Kat Von D Monarch

Kat Von D Monarch
Monarch

4.8

on 7/26/2017 2:34:00 AM

I was surprised when I heared KVD was discontinuing this palette. I consider it one of her best. I was lucky enough to grab it as soon as it released in Australia. The shadows are more pigmented than any other eyehadows you'll find in the market and at a reasonable price too. The colours are beautiful and can be a used to make a variety of looks. I do find I need some mattes to make the shimmers work in this palette and that is why I bought the Shade and Light palette which is pigmented too. They compliment each other well. The shimmers are beautiful in this palette and a little goes along way. I think this palette will out last any other as I only use so little to get the maximum pigment. KVD should definitely bring this back. Can't wait till she comes out with a warm tone palette. First in line for that one.

on 4/2/2016 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I spent SO much time looking for the 'right' palette. I wanted one that was super versatile (at 50~$ a palette, I wasn't looking to spend on multiple palettes). I was hesitant at first because these colours didn't seem like they were subtle enough for everyday, work wear, but I kind of fell in love and bought them anyway (all that research, out the window).

I am so glad I bought this palette! The colours are stunning, VERY pigmented and sooo blendy! It's a no brainer to get a really nice put together look with these. I'm not an eyeshadow expert, nor someone who's organized enough to have a lot of time to get the look right when I'm running out the door. Also they used to smell like roses! Sadly I think the smell has gone away now that I've had it for about a month. The shiny pink (killing jar) is a reallyyy nice shimmery/frosted pink that doesn't make me (someone with pale skin) look like I have an eye irritation. The other colours are all really lovely. You also don't need to use a lot of product to get the colour.

My only gripe is that the looks you achieve, while really nice, can lean towards the more dark and dramatic if you're not careful. They'll still look nice, but might be a bit more makeup than you were intending to wear to a work function. But again... not organized enough to spend the time necessary to be careful with this.

If I had to compare this to Urban Decay shadows, for the sake of comparison, these are so much nicer imo. I have the Naked Basic palette and I found the consistency to not be as blendable as the KVD shadows. Nor did they have the same smooth finish or pigmented-ness.

I'm undecided if I would buy it again, just because there are SO MANY palettes out there, but I would be SO SO sad if I lost it.

I have very dry eyes, so I don't think I'll ever find eyeshadow that doesn't make my eyes tired and itchy, but it takes quite a while for them to start to feel unpleasant. I've been wearing these shadows for over 12 hours now and they're still tolerable. They have faded a lot (tbf 12 hours is a long time), but aside from the crease it doesn't look patchy or gross. These shadows do need a primer if you're going to be wearing them for a long time (depending on your eyes/eyelids).

Overall, definitely recommend them.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Extremely pigmented!!! A little goes a long way. Nice colors and very easy to blend. I am very impressed with this makeup line.

I've been using this palette for a while now and I can say if I had to chose between the Naked palette 1 and 2 and the Kat Von D palette I would chose the Kat Von D. The reason why is because I think its more buildable. The colors are so pigmented you can easily make a natural look or a very bold dark sexy look. Not to mention that brownish orange color is so pretty and makes your eyes pop when you use it as a transitioning color.

With that being said, keep in mind this eyeshadow has a lot of fallout, not enough to make me hate the palette but enough to be careful when applying it.

on 6/21/2014 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful palette with lots of pigmentation!!
It has very nice colors in there and they feel very soft.
The only thing is that there is a little bit of fall outs.
Also, if you are on the market for a neutral, everyday type of palette, well.. maybe this isn't for you. It is so well pigmented that the colors are very bright and bold. I like that kind of colors but I sometime have to pull out my naked 1 or an other type of softer colors to balance it to be work appropriate. For night looks, this is awesome!

on 4/18/2014 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was not something I was expecting to fall in love with. I generally think the Kat Von D brand is kind of specific to a certain kind of person who is very into tattoos and is a bit younger *clears throat* than me. Putting that aside, this palette contains some extremely wearable shades for both every day, and for night. You can really get creative without using bright, crazy colors. The textures of these neutrals vary from matte to satin to high-shimmer and metallic. All of the shades are soft, finely-milled and extremely pigmented. I'm absolutely obsessed with this palette and hope there will be more just like it. I also have Naked, Naked 2, Lorac Pro, LM Artist, and this stands out for me as the most exciting neutral palette so far. The packaging is fine, but a bit bulky for me...I would have preferred something a bit slimmer and lighter but it's very nice quality nonetheless.