Sephora Collection 2 in 1 Eye Makeup Remover Gel

2.5

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I stop using this after about a week and went with Vaseline or baby oil. This was nothing like the original blue formula. It did not remove waterproof

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like that it's a gel texture so it's non greasy but performance wise, I find it less effective than the bi-phase liquid version. No problem removing eyeshadow but takes a few attempts to completely remove long wearing liquid eyeliner and mascara. Won't repurchase.

I find this DOES NOT remove stubborn waterproof mascara that well. I had to rub my eyes really hard!

The Sephora Waterproof LIQUID formula works A LOT BETTER. It removes very easily with one swipe compared to this GEL formula. Will not repurchase the gel formula!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this at Sephora because I find that my Pond's facial cleansing wipes aren't taking off my mascara as nicely as I prefer: they're damp, but I don't like pulling on my eye area to take off makeup. So, enter this product. The name is weird: it's listed as just "2 in 1 Eye Makeup Remover Gel" on the site, but the actual bottle has "waterproof" in it. (I don't wear waterproof makeup on a regular basis, so I can't really speak to this for sure...but I wore heavy black eyeliner and some false eyelashes recently and this took it off really well. There was a little residue the next day that some remover on a Q-tip took care of nicely.) So get a sample! Ahem. To use this, I wet my face, get a cotton square and pump a little bit of gel on it. I then hold it onto my eye area -- I do very little rubbing. The gel remover takes my mascara and undereye makeup off nicely without feeling oily: I cannot stand oily removers. This doesn't dry my eye area out that I've noticed...I think it might have a touch of alcohol in it? The ingredient list has "Phenoxyethanol" which is clearly some derivative of alcohol...again, try a sample. Pump bottle is convenient and not messy. Fairly priced at $10. I've bought 2 of these and will continue to repurchase unless I find something I like better. EDIT 7/2/16: I haven't repurchased this in a long time, as I discovered the Fresh soy eye makeup remover, which has rapidly become my HG.