Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki Brush

Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki Brush
Retractable Kabuki BrushRetractable Kabuki Brush

4.2

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

A great brush which really helps to smooth and even out my foundation. The bristles are soft and the fact that it is retractable is great!

on 5/12/2016 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

The brush is really dense, so I like to use it for both blushers and bronzers. I think it picks up just the right amount of product always. I don't know how it does it, but I never accidentally overload product onto my face. The product goes on seamlessly. It applies bronzers and blush SO beautifully; I don't know where my makeup starts and begins. Although I don't have much use for changing the shape with the retractor thing, I like that it has that option. I also like that it retracts because it lets the brush keep it's shape and keeps the brush away from any external bacteria. The brush has a slight angle to it, which I especially love for blush. It hugs the cheekbone really nicely. It's such nice quality that I can't believe I got it at such a low price.

Great brush for using on my bronzer palettes (eg MakeUpRevolution), the bristles are soft yet dense. I love this brush!! It was a bday gift but they run approx ~$10 at Kroger. High quality low price really gr8 when I find DS gems! ALL of the RT brushes I own are high quality for $50 u can set urself up w a bunch of the basic brushes u need. Remember it's the skills of the user but nice tools do help ;-) practice makes perfect!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Now seeing as this is the only make up brush I own, I probably don't know what makes a good make up brush. Every morning I use this to apply loose mineral foundation and yes it does the job brilliantly, it applies my foundation well and looks even. It is lovely and smooth, the bristles don't fall out, doesn't waste any of the foundation powder, easy to clean, and I'm glad I bought a retractable brush because I have a weird obsession with not letting dust fall on things so at least I can put the lid on this when I am done. This has done everything I wanted it to do, so no complaints here!

EDIT// One thing that does annoy me is that I can't clean inside the tube in which the brush retracts into which means old foundation residue and bacteria stays there, its still a good brush but if you worry about things like this (just like me) then this isn't great.

Maybe I got a dud, but mine broke after the second use. The brush itself came out of the retractible packaging. Secondly, the clear plastic lid not only looked cheap but also cracked within days. I didn't get to find out how good the actual brush was since it so easily fell apart. I'm not impressed and will be avoiding this brand from now on.

great price and a great brush! i use this for powder foundation. at first I found it a tad small for an all-over face brush, but now I appreciate how it gets all the contours of my face due to it's particular size and shape. holds up well with no shedding so far. love this brush!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I use this brush for my blush, because it sits right on the apples of my cheeks. It picks up the right amount of product and blends nicely. I have noticed when I wash this brush (I use baby shampoo) it keeps the smell, where as all my other brushes do not. It stays wetter for a lot longer, an the smell isn't too nice when mixed with makeup. But it's a minor inconvenience considering the great job it does!

Love this for blush, grabs just the right amount of blush and size is just right for my cheeks. For a long time I used MAC 168 for blush, and other MAC and other high end brushes for everything, but didn't love them, and then started exploring drugstore ones, and definitely love a lot of them for sure. My other favorites for blush are ELF angled and Ecotools (the one that comes in a 5 pc set, I like it better than the one sold alone). But this RT retactable is the best. I tried it for powder, but the angled thing is just not working for me, I am happy with Ecotools retractable brush for that. Would repurchase if lost or broken definitely.

on 8/31/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Just love these brushes. Best I've tried and not that expensive :) HG!

on 5/23/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

PERFECT! I use this as a powder brush, a bronzer brush and for blusher! I've even used it to apply foundation once before and it looked perfect!

Popular Makeup Brushes