3.0

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Skin Concerns : Dehydrated cheeks, chin and forehead. Flakes on chin. Looking for: Hydrators. I'm a huge fan of P50 and Masque Vernix- though there are better things for the price on the latter, and thought a cleanser would be good to add to my regimen from them. Even with my friends- BR reps- telling me it wasnt worth while, i still bought a travel sized bottle. I like this in conjunction with a drying cleanser- IS Complex resurfacing cleanser comes to mind, but alone, it's not worth it at all. It doesnt give me anymore noticable hydration than Cerave, in fact I think it gives less, and the bottle foolish. All in all I'd say you are better off buying Cerave and sticking it in a pretty bottle rather than going with this.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

1.0

3 years ago

Like a lot of people, I'm a huge fan of Biologique Recherche's P50 lotion. It's an expensive yet amazing product that lives up to the hype. It is one of my holy grail/don't ever wanna live without this stuff products. My love for that has made me want to own the entire range. Since I'm not a billionaire, that's not possible so I grab what I can from the range when I have the money. I also wanted to try to move away from foaming cleansers after reading that French ladies never use them as they're too harsh and drying. I got a wee sample of the Lait U cleanser when I purchased a bottle of P50. It seemed decent enough so when I ordered yet another P50, I decided to get Lait U. I only ordered the travel size for 20 some odd dollars. I'm glad I cheaped out as I didn't like this cleanser. BR's products are well known to be rather stinky. They stay way from perfumes and the like which is great, but the smell is definitely an adjustment. Lait U smells like milk mixed with Elmer's glue to me. It's not intolerable, but it ain't a delight either. The good thing is the smell doesn't last long as you're washing it away and it doesn't stick to your skin. I used Lait U for a few weeks as the travel size I purchased was generous enough to last quite some time. Also, only a small amount of product is needed. Sadly, I just couldn't get into it. I never got used to a non-foaming cleanser that's not an oil or a scrub and really never felt that my skin was clean. Even after using it in the morning or at night after makeup free days, my skin still didn't feel as clean as I like it to feel. On the plus side, Lait U isn't particularly drying and didn't seem cause any breakouts. Despite this, I still had to force myself to use the entire bottle. I wouldn't repurchase Lait U as I feel that it doesn't do anything more than any other cleanser for a fraction of the price.

About reviewer (210 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

Terrible, just terrible :( I am in love with lotion p50 and BR cremes, but this stuff gave me teen acne :( First two days was fine, then my pores were clogged and the break-outs started to appear. On day five I had them on neck and decollete! And my pores were HUGE. It was the one and only thing I had changed in my routine, so guilty was easy to spot. I started to use my previous cleanser and situation was back to normal. As I have read so many positive reviews and loved other br products, I decided to give it another try. Same same. After use, even if I removed it with cotton pads, wash clothes, etc. I could still feel greasy leftover. I tried cold water, warm water, hot wash cloth - the grease was still there. Even followed with my cleanser, still was causing me trouble. I have analyzed the ingredients list and second one is capric/caprylic triglycerides - something you should avoid if acne prone. So bad that br put such a nasty stuff in product made to help oily skin...

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlue

3 years ago

This is only the second milk cleanser that I have ever liked — and to my surprise, I don't just like it, I love it. It leaves my skin clean, soft and hydrated, with no greasy leftover film whatsoever, and that's just rinsing it with cool water, no cotton pads or washcloth. However, it needs to be said that I'm no fan of foaming washes, either. My skin is formerly super oily. What helped it calm down is when I stopped trying to get rid of the oil: when I started using Akari's Myrtle milk cleanser for oily skin, and jojoba oil as the ONLY other thing. Akari is impossible to source outside of Austria and maybe Germany, so in the 15-20 years since that experiment, I have tried literally dozens of other non-foaming cleansers that claim not to strip skin, whether aimed at oily skin or not. They all either leave my skin stripped or they leave that filmy grossness that turns to grease half an hour later. So I was very pleasantly surprised by Lait U. It is unscented, which I generally like, and it leaves my skin feeling wonderful. If I don't use anything at all after it, my skin feels fine, neither oily nor dry — and that's a tall order for a cleanser. Whether it removes makeup I don't know, as I always remove mine, if I'm wearing any, with BioDerma's Sensibio H2O micellar water. But I will definitely be buying Lait U again when it runs out. UPDATE: It turns out that Lait U has a bunch of objectionable ingredients (both EWG and CosDNA agree on that). I'm not compulsive about avoiding problem ingredients; they can earn their keep by offsetting their potential problems with tangible skin benefits, or by being part of an otherwise irreplaceable great product. Unfortunately for Lait U, most of its problem ingredients are just preservatives, and I found that Sukin's Cream Cleanser is just as wonderful, with far fewer problem ingredients (and less problematic ones, at least for my non-acne-prone skin). At 1/4 to 1/3 of the price of Lait U, and with a divine smell to boot, it won me over. Sorry, Lait U.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

1.0

4 years ago

I was so excited to try this but it was a bust for my skin. It left my face pink and dry. Since I gave up foaming cleansers, I've been on the SEARCH for a great cleansing oil/milk - so far, the only product I have enjoyed is DHC Cleansing Milk - not perfect but the best out of many. Back to Simple Micellar Water (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) for now. And, the search continues ...

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

4 years ago

I used to use the harshest, strongest washes and clay masks on my skin because i break out so bad. I ALWAYS have acne. I thought a milk cleanser? this is sure to cause break outs! WRONG! This is the best face wash EVER! It cleans my acne but doesn't strip off natural oils that dried me out causing acne to never go away. Now I still have acne, but it is better then ever and my skin never feels super dry after using this. I am literally obsessed and won't use anything else!

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

4 years ago

Probably my favourite cleanser of all time! I have combi skin and this is the only cleanser that manages to hydrate and comfort my skin, yet still remove all excess oiliness. It's not stripping at all.

SkinCombination, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

Lait VIP 02 is WAY better. Stop treating acne with harsh foaming face washes. Something gentle is all you need, and the LAIT VIP 02 has lactic and salicylic acid in it. Perfect if you get breakouts. You really get that bright face afterwards.

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 years ago

Update 6/8/2016: I really want this cleanser to work for me. I have tried using it a few times since my original review. But my skin feels gross and unclean every time I try it. Original: I just can't get into this. Been using it for a month. I agree that the texture is great and my face never feels stripped after using it. But it also doesn't feel clean. I don't mean "squeaky clean", since I am not expecting a lotion cleanser to give me that feeling. It just still feels like there is residue and I have this urge to wash my face with another cleanser. Like another reviewer said, despite using P50 twice a day, I am still seeing more clogged pores and skin colored bumps. I think this stuff isn't helping that cause. I am going to give up on it.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

I recently started to use this product after adding Lotion P50W to my routine. I was never a big fan of lotion cleansers and have been hooked in Tatcha oil cleanser. But I bought this just to try and am very I pressed. It feels very gentle on your skin. There is no smell to it. At first it may feel strange to not have a cleanser foam but I don't mind. I use a small amount, maybe a nickle size in my palms and rub it all over my face for about two minutes then add a few drops of water and rub gently again. I have also used it with my Clarisonic after first rubbing it on my face but have added a bit more water to my face with the Clarisonic. The cleanser rinses clean and your face feels very soft. I use this cleanser in the morning and the Tatcha facial oil and then her enzyme powder most nights. The only downside is this cleanser is expensive but to me it does work and I will buy it again. I don't like foaming soapy cleansers so this is another product I can add to my keep list.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over