3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

So this palatte is great for everything but eyeshadow hence I gave it a 3star rating. Most of the colours barely appear on my skin medium deep skin tone and just puff away when you go to blend them out the only good shadows for me for eyeshadow is the pink shimmery shade and....the white shade ONLY for the brow bone. So I dark brown Matt shade works okay as bronzer for my skin tone and the pink shimmer I mentioned earlier works well as highlight which I love. And the light brown shade next to the white shade works well for me in terms of dusting off bake and....that's its. The rest of those shades sucked. The palatte is cheap but not really worth, the packaging is great and light though so....that's a positive I guess

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

Not the most pigmented shadows out there but they blend out beautifully and can be built up with minimal fall out. There is a mixture of matte, satin and metallic finishes which allows you to create gorgeous looks with these shadows. They are soft and swatch much stronger than how they apply with a brush. I am pleased that they will last the entire day without creasing or fading too much. There is a good selection of warm, neutral and cool toned shades in this palette. I honestly love them all. Good value for this as well. Great for every day use. I’d choose something more dramatic for an evening out but you can’t go wrong having this in in your collection.

About reviewer (950 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Love the colors. They last for hours. wish it came with an applicator though. I had 2 buy some at the dollar store. I love that it comes with mattes and shimmery colors. The shimmery are the best though!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This is a nice little find, for real. The shadows are decent quality - I find them smooth, easy to blend, minimal fallout (hallelujah), and *medium* pigmented. This is a quality I wanted. It makes it so easy to create a really pretty wash of color that, to me, looks super modern right now. Like, you can tell I'm wearing eye makeup but it's not A Look. (And if you want A Look, I'm sure you can get it with this palette.) A couple of the shades are incredibly shimmery, but I find most of them are satiny. None are completely matte. A few seem super similar, but if you choose wisely, they won't get muddy on the lid. Even if you buy this palette for only one of the shades, you're paying less than $6 for a LARGE pan. I use primer, and they last all day. Also, these seem truly neutral to me. Not too warm, not too cool. My favorite way to wear this is to use one of the medium-brown shades as an overall wash, all the way up past my crease, almost to the brow. It's only a few tones darker than my actual skin, so it's not too severe and gives a '70s vibe to the eye with a slight sheen. The highlight shade is perfect and I use that on the browbone and inner corners. Then, if I'm feeling it, I use the dark brown to define as a liner, or on the outer v. I love this palette for this specific look and it's definitely going to be my go-to this summer. I use a setting spray on top - the shadows melt into the skin and there is no texture after, leaving your lids looking smooth, hazy, and slightly smoky in that '70s disco-y way (sorry, it's just my aesthetic right now lol). It's an "I'm not trying too hard" look that's different from other similar looks because you ACTUALLY didn't try too hard, haha. The packaging is crazy sturdy, it's not even that hideous, and you get a ton of product.

About reviewer (542 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I actually have the All About Roses palette, but there is no page for it, and honestly, the shades are pretty similar (very similar to the picture), they are just slightly more pink. I was bored at Shoppers Drug Mart and decided to swatch this, and wow, I was impressed with the colour payoff and texture. I bought it right then and there after I swore I would not buy another cheap palettes due to most of them leaving much to be desired (including other Essence eyeshadow). I tried it with a brush (because the oil in your fingers tends to pick up more pigment than a brush) and I was not disappointed. It still gave decent pigment, yet was very bendable. Even the highlight shades showed up on me when usually very light shades won't appear on my pale skin without soaking the brush. Even the darker colours are very soft, perfect for every day. It lasts a decent amount of time with primer too. I can't get over the quality for $6. I have high end palettes that are nowhere near this good. I really wish they would release more shades as the palettes are very similar.

About reviewer (120 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

3 years ago

great colours pays off quite well but I don't like how it's all really shimmery and has no mattes at all

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

3 years ago

This is for the new version, which has 8 shadows. These have got to be THE most pigmented shadows I have ever seen! The color goes rich and true. Very silky, smooth, easy-to-blend formula. Plus, there's little to no fallout, which is pretty amazing given the color payout. Seriously, high-end brands have nothing on this palette! But there is a downside...for an 8-shadow palette, there's too much similarity among the shades. The middle-toned shades are so similar that I found myself thinking of them as 1 color. Plus, all eight shades are shimmer, which if you're looking for that is a good thing. But if you're wanting a palette with a little more versatility and wearability...you may find you'll have to augment this with matte shades from other palettes. The cost is insanely cheap: $6 or so at Target. Even if this isn't the most versatile palette in your lineup, it's still worth picking up.

About reviewer (332 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

from

3 years ago

Great price. I love the medium shades as my crease/blending colour. Has awesome pigmentation for the cost. A major plus is that these shadows are very fine and not powdery, barely any fallout. I like the low key satin finish on the lids, not flashy, subtle and not quite matte. I feel like this is a deal since I got them for about $5 at Shoppers. Blendable, easy to work with. The lightest shades are a bit too sheer for my taste but I don't mind the colours once applied. I have the 8 pan as opposed to the one pictured. One con for me is that I cannot de-pot my favourites to put in a z palatte.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Olive

4 years ago

I recently purchased what seems to be a new version, which has 8 shadows rather than 6. The case is pretty thick and sturdy, and the colors are great. There's a nice mix of satin and shimmery shades and they're all wearable. However , I think it's best to use only one or two at a time. More than that will just end up looking like mush or blend into one color. With a good primer it'll stay on all day. It was 5.99CAN at Pharmaprix, which isn't too bad at all for what it is.

About reviewer (183 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

This is a great palette. It is pigmented enough and it works both for a daytime makeup and for an evening out. Apart from the white/beige, all eyeshadows are shimmery. That's the only thing that I don't particularly like as it would have been cool if the palette would have contained only mattes. But overall, I like it a lot and use it very often.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29