Apt.5 Cosmetics duo eyeshadow

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love these. I got a quad that had all light irredescent colors and I just loved it. The pigmentation is great and they go on smoothly. The price is pretty good too. I will definitely buy more in the future.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

oooh these are so pretty, i have a quad with pink shades and the pigment and texture is great, i can't remember how much it was but not too pricey, the colors are way cute

on 6/26/2006 10:14:00 PM

I really, really like these eyeshadows. Good staying power, nicely pigmented, and the colors are very flattering. As good as department store brands, but only $4 each. Impressive.

on 12/28/2004 2:27:00 AM

Ladies, believe the hype! Apt. 5 eyeshadows are wonderful...great color combinations, long-lasting, well-pigmented, and inexpensive (~$4) as well. I have 11 duos and am seriously lemming for more!
(FYI I am a CCC Neutral)

To summarize:

SD-02 Bronze Duo with toffee and coffee shimmer shadows. Lovely golden sheen to both- really brings out my brown eyes.

SD-03 Basic but indispensible duo of matte cream and chocolate. Great neutrals for whenever.

SD-04 Love this combo! Matte forest green plus shimmery light green.

SD-05 Shimmery rose and lilac shadows. Less pigmented than my other duos, but better when applied wet. Perfect for the spring.

SD-06 Shimmery lavender and pastel purple. Very pretty as a smoky eye.

SD-07 Slightly shimmery dark blue and a shimmery sky blue.
Perfect for people who don't like blue eyeshadows.

SD-11 Champagne and caramel shimmer shadows. Lovely natural look for work. Subtle and polished looking.

SD-15 Shimmery gunmetal gray and silver eyeshadows. Gorgeous smoky eye combo.

SD-17 Matte plum and shimmery gold duo. Very classy.

SD-18 Shimmery midnight blue plus silvery white. Scary in the pan, but on it is just stunning!
Great for a dramatic look.

SD-22 Sadly discontinued, this is my favorite. Shimmery golden bronze and cream. Beautiful combination.

on 3/25/2004 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These are simply gorgeous. Highly pigmented and not to mention dirt cheap! Has a slight shimmer to it. All you need is one swipe. I have it in SD-2, which is brown and they are perfect for the natural/day look. A winner!

on 12/10/2003 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I am very impressed with this line!!!! I ordered their lipglosses and 2 of the eyeshadow duo's due to the good reviews of them. The e/s last a long time and the colors are gorgeous!!! Even though this is a drug store brand, it doesn't make my eyes itch like most of them do. The price is great and for only $6 or so you get good quality e/s at a great price!!!!! Will definitely be buying more!!!!

on 11/17/2003 7:39:00 AM

I got this in SD-1 and this is a combination of khaki colours which makes up a neutral combo. I simply love the simple packaging and it looks so Shu Uemura! :) The eyeshadow's texture is really good and does not crease on me and it is extremely wearable for the day and great for the no MU look! I can't wait to try somemore of these eyeshadows!

on 4/11/2003 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was very impressed with the Apt.5 line. Considering that it is a drugstore brand, the quality of their eyeshadows is excellent. I have it in the SD-2 color, which is the brown/dark brown color, and it lasted all day and didnt crease on me. Great new product and Im looking forward to trying out the rest of the Apt.5 line.

on 3/10/2003 3:53:00 PM

I love Apt.5 shadows and since my collection has grown I've decided to update my original review:

These are amazing quality, lots of product, gorgeous and functional packaging (albeit maybe a little hard to open at first), and dirt cheap.

Here are the descriptions of the duos I got:

SD-3 - This is a great basic matte set of cream (identical to MAC Brule) and taupe (my absolute favorite in many combinations) shadows. This is my absolute no fuss staple and the most used of all sets.

SD-11 - Another perfect basic staple. Light shimmery champaign and a medium shimmery champaign are absolutely perfect for makeup w/out looking made up. Also perfect in combinations w/ dramatic shadows.

SD-5 - If you want a beautiful, daytime, professional looking smoky eye this is your set. Unusual combination of shimmery light lavendar and medium mauve (also shimmery). Absolutely perfect.

SD-8 - Another pearly combination, this time of silvers. I love pearls, b/c of how versatile they are. My Mom fell in love w/ these so I gave it to her and ordering another set for myself.

SD-17 - This is a beautiful dressed up combo of pearly soft gold and matte royal purple. Very sophisticated and unique.

SD-4 - Perfect spring combo of a pearly celery green and a matte true green. This set started my love affair w/ green e/s.

SD-7 - on a rare day when I wear blue e/s this is it. The gorgeous pearly baby blue shimmer goes on like a irridescent highlighter w/ a blue tint, and the darker denim shade (also shimmery) is the perfect compliment.

Overall, these eye shadows are extremely silky and glide on smoothly. I've never experienced any creasing. I do wear base w/ all my e/s, but these have never faded on me. continued >>

Very easy to put on. It has wonderful staying power. The lucite case was sometimes hard to open so I would end up with eyeshadow underneath my fingernail. I bought SD-2, which is a dark bronze and a light bronzey color.