Kat Von D Monarch

Monarch

4.7

on 10/31/2016 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got it secondhand from a person and this turned to be the most pigmented and buttery eyeshadows I have had ever touched in my life. If you have the luck to get it, get it. I mean, its even more buttery than butter. It's that good. You don't even need to put in effort to blend, it's atrocious. Everytime I use this I get really confused because this is way too good to be real??? HOw is this even real??? I find that that it's much better in quality than the Shade and Light eye palette but both are really good palettes.
It's a must have in my collection. Now it'll be a pain to find a alternative palette though because it's discontinued:))))) whyyyyy

on 8/28/2016 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of Kat Von D's most stellar palettes. I think it may be one of her best. Whenever I do a look with this I always love my eye-shadow that day.

The colour stays on forever, looks beautiful without effort and blends really well. Be sure to pick up a little at a time because it's so pigmented.

What makes these eye-shadows stand out is that they don't blend and disappear into one another, you will be able to see individual colours in your eye-shadow look.

The colour selection in the Monarch is the best I've ever seen. You may need a few neutrals from the Shade and Light or another palette to allow for more looks. But the palette inspires me to play with great colours.

Love and will repurchase if I can.

on 5/2/2014 4:39:00 PM

The monarch palette has a good combination of cool and warm tones IMO. Aside from the striking orange and gold color, it also has a light silvery grey(delaney) a taupey grey(disintegration) a light peach pink with silver shimmer(killing jar). There are technically only 2 or 3 browns. But keep in mind, these are very soft, tap don't swipe or you'll get lots of powder. Also tap off your brush, I've experienced some of the excess powder fall in my eyes thats why i took 1 lippy off. I find the shimmery shadows shimmery not metallic so it's easy to wear everyday. I'm not too crazy about cardboard packaging BUT suprisingly I love this one. I feel it does not get dirty as fast as the lorac pro. It's thicker than the lorac pro and a bit wider but it's super sturdy and heavy for a cardboard packaging but still slim and sleek and good for traveling. It does not look cheap and I really love the butterfly design, it's edgy not childish. I'm not a fan of Kat Von D products, in fact this is my first purchase and I think this is the best packaging she's done. I am seriously thinking of getting the chrysalis palette because I swatched the plummy purples and they look beautiful too.

Video Reviews & Tutorials