Viktor & Rolf Bonbon EdP

Bonbon EdP

3.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Smells just like the billions of cheap celebrity fruity floral perfumes out there, maybe a tiny bit more nuanced and sophisticated. It's not offensive or anything, but it definitely isn't my cup of tea. Even in my mid-20s, I feel like this is already too "candyish" and juvenile for me to wear. And if you do enjoy this type of scent, you definitely don't have to pay designer brand prices for that. It's pretty much down to paying for the cute pink bow-shaped bottle, really.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had high hopes due to the high ratings online. It smells very similar to the gummy bear type celebrity scents out there. I believe this is a dupe of one of the long discontined Mariah Carey Lollipop Bling scents.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love how many different citrus notes this perfume contains, yet it is at not at all overpowering (after the initial spray of course!) The gourmand caramel is beautiful with the citrus, and refreshingly original. Not plain or boring. If i go into a chemist sometimes when I come out i won't be able to tell one scent from like, five different ones. This is one that's definitely one you wear to be recognised! Can tell instantly what scent it is! It's a beautiful classy caramel scent with amazing citrus notes. Also love that it contains the scents peach, wood, amber and jasmine as well! Different, but a georgeous touch nevertheless. And the bottle... i could buy it just for the bottle, how adorably feminine is that?

on 9/23/2016 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Bonbon is one of my favorite Saturday (or any day off) scents, and I'll probably wear it tomorrow. I enjoy its rich sweetness when I'm shopping, and I've gotten compliments in grocery stores. It smells happy and matches my mood on weekends, holidays, & vacations -- and when going places. I don't know why, but I like Bonbon much more than V&R Flowerbomb or La Vie Est Belle -- I think it's because Bonbon smells richer and fuller.

An EDP that launched in 2014, here are Viktor & Rolf Bonbon's notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Mandarin, Orange, Peach
Heart Notes -- Jasmine, Caramel, Orange blossom
Base Notes -- Amber, Gaiac wood, Sandalwood, Cedar

It's a sweet oriental but not *too* sweet, since it has 3 different wood notes + amber in the base. It's rich, caramelly, full-bodied -- not overwhelmingly strong but does last well. It's one of my favorite gourmand/orientals. However, I do find the shape of the bottle awkward to hold and spray -- and it's my only problem with this fragrance.

Other reviewers have talked about its high price, but I didn't pay retail. Bonbon launched in 2014, but I just got mine a few months ago. I waited until it came to etailers & ordered it online at a big discount -- I do this all the time. If a fragrance is brand new and only sold in stores, I'll maybe get just a sample, mini, or rollerball. Then if I want a full bottle later, I'll order at a steep discount from an online etailer. That's what I did with Bonbon -- and many many many others. (like waiting for movies to come to Redbox, which I do also.)

on 4/5/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Not worth the price tag - smells nice when you first spray it and then dries down exactly like the D&G Pour Femme (pink one). BonBon is marketed as a fruity floral gourmand but it’s really an oriental vanilla – quite heavy for daytime. I was expecting more caramel and candy and this just smells like a spicy powdery/heavy vanilla. I don’t smell any fruits or florals in this at all. I couldn’t imagine paying $165 for this! I bought a tester off eBay and I’m so glad I tried it out before purchasing the real deal. It smells very mature – if you’re looking for a youthful, vanilla, candy type scent – this isn’t it.

on 3/2/2016 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm so happy I finally added this to my perfumes!! OMG I LOVE IT!!!!

Its sweet & strong right after the 1st initial sprays but the dry down is heaven!!!

On me its a very caramel/vanilla/peach with hints of amber on me. The sillage & longevity of this on me is amazing!!!

This is another perfume that I get complimented on when I wear it.

I am a perfume addict!
This perfume is very expensive, but saying that I love it.
If you like sweet warm vanilla scents , you will love it!
It does last a reasonable amount of time.
Packaging is beautiful.
Definitely worth a buy !

I love this one! I like sweet scents and this one has that. It also stays all day long.

on 10/14/2015 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this perfume as a gift and I'M INLOVE with it. It lasts so long. I can smell it on clothes for a whole week, seriously. My boyfriend loves it too which is awesome ;)
The packaging is really nice and i love its color.
I'd love to buy this over and over but its expensive :/ I'm only a 16 year old student.

I have to admit I was on the fence about this perfume, especially because it costs a fortune. I've never smelled FlowerBomb by Viktor&Rolf, which seems to be a popular fragrance. I read so many reviews on this perfume before I decided to purchase a bottle. The reviews seemed to be very split down the middle. With all that being said, here's my review.

What I look for in a perfume, is simply a smell that makes me smile when I wear it. Usually it falls under the category of sweet, sometimes gourmand fragrances. When I first sprayed this, I fell in love. It's a sweet, but not a boring scent by any means. First, I smell a big bunch of delicious caramels, secondly, a little peach, and lastly, just a touch of woodiness (maybe sandalwood), that gives it depth, keeping it from being too linear of a scent. On my skin, it smells incredible, and is exactly what I was looking for in a scent. It may even be my signature scent. It makes me happy and I smile when I smell it, so that's enough for me. I will be purchasing a full size bottle soon! :)

Popular Fragrances