Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream

Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream

3.0

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Niacinamide , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acetyl Glucosamine, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Penta Peptide-4 Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadens Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Sodium Peg-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaureate Copolymer, Dmdm Hydantoin, Laureth-10, Laureth-7, Dimethiconol, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alk Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Edta, Peg-100 Stearate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Yello5, Red 40.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I agree with the other comments. This cream feels oddly heavy, and not in a good way. My skin feels suffocated with this cream. It doesn't sink in, and it peels. This also broke me out!

I'm really glad I bought the cheap travel size at Target and didn't waste more money. I LOVE the Luminous Tone serum--but the cream is a huge fail.

on 12/19/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

what a waste of money!!! this stuff does not absorb, but stays on top of the skin, and then pills. i absolutely feel ripped off. does it moisturize? it never stays on my skin long enough to find out!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried only a good sized sample of this moisturizer, so I can't speak to the long term benefits of this cream, but I quite liked it for a few temporary advantages. I applied it only during the daytime, atop my typical serum (currently a Shu Uemura), and it felt very comfortable, not stinging, not a heavy fragrance, and definitely added an instant (if temporary) glow to my skin. It wore very well beneath my foundation and gave a more luminous (but not oily/greasy) look to my skin. My foundation didn't last as long over this, but had I touched up my powder it would have been fie. I'm unsure though if it caused me a few blemishes, or if it was diet/lack of water related, so I'm hesitant to say that it entirely agreed with my sensitive skin. I also didn't use it long enough to see if it did fade dark spots (in 8 weeks as it claims to do). It did hydrate well enough though (and it is winter in a cold climate for me at the moment), and gave a pretty look to the skin.

on 12/14/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love Regenrist Luminous make my skin feel so soft and flawless

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

It's ok. It works best with a thin layer over skin that isn't already super dry. I notice that I get flaky spots with this one if worn overnight. It feels nice under makeup, though, so I plan to use it once the weather warms up in the spring and I don't need a ton of moisture like in the winter. Probably won't rebuy it, since I feel like there are other moisturizers out there with better texture, packaging, and moisturizing properties than this, but I won't toss it out.

on 11/17/2016 4:10:00 PM

Honestly this stuff is just not my favorite. It says it's a moisturizer but my skin still felt dry after using it. I think in part that's because of the mattifying effect, which I didn't really care for. I think a little shine is good on my skin, and instead my face ended up looking dull right after I applied this moisturizer.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think I gave this cream a fair shake....and i really didn't like it.
I'm not sure what others are talking about--mattifying?? this cream was the complete opossite for me??! After MANY nights...I would try and use and and it would just feel...heavy..AND I have used heavy creams before--this is a weird heavy. My pores literally felt like they were being suffocated. I wouldn't be able to sleep and when I did leave it on (for the "tone perfecting benefits..") I didn't feel comfortable.
After a couple months, I did NOT notice any improvement regarding my tone at all...none of my dark spots were lightened. I also felt like my skin would break out a bit. As far as drug store products go, I felt this was a waste of money since it didn't do a thing for me. Hydration?? Pssh, yeah right!!! Tone perfecting??? My foot!!! I don't know why, but many Olay products seem to be a big let down for me.
I think --for me, personally--that plain old Ponds Clarant B3 in either Normal to Oily(for Mattifying and day use) or the Normal to Dry(for night time use) worked a hell of a lot better for me!!! And it was half the price of this particular Olay product too!! It also lightened my dark marks up a lot whereas Olay Tone perfecting did not.
Anyways---so I give it 2 thumbs down. Maybe it works better for Normal to Dry skins better, but my Normal to Oily skin it did not work out for. And this is pretty rare...I hardly give 1 lippie...even if I didn't like something.
I think they only thing I liked about this cream was the smell...it smelled good.
But other then that, Better luck next time Olay....
**sigh....I really wish I hadn't bought this and wasted more then $20 on it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin tends to be a bit dry, and this moisturizer was not effective for me at all. The fragrance was a bit overwhelming. I enjoyed the mattifying effect, the way it looked and felt on my skin directly after application, and it seemed to be aiding in exfoliation, although I am not totally sure about that. But the longer i had it on my face, the drier it felt. I tried putting it on before bed and ended up getting up, washing it off, and using another lotion before I could go to sleep.

on 3/6/2016 11:48:00 AM

I won the complete line on a site I usually buy products from and I couldn't have been more delighted. I think is the first time I had a whole line of products in my routine from the same line and therefore I believed that it was impossible I wouldn't see the results. Man, was I wrong...

This product was the worst of the bunch. Not only didn't work as promised, but it caused breakouts in my usually tame combo skin. Stay away from this if your skin is sensitive!

absolutely LOVE this. Keep in mind, I am 17 and I do have relatively clear skin-- but let me tell you, there is no cream or lotion out there like this. This is so soothing and it melts into the skin so nicely; I love it right before bed or even before makeup application for a bit more of a radiant glow to my foundation.
I find that it helps keep my skin clear also-- as weird as that sounds, something about it like dries the oily areas of my face where I tend to get breakouts, and if I remember to use it every night I hardly ever get pimples anymore,
I have been using this cream for about 2 months I have just run out. Luckily I had a backup! It is sort of pricey, not gonna lie. I can see why this would be a less reached for item because of that-- however, it is well worth the money. WELL.