Kat Von D Monarch

Kat Von D Monarch
Monarch

on 1/15/2016 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This palette comes with 3 base shades and 9 accent hues. And Kat Von D Beauty is CRUELTY FREE, Paraben, Sulfate and Phthalate free! This is a really good palette to have, even though it is a bit pricey ($55.00 at Sephora), I love it.

Okay, first of all, the colours are amazing! Wrath, that deep pearl orange, gorgeous! These colours are perfect for a natural look to an intense smokey eye. And they are so pigmented. Seriously, a little at a time people the dark shades are PIGMENTED! They are longer wearing and more pigmented with a primer, but still impressive.
They do have a powder texture but go on very smooth and buttery. These are super blendable and will last all day. Perfect for an evening out. They do have some fallout, so I just tap my brush before applying to ensure that it doesn't end up all over my face (I can be a messy makeup applier!).
Overall, I'm impressed and it's totally worth the money.

on 10/29/2015 9:56:00 AM

This is a go-to palette for me, right up there with my beloved UD palettes. I have this one and the Shade & Light eye palette from Kat Von D and I continue to be very pleased with the quality, application and color payoff from these shadows.

12 shadows at $46 for the palette - The shadows work out to about $3.83 per shadow - I can't buy a L'Oreal single for that unless there is an excellent sale. . . . and these are better.

This is a high quality palette with an edgier vibe but don't let it fool you - I think that this is one of the most neutral palettes I have purchased and would work for almost anyone.

Highly recommended.

on 8/28/2015 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

AMAZING!! I honestly think this palette has a better formula than urban decay does. Goes on smoothly, blends like a dream, it's already laid out in quads for those who need help, and you get a TON of product. I doubt I'll ever go through the whole thing. If I had to mention something I didn't like, I'd say the shadows are almost to soft. Like you seriously have to just barely swipe your brush across the top and you can do your whole eye with that. It last soooooo long on the lids and doesn't crease. I really, really, really love it.

I am really surprised that I bought this. I have not worn a lot of eyeshadow in my makeup life and I'm discovering it now- fabulous! This palette caught my eye the first time I was in a Sephora store last month. I think the burnt orange shade looked so original and then the silvery shades and the overall neutral tone of the palette. It's a funny one, Monarch- it looks like it's a "dress up" palette but when you start playing with the colors, it's incredibly neutral. The colors can be built up a lot and they are richly pigmented with an incredibly soft, yet not overly powdery texture (similar but more buttery than UD).

Others here have already described the colors so I won't go into that but I will say that this is a beautiful and useful palette, far more work-appropriate than you might think at first glance. I don't love the goth design of the packaging (it's not really my thing) and there is SO much product that I'll probably die before I finish all of it, but it's a great purchase and I'm glad I caved!

on 3/2/2015 11:41:00 PM

This palette is gorgeous but it has its ups and downs for me. To me, it isnt a no brainer neutral palette, i find i have to really think about the combinations before i start. Also the shadows are SOOO pigmented that they can sometimes be intimidating and hard to use. Also i think its missing a good middle transition brown or taupe. But it is still gorgeous and i do love it. Check out my video please for a full review, swatch, and demo!

on 10/18/2014 5:50:00 PM

This pallet is amazing! i highly recommend it to everyone the orangy color is a fantastic color for fall! the pigmentation is outstanding! if you guys wanna see it on action and check out the look i came up with go ahead and check out my video featuring the Kat Von D Monarch pallet i would appreciate it if you like comment and subscribe thanks for taking your time to watching it and i hope you enjoy it! (:

Video Reviews & Tutorials