Catrice Prime And Fine Mattifying Powder Waterproof

Catrice Prime And Fine Mattifying Powder Waterproof
Prime And Fine Mattifying Powder Waterproof

4.5

TALC, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONOL, ASCORBYL TETRAISOPALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77491, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES).

My skin is very oily and this powder kept my skin matte for about an hour. I wouldn’t describe this as an oil-absorbing, matifying powder because for people who actually have oily skin it’s not. In my opinion, it’s a great setting powder even for under eyes. I have the loose setting powders from KVD and Laura Mercier and it’s extremely similar to them. Overall, this is a great powder for people with dry, normal or combo skin but if you have very oily skin and you need a good matifying powder probably you won’t be amazed by this.

on 5/9/2018 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this powder to set my undereye concealer & it works perfectly for that purpose. If I've ever noticed it looking cakey, it's because I either applied WAY to much, or because I didn't give my concealer a second to dry down and just went in right over the top with powder. I'm impressed with the packaging too. It's quite sturdy & has a mirror on the top, so if you take your powder with you on the go this could be a great choice. You'd just have to take a retractable brush or something also, as it doesn't come with a little brush or sponge, which I'm glad about since I never use those anyway.

on 4/21/2018 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$7.99 Made in Italy
Description on Ulta website:
Matte strength! The Catrice Prime & Fine Waterproof Mattifying Powder withstands humidity and mattifies your skin for hours. The delicate transparent formula enriched with vitamins A and E ensures a flawless, mattified and refined complexion. The transparent color adapts to every skin tone. Thanks to the integrated mirror, it is a true must-have when you're on the go! Not tested on animals.

There really isn't much to add to this review that has not already been covered in other reviews below. For $7.99 this is a steal. A STEAL! It is finely milled and if this was in high end packaging it could easily pass for a high end item. It is translucent but has no white cast at all. In the compact it has a little color, very slight yellow with a tingle of peach. This is so a really lovely powder and one of the best I've ever used for setting concealer. It also works well for foundation. I usually use Laura Mercier loose power to set foundation usually but this Catrice and Charlotte Tilbury are my choices for pressed powders. There is no applicator so I keep a small powder puff in my makeup bag because I always carry one of the Catrice in my purse. I stopped carrying expensive pressed powders in my purse because they get broken too easily. I don't care if a 7.99 Catrice breaks but with pricey Chantecaille, T. LeClerc or Charlotte Tilbury, I do care.

It does mattify but doesn't look powdery or cakey. It gives such a nice, flawless, airbrushed look. I only have an oily t-zone so I can't really address how good it is for absorbing oil and making you stay matte all day, because I prefer a dewy finish and usually use my homemade setting spray or Milani Make it Last to take away any matte or powdery look, but it does nicely take care my oily t-zone when I am out and about and need a touch up in that area.

The packaging is typical drugstore as far as looks go but.... it is surprisingly nice and heavy and sturdy with an excellent quality mirror. If they could have just left the writing off the top it would look fairly nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and this powder keeps me Matt for about 1 hour. Thats not very long. What I like is that is not cakey at all. Its very translucent and that is a big advantage!! But I Dont use this anymore because I have better powders.

Wow, the best powder I've tried. I have super oily cheeks with large pores. Since buying this product, I have had no need to use my super expensive Becca Mattifying Primer during the day to touch up my oily spots. The packaging on this is super sleek and very sturdy. It's only $8.00!! The only negative thing I have to say is that it's not translucent, so if you have darker skin, it will show up as white.

on 6/28/2017 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

I was packing for a short trip and could not find my Recently acquired Chanel compact! I hate spending big $$ on something and then losing it! I do rely on a good mattifying powder compact several times a day, and wasn't sure my Chanel was lost for good. So off I went to Ulta to look for an inexpensive (i.e. under $10.00) compact. It needed to have a mirror, and have enough room for a small "puff" or Swissper. I found this Catrice compact and bought it in Transparent. It is slim, but of a good diameter. The mirror was much BETTER than my Chanel one had been, because it opened up flat, for much better viewing. The product itself is excellent. It controls shine, veils discolorations, and is fragrance free. Frankly, I liked it better than my Chanel one. Except that the Chanel one is so elegant, and I am a sucker for packaging.

When I came home from my trip I found the Chanel, hiding behind my bathroom wastebasket!
That is the one I will carry with me, but I may actually end up using the Catrice more!

on 4/24/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Broke me out; dont know why.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Grabbed this from Ulta while traveling after I decided my beloved Coty Airspun was too big to lug around.

And I have to say, it's decent. Not my new HG however I am not disappointed. The color is pale enough for me (huge plus) and leans warm. It *does* do a great job keeping me matte and setting my make up. It seems to have a refining effect applied over my foundation. Plus, no awful white cast like silica powders have.

I think for the average person (normal - oily - slightly dry) this would be great. But I still prefer the Coty because I am SUPER oily and prefer the heavier coverage.

My first HG powder! Would mostly recommend to people with dry, normal, combo and SLIGHTLY oily skin (people with very oily skin would have to powder throughout the day)
Reasons why I like it:
1) Looks SO SMOOTH and translucent on the skin, like you are not wearing any powder, like it's your actual skin.
2) Very affordable.
3) The packaging is very sturdy and travel-friendly, to me also looks more expensive.
4) The mirror is so good for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This incredibly high-quality and finely-milled mattifying powder has not only solved my persistent “shiny face” problems – especially my awkwardly pore-ridden forehead - but it has completely changed my makeup application routine. I cannot believe how much more durable and flattering my makeup has become since finding this little gem and changing the order in which I apply my foundation before doing my eyes, brows, contour, etc.

Since the translucent version seemed to look “whiteish” even on my pale NW25 skin, I switched up my application order and press this Catrice powder on FIRST (using a classic fabric powder puff) over my liquid foundation and concealer in my T-zone before moving on to anything else. I follow it up with a big brush of my Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre powder all over – which I had formerly used as a final step “finishing” powder – to color-correct and soothe the finish.

Then I add any powdered color modifications on top: contour, highlight, blush, shadows, over the face powder. This allows me to control the exact shade of these; the face powder will not change them. And the wonderful Catrice Prime+Fine Mattifying powder is at work locking in the shine underneath.

The final result is the complexion I’ve always wanted.

I love this stuff. It is much too hard to find. Ulta might have it in the USA; I find it sometimes in Europe or on Ebay. Best deal anywhere, no matter what.