4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

My review is for the *cream* - not lotion. This stands up to any other top of the line moisturizer but is probably the least expensive: 3 oz. $4.99 RSP. No fragrance. Snap-top tube. Active Ingredient: 2% Colloidal Oatmeal. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Propanediol, Hydroxyethyl Acetate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract, Isohexadecane, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, C 10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Ceramide NG, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Potassium Hydroxide, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-10 Phytosterol, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12. Love. It.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

from

3 years ago

I bought Gold Bond Eczema Relief Skin Protectant Cream with 2% Colloidal Oatmeal for the sole reason of relieving a rash I developed due to medical bandaging rubbing on my arm. I got it specifically because it has a higher percentage of colloidal oatmeal than other "calming" creams and lotions. While I felt this cream was soothing to an extent, it didn't significantly relieve the itching, redness and bumps any better than other lotions I've used. After the rash was gone, I used this product as a body lotion, but for all its claims, it did not relieve the dry itchy skin on my legs either. The lotion feels very silky and nourishing when first applied, and forms a minimal barrier layer which is very comfortable, ie, does not feel caked on or smothering. At the same time, the barrier effectiveness ran out within 4-6 hours of applying. I can't fault this cream for its ingredient profile--fragrance free, non-irritating and skin beneficial ingredients are all huge plusses. However, its lack of longevity and lack of ability to relieve irritation and itching makes it less of a good buy for me than something simpler like Eucerin Skin Calming Cream.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

Great cream with excellent ingredients. Would definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (191 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

5 years ago

I was intrigued by the fact that this has 2% collodial oatmeal and my Aveeno products have 1%. I know it sounds silly, but thought it would be superior because of the extra oatmeal and this difference was the sole reason for my purchase. However, the texture has a tendency to pill and roll off if you rub your skin afterwards. Does not hold up during a massage. I suspect the dimethicone is the reason. It doesn't absorb like my lotions. Also, I found it irritating to my face whereas I can use Aveeno Eczema Therapy on my face, and Kate Somerville's Eczema Therapy, even around my eyes. Will not buy again because I have two alternative products I prefer.

About reviewer (827 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

6 years ago

So I've had terrible eczema all my life and have had to used tons of lotions and creams to try and subdue it. I've been trying this lotion out for a while now and I like it but I also don't like it. I find it to be well moisturizing and I like that it isn't a super heavy formula either. But I don't find it to help my eczema very much at all. I get dry patches and also small bumps, it seems to take away a bit of the itchiness but not for long. If I use this after my eczema has calmed down a bit, I like it. But if my eczema flairs up, I find it not to work and I have to use something else to make it go away. I also think that if you just need a hand cream and don't like thick and heavy lotions, this is a nice one. When it gets really hot outside, I like to put this on my legs if I get a bit of heat rash to soothe it. For an every day lotion, I would repurchase but if I were to use solely for my eczema, I don't think it works at well as other things I have. Its not very expensive either and you can get it almost everywhere.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

from

6 years ago

I finally found a cream that works for me! This stuff is amazing. I was recently helping to care for a sick relative in the hospital, and had to constantly wash my hands. This, combined with the cool/windy weather, led to my knuckles becoming cracked, and my hands becoming red and itchy. Thankfully, my sister had an extra tube of this cream, and let me try it. Within one day of using it a few times, my hands were healing very well. Within a few days, all signs of my hands being dry/itchy were gone! I really love that this cream has no unpleasant scent, and absorbs within seconds. I have continued to use this cream on my hands and elbows, and will most definitely purchase more before I run out!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age36-43