Kat Von D Monarch

Kat Von D Monarch
Monarch

on 10/31/2016 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got it secondhand from a person and this turned to be the most pigmented and buttery eyeshadows I have had ever touched in my life. If you have the luck to get it, get it. I mean, its even more buttery than butter. It's that good. You don't even need to put in effort to blend, it's atrocious. Everytime I use this I get really confused because this is way too good to be real??? HOw is this even real??? I find that that it's much better in quality than the Shade and Light eye palette but both are really good palettes.
It's a must have in my collection. Now it'll be a pain to find a alternative palette though because it's discontinued:))))) whyyyyy

on 6/24/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I'm in love with this palette. I love KVD eyeshadow and this does not disappoint. You can create a variety of looks with this from neutral to all out glam. As always the shadows are intensely pigmented and so so creamy. This really is the ultimate do anything palette with a perfect mix of matte & shimmer. Please start selling in the UK as it's so hard to get hold of.

on 6/9/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot say enough great things about this palette the pigmentation is amazing!! The feel of the eyeshadows are like velvet...the lasting power insane!! Not to mention the beautiful palette itself and the names of the eyeshadows are so creative the colors are beyond beautiful this is definitely my all time favorite palette. Theres is some fallout with some colors but nothing out of control. These colors really make my blue eyes pop. The eyeshadows do not make my eyes water or get red at all and the eyeshadows blend like a dream...i love the design and colors of the palette the only thing i wish is that it came in like a metal case only bc im clusmy and im so scared of dropping it or it getting smashed in my soft roll bag. But other then that i have nothing bad to say about this palette i absolutely love it!! I think the colors in the palette can accentuate anyones eyecolor and would look great with any skin tone and hair color...

on 4/17/2015 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been eyeballing this palette for a really long time, and when the Sephora VIB sale came up this month, I decided I'd take the plunge and buy the last one on their shelves.
I absolutely love this palette. I find it to be incredibly versatile, and the colors are so harmonious that you could use any combination and they'd compliment each other perfectly. (This is in stark contrast to the Lorac Pro 2 palette, which has great colors, pigmentation, and texture, but some of the colors just do not work with anything else in the palette, so I rarely end up using about 30% of the palette.) Having a good harmony among the colors is what really makes this product stand out. Even with the UD Naked palettes, essentially what you are getting is slight variations on a single theme. Yes, you can use them for day-to-night looks, but the colors are all very similar to each other. But with the Monarch palette, the colors are all quite different (save a couple shades that are similar), so the variety of looks available makes for a very convenient collection. No need to break out three or four individual shadows to accompany it.
The texture is buttery and finely milled (though does result in some fallout, but no worse than the UD Vice 3). The colors are highly pigmented, but buildable, and they blend like a dream.
The packaging is bulky, but gorgeous. I'd have preferred something sturdier, but I generally don't bring my palettes around in my bag, so as long as it's safe at home, it won't be an issue.
Price-wise, at $46 it's about what I'd expect a mid-range luxury eyeshadow palette to be. But, you do get a decent amount of product, and with every color being wearable and usable, I feel like that's a fair price.
It should also be noted that KVD's products are cruelty free, and most in the line (soon to be all) are vegan.
I will definitely repurchase this palette, as well as explore more of her palettes. (It was a toss-up between this and her eye contouring kit, but this seemed more versatile.)

on 3/2/2015 11:41:00 PM

This palette is gorgeous but it has its ups and downs for me. To me, it isnt a no brainer neutral palette, i find i have to really think about the combinations before i start. Also the shadows are SOOO pigmented that they can sometimes be intimidating and hard to use. Also i think its missing a good middle transition brown or taupe. But it is still gorgeous and i do love it. Check out my video please for a full review, swatch, and demo!

on 5/29/2014 7:58:00 PM

I don't have a set of shadows like this... The texture and pigmentation is amazing. Soft, buttery and pigmented... It doesn't get better.

on 4/29/2014 12:44:00 PM

Yes! Yes to everything. This palette is spectacular, the best that Kat Von D has ever released. The colors are some of the most buttery and most opaque eyeshadows I have - even better than UD in terms of texture and consistency. The color range is also amazing - a lot of copper and warm tones ranging from highlight to blending to crease and defining shades. You can definitely do a lot of looks with this! Of course the packaging is always beautiful, with a lovely ombre butterfly on the cover and a good mirror on the inside. I do prefer her new packaging to the tin-like packaging of some of her other palettes. I recommend everyone pick this up, it's a great staple neutral palette and the colors are perfect for summer. :)