Viktor&Rolf Bonbon EdP

Bonbon EdP

3.7

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Another love at first sniff! I got an Ulta catalog with this scent strip inside and went gaga over the sweet gourmand scent the second I opened the strip. It makes me happy wearing it, lasts a decent amount of time and fades away to something like vanilla-grapefruit on me, I'm not sure. My husband is scent-sensitive and this not only doesn't make him sneeze, he also likes the "candy" scent [he has a huge sweet tooth!]. It's expensive but IMO, it's worth it!

on 4/23/2018 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love my Pink Sugar and this is like it's older, sexier, more stylish sister. Love it, makes me feel so sexy when I'm using it. Took a star off because it's not THAT special of a perfume to be worth this kind of money but I got it anyway in 90mls because I was dying to have the bottle.

on 1/15/2018 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this smell! I was always a sweet/sugary perfume type of person and this is right up my alley. It just smells so warm and kind of like caramel. The lasting power is great as I’ll still smell it on me when I go to sleep.

on 10/9/2017 7:47:00 PM

I bought this bc I had to have the bottle. It’s so so pretty!! The perfume itself is not that bad but it’s not unique or anything... it smells like sephora;/ It’s very sweet but more gentle than flowerbomb (can’t stand that one)

on 8/5/2017 2:01:00 PM

This smells divine. It reminds me so much the Baby Doll fragrance from YSL. BUT I would not buy it again because it does not last on me and the spritzer sprays A TON of the fragrance. That means that the bottle will not not last a fair amount of time, even with every day use.

I LOVE this scent, but then again, I love ALL sweet, gourmand scents! If you love this, but can't see paying the hefty price (trust me, I couldn't either for the longest time! I ended up buying several of the samples!) buy Britney Spears In Control Curious perfume. Its not identical, but it is close enough that it'll satisfy your Bonbon sweet tooth! Trust me on this! When I first sprayed this on my wrist, I loved it, and after it dried down, I loved it even more, and couldn't stop smelling it. But, it smelled SO familiar. Then it hit me! In Control Curious by Britney Spears! I have that one, too, and I sprayed it on the other wrist, and like I said, they aren't identical, but they are pretty damn close. This is so delectable, very heavy on the caramel and peach, nice dose of vanilla, some boozy scent in there too makes it smell so heady to me...ah...I just love it! I think it smells like sex in a bottle, and I certainly feel sexy when I wear it. My husband loves it too!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Smells just like the billions of cheap celebrity fruity floral perfumes out there, maybe a tiny bit more nuanced and sophisticated. It's not offensive or anything, but it definitely isn't my cup of tea. Even in my mid-20s, I feel like this is already too "candyish" and juvenile for me to wear. And if you do enjoy this type of scent, you definitely don't have to pay designer brand prices for that. It's pretty much down to paying for the cute pink bow-shaped bottle, really.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had high hopes due to the high ratings online. It smells very similar to the gummy bear type celebrity scents out there. I believe this is a dupe of one of the long discontined Mariah Carey Lollipop Bling scents.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love how many different citrus notes this perfume contains, yet it is at not at all overpowering (after the initial spray of course!) The gourmand caramel is beautiful with the citrus, and refreshingly original. Not plain or boring. If i go into a chemist sometimes when I come out i won't be able to tell one scent from like, five different ones. This is one that's definitely one you wear to be recognised! Can tell instantly what scent it is! It's a beautiful classy caramel scent with amazing citrus notes. Also love that it contains the scents peach, wood, amber and jasmine as well! Different, but a georgeous touch nevertheless. And the bottle... i could buy it just for the bottle, how adorably feminine is that?

on 9/23/2016 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Bonbon is one of my favorite Saturday (or any day off) scents, and I'll probably wear it tomorrow. I enjoy its rich sweetness when I'm shopping, and I've gotten compliments in grocery stores. It smells happy and matches my mood on weekends, holidays, & vacations -- and when going places. I don't know why, but I like Bonbon much more than V&R Flowerbomb or La Vie Est Belle -- I think it's because Bonbon smells richer and fuller.

An EDP that launched in 2014, here are Viktor & Rolf Bonbon's notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Mandarin, Orange, Peach
Heart Notes -- Jasmine, Caramel, Orange blossom
Base Notes -- Amber, Gaiac wood, Sandalwood, Cedar

It's a sweet oriental but not *too* sweet, since it has 3 different wood notes + amber in the base. It's rich, caramelly, full-bodied -- not overwhelmingly strong but does last well. It's one of my favorite gourmand/orientals. However, I do find the shape of the bottle awkward to hold and spray -- and it's my only problem with this fragrance.

Other reviewers have talked about its high price, but I didn't pay retail. Bonbon launched in 2014, but I just got mine a few months ago. I waited until it came to etailers & ordered it online at a big discount -- I do this all the time. If a fragrance is brand new and only sold in stores, I'll maybe get just a sample, mini, or rollerball. Then if I want a full bottle later, I'll order at a steep discount from an online etailer. That's what I did with Bonbon -- and many many many others. (like waiting for movies to come to Redbox, which I do also.)