Dove Purely Pampering Pistachio Cream with Magnolia Body Wash

Dove Purely Pampering Pistachio Cream with Magnolia Body Wash

4.3

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lauroyl Glycinate, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauric Acid, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Dmdm Hydantoin, Bht, Tetrasodium Edta, Etidronic Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Red 33 (Ci 17200).

on 10/15/2016 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm giving this a 5, not because it is the best body wash, or because it has the best smell, but because it gives me the best shaving I've had so far.

I bought it on a whim, because I found it on sale and the smell was somewhat interesting and suitable for relaxation (it is a very warm scent, better for wintertime than summertime when I usually prefer something fresher).

When I started using it, I noticed that the lather it produces is very thick and creamy, quite reminiscent of a shaving cream. I also noticed that when I rinsed I didn't get a "squeaky clean" feeling, but rather it felt softer, as if it really was a little moisturising (although I always use a moisturising lotion or oil after showering anyway). So I got the idea to try to shave my legs with it.

I used to shave using conditioner. I enjoy shaving creams, but I rarely buy them because I need a lot of product so I go through them really quickly ( I shave my legs all the way up) and, frankly, I find them a waste of money. I used to never use just body wash lather for shaving, because it was aggravating my skin.

This body wash was a pleasant surprise. It is very comfortable for shaving, prevents cutting, leaves my skin smooth and a tiny bit moisturised (I still use almond oil or some other body oil afterwards) and lasts me a long time (I use a walnut sized amount on a mesh body sponge to produce enough lather for both legs), so it's a money saver. I like it and will continue purchasing for shaving.

on 8/30/2016 6:30:00 AM

Lovely feminine scent. When paired with the lotion the skin gets so smooth and soft. The scent lingers for a long time on the skin.

on 7/12/2016 8:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My oldest son was buying dove .. He has no budget and the rest of us were using whatever was on sale softsoap, zest etc.. Well I tried the dove body wash in go fresh and loved how it made my skin so I found some at my local grocers on sale for 2.50 so I bought the pistachio because it smelled good and I thought it was something different from all the fruity scents and it is a new favorite ... Id like to try the coconut one next this is a good body wash smell wise and smoothness wise I even use on my face sometimes

This bodywash smells really good, I love the combination of pistachio and magnolia. I wish Dove came out with a lotion and deodorant too. That said, I'm not the biggest fan of moisturizing, thick body washes because I don't really feel squeaky clean after and I'm super worried about breakouts but that just might be me.

on 8/30/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really loved using this body wash. It is harder to rinse off but at the same time it's less stripping than soaps and less "moisturizing" body washes. It contains some oil which interferes with the surfactant qualities of the wash while slightly moisturizing your skin. However, since most of the oils get rinsed off, I wouldn't rely on this as the sole source of skin moisturizer. The scent is very different from the soap of the same "purely pampering pistachio cream with magnolia'' attribute. The soap was almost pungent in its artificial floral aroma whereas the body wash started off with more pistachio scent and ends-while rinsing-with the floral fragrance. Sadly, the scent doesn't linger on my skin but it might on someone else since everyone' skin chemistry slightly differs. The texture of this product was very thick and creamy, while foaming less than average, which prompts you to use a bit more. I would use at least the size of three american quarters to get a good foam going with my salux towel. If not, I find it to be lacking in cushioning comfort that I've come to associate to other (mainly Japanese) body washes I use. The only lacking point of this product is its packaging. I've seen on Amazon some bottles with a pump but they're impossible to find in Canada, the largest ones of Dove Body Washes we have are 710mL and they all come with that unpractical top cap which is really hard to flip open with wet hands. I will probably finish one of my Japanese body washes first and pour this product in its convenient pump bottle.

on 7/2/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My favourite body wash at the moment, I have a bottle everywhere I can shower or have a bath. It's slightly thicker in consistency than your standard Dove and the scent is very captivating. The skin does feel nourished after using it, but I still use my body lotion. It feels and smells as a higher end body wash, the mix of magnolia and pistachio is original and unexpected. It tends to be out of stock very often, so I've bought several back ups and I hope it's going to stay on the shelves for a looong time :).

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love the scent

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have repurchased this body wash over and over again.... I'm on at least my 10th bottle. I never even get the desire to use anything else.

The smell is absolutely DIVINE. Slightly sweet, slightly nutty, slightly floral. It's very hard to describe and you have to smell it for yourself. I get complimented on how good I smell all the time when I'm freshly showered and not wearing perfume, lotion, etc. This never really happened before I started using this body wash. My boyfriend even loves using it on himself!

It cleanses your body and is highly moisturizing. Lathers very well. As far as packaging, it's very easy to use, I've never had a problem with the lid, and it's big you you get a lot of product and it lasts a long time.

EDIT: I will sadly no longer be repurchasing this product, as Dove is not a cruelty-free brand.

on 6/23/2015 10:00:00 AM

Adore this stuff. Smell is slightly different than bar -- the cream is more nutty/almond-y, almost, but not quite (thank heaven) tobacco-y, with very delicate and lovely magnolia top. It is really moisturizing without leaving greasy residue on my skin, but as another reviewer pointed out, it doesn't completely get the deodorant residue out from underarms. Still, most soaps don't and can always make a couple of passes. I usually still use lotion after shower even with this, but when I've forgotten my skin felt fine. Price point is a little higher than your usual drugstore body washes, but it's often on sale and the quality is triple worth it. Love, love, love the stuff! Wish they'd make a lotion, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant in it. EDIT: I use this, and the bar, on my very sensitive, break-out prone face, without hesitation and with never a single problem. Super gentle and non-irritating.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Smells very nice and refreshing like a light powdery and floral scent together. It's not overly fragrant so you can still layer it with your favorite daily perfume. A truely unique scent.