Kat Von D Monarch

Monarch

1 review

on 4/2/2016 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I spent SO much time looking for the 'right' palette. I wanted one that was super versatile (at 50~$ a palette, I wasn't looking to spend on multiple palettes). I was hesitant at first because these colours didn't seem like they were subtle enough for everyday, work wear, but I kind of fell in love and bought them anyway (all that research, out the window).

I am so glad I bought this palette! The colours are stunning, VERY pigmented and sooo blendy! It's a no brainer to get a really nice put together look with these. I'm not an eyeshadow expert, nor someone who's organized enough to have a lot of time to get the look right when I'm running out the door. Also they used to smell like roses! Sadly I think the smell has gone away now that I've had it for about a month. The shiny pink (killing jar) is a reallyyy nice shimmery/frosted pink that doesn't make me (someone with pale skin) look like I have an eye irritation. The other colours are all really lovely. You also don't need to use a lot of product to get the colour.

My only gripe is that the looks you achieve, while really nice, can lean towards the more dark and dramatic if you're not careful. They'll still look nice, but might be a bit more makeup than you were intending to wear to a work function. But again... not organized enough to spend the time necessary to be careful with this.

If I had to compare this to Urban Decay shadows, for the sake of comparison, these are so much nicer imo. I have the Naked Basic palette and I found the consistency to not be as blendable as the KVD shadows. Nor did they have the same smooth finish or pigmented-ness.

I'm undecided if I would buy it again, just because there are SO MANY palettes out there, but I would be SO SO sad if I lost it.

I have very dry eyes, so I don't think I'll ever find eyeshadow that doesn't make my eyes tired and itchy, but it takes quite a while for them to start to feel unpleasant. I've been wearing these shadows for over 12 hours now and they're still tolerable. They have faded a lot (tbf 12 hours is a long time), but aside from the crease it doesn't look patchy or gross. These shadows do need a primer if you're going to be wearing them for a long time (depending on your eyes/eyelids).

Overall, definitely recommend them.

Video Reviews & Tutorials