a tiny bit of coverage there, I can definitely see it on the skin, but it's neither thick or cakey, it's just ridiculously perfect smooth skin. I absolutely love it.
So if you're oily like me (I'm actually combination, I have dry patches but my oil slicks are still a real piece of work) and bought this powder in hope it'd mattify your skin but unfortunately was left disappointed, try it for setting your under eye concealer. Hope this review helps.
FYI I bought this on recommendation from Siobhan from LetzMakeup on Youtube, she raves and raves about it for setting concealer for years and I just couldn't hold it any more. The only actual surprise I got when I bought this powder was the colour. On camera it looked very close to her skin tone, which she described as slightly yellow-leaning neutral, but in real life, for my skin tone, this powder is so PINK. If you're Asian, have strong yellow undertone, with little to no warmth to your skin, with a subtle but present olive undertone (which makes me look grey, cold and dead, admittedly), it will clash badly with your skin tone. That's also a reason why I don't like to use it on large area of my face. But since my under eye are dark, and blemishes once covered up with concealer tend to look a bit grey, I only like to use this powder on those spots.
I bought this last November and I have made a serious dent in it so far, which is quite impressive considering I mainly use it on small areas, but then again, for daily makeup, for base I just slap on some under eye concealer and call it a day. Also love the compact, it's actually compact, with no extra compartment for an useless sponge, nice, sleek and sturdy plastic that holds up pretty well. I have travelled with it before and it got through being tossed around quite roughly in my makeup bag without issues, no cracked powder or loosen lid or anything. I've had for nealy 9 months and the writing hasn't rubbed off one bit. It still look shiny and new. The mirror included is great, big enough for me to do my makeup on the go, which is more than I can say for many other powder compact.
Over all, it's not what Catrice intended it for, but I enjoy it.
If you're looking for a good mattifying powder, I recommend the Coty Airspun. That stuffs is some serious business.

Really pleased about this powder. Does a very good job and is very affordable. Love it!

on 4/14/2016 12:09:00 PM

i love this powder as a primer. i apply with a small brush all over, esp over the eyelids, and anything i put on after, stays there all day.

this doesn't have a smell. has never irritated or clogged my skin.

one compact lasts about 6-8 months with daily use.